Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Originally Posted by kingofswords View Post
    Look at how glad has evolved in time.

I remember the days when fights went like :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTzDYvNnsEw
    Yeah, I too remember the days when fights were more amusing and people didn't cry "pedal" anytime someone used any type of lateral movement.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Deviok for this useful post:

Jianyu (04-22-2014), Katsuro (04-23-2014)

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Deviok View Post
    Yeah, I too remember the days when fights were more amusing and people didn't cry "pedal" anytime someone used any type of lateral movement.
    dat truth. im sure it rustled someones jimmies.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Thanks
    Variety in gladiator is condemned nowadays. Unless you conform to their play style of spamming massives while being aggressive 100% of the time then you get told you suck. The other day I had a gladiator rage quit a spar against me and then the explanation he gave for me winning 11-1 was "I lost because you suck." We then had a long discussion in which he tried to convince me that being too good at parrying his attacks and not leaving myself open by throwing massives is considered playing cheap. I don't really do anything much different in terms of defense than I did years ago, and no one complained about me back then =/

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Deviok View Post
    Variety in gladiator is condemned nowadays. Unless you conform to their play style of spamming massives while being aggressive 100% of the time then you get told you suck. The other day I had a gladiator rage quit a spar against me and then the explanation he gave for me winning 11-1 was "I lost because you suck." We then had a long discussion in which he tried to convince me that being too good at parrying his attacks and not leaving myself open by throwing massives is considered playing cheap. I don't really do anything much different in terms of defense than I did years ago, and no one complained about me back then =/
    Noob massive more, l2play

Thanks
    Noob massive more, l2play
    lolhow2 left click when some1 slash@me?

Thanks
    i still dont understand your fetishes about not using massives......

lmao i've YET TO COMPLAIN about someone who uses a lot of massives vs me.. i dont care how many they use i will win..

if you can't use mass spam to your advantage you are weak. controlling massives and being able to hit with them is 50% of glad, 30% is using them to land a good combo, and 20% is approaching game/ outwitting your opponent or feeding them massives.

if you complain about one of the most BASIC components of gladiator... then you are not good period

Thanks
    Originally Posted by 99FX12 View Post
    i still dont understand your fetishes about not using massives......

lmao i've YET TO COMPLAIN about someone who uses a lot of massives vs me.. i dont care how many they use i will win..

if you can't use mass spam to your advantage you are weak. controlling massives and being able to hit with them is 50% of glad, 30% is using them to land a good combo, and 20% is approaching game/ outwitting your opponent or feeding them massives.

if you complain about one of the most BASIC components of gladiator... then you are not good period
    *Sigh* here we go again with the obligatory "If I mentioned it, it must mean I'm complaining and therefore can't beat it." Do you not realize that a huge part of my game is countering massives? Back when I had no offense I was able to pretty much gain all my damage by forcing my opponent to massive and then kodachi comboing them when they missed or I blocked them. That's all I had to do to beat the entire community.

The other interesting thing to note is that I take the same type of criticism about massiving today as I did when I explained to people about how flipping was limiting and bad. You don't understand where I'm coming from, so let me explain. I introduced the idea of limiting your equipment and not using flips as a method of training and development in Pendulum in like 2007. Low hp/ap and 15 dmg weapon and no flips were my clan rules. At the time no one got why I wanted to do that and every good gladiator kept telling me how I suck against flipping and can't beat it and that's why I wanted to limit it. Sound familiar? By limiting flipping people improved because they developed better options versus someone's block rather than just flipping them. As a result of that people's defense improved to counteract new developing offense. Following the ideals I put forward is the reason my clan kicked so much ass and everyone else was left in the dark wondering why they still sucked. A training method I used for myself was to limit massiving as well. I became known as a good defensive player because by taking massives out of my arsenal it required me to develop other ways to defend without them. If you take massives out of the equation you become better at parrying and escaping, your offense will also become stronger because you'll become better at initiating offense without the use of a stun. As you develop more you can then add the massives back in and you will become even tougher to deal with. I feel like gladiator has reached the limit of what it can achieve by using every massive at our disposal, I'd like to see something new. But I guess it doesn't matter since gladiator is dead I guess, I just feel like things would be more fun and interesting if we tried to do more than stun each other nonstop.
    Last edited by Deviok; 04-24-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks
    Made predictions earlier, have to change it :

huy wins whole left side (with a chance to lose to kae), crawiy wins whole right side. Then crawiy wins slightly.
    Last edited by kingofswords; 04-24-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    Made predictions earlier, have to change it :

huy wins whole left side (with a chance to lose to kae), crawiy wins whole right side. Then crawiy wins slightly.
    Made predictions earlier, don't have to change it :

You are a retard

Thanks
    Originally Posted by 99FX12 View Post
    Made predictions earlier, don't have to change it :

You are a retard
    Says the one that cant see the differences between the vid between dylan vs lime and the other vid random vs random but more recent.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information