Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Abasena View Post
    You are so wrong ;-;
    No, because like I said earlier, that have not been the MAIN problem so far. So far Medstylers have been surviving for a really long time because chasers/hosts are too unexperienced with hunting on stairway.

I atleast, have never seen anyone shoutout "His ping is too high! Kick him!" Or any host complaining about it in-game or whatsoever. Eden mentioned one round took once 30 minutes and that all because unexperiences, it had nothing to do with ping, it had everything to do with "skills".
    Last edited by Linzor; 05-21-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    No, because like I said earlier, that have not been the MAIN problem so far. So far Medstylers have been surviving for a really long time because chasers/hosts are too unexperienced with hunting on stairway.

I atleast, have never seen anyone shoutout "His ping is too high! Kick him!" Or any host complaining about it in-game or whatsoever. Eden mentioned one round took once 30 minutes and that all because unexperiences, it had nothing to do with ping, it had everything to do with "skills".
    That's because when we actally host Medstyle were probably in a call for better communication and I kid you not someones is always yelling "THIS GODDAMN KID AND HIS FKING PING IMA FK HIM UP" and the person with the high ping usually ends up falling anyways but, ping is part of the issue like, have you ever tried to lead a person with 278 ping '-'? In medstyle you have to predict where this guy is going, plus counter in the distance lag between you then you end up at the top of stairway just sort of slashing '-'

3. The following user said thank you to Sonji for this useful post:

Lorrainé (05-21-2014)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sonji View Post
    That's because when we actally host Medstyle were probably in a call for better communication and I kid you not someones is always yelling "THIS GODDAMN KID AND HIS FKING PING IMA FK HIM UP" and the person with the high ping usually ends up falling anyways but, ping is part of the issue like, have you ever tried to lead a person with 278 ping '-'? In medstyle you have to predict where this guy is going, plus counter in the distance lag between you then you end up at the top of stairway just sort of slashing '-'
    So if ping is a issue, should you not just kick them? However, like you said, they usually end up failing in that case, because once again, the MAJOR problem is that you cant catch the medstylers. And thats what I think makes you crazy about those events.

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    So if ping is a issue, should you not just kick them? However, like you said, they usually end up failing in that case, because once again, the MAJOR problem is that you cant catch the medstylers. And thats what I think makes you crazy about those events.
    It's unfair to the player to just simply kick them, I like giving them the chance until they actually fall (If they do), and I'm not "crazy" about those events, but like I said it depends how many staff members are present. I prefer 3, In a Call and preferably them being in different parts of the world so we won't have that ping issue. About your "MAJOR" problem thing, yeah perhaps some of us lack the knowledge in predicting Med style spots in the first place, We could do something about that, but it's not a big issue atm.
    Spoiler!

Perhaps you should make a Med style video for the hunter P.O.V, Predicting spots and whatnot I believe it would help us considering you know most of the spots in stair way.

Country
    Thanks
    I dont think a video is necassary. There are two points where people are at constantly, which are those two parts that could considered being TOP. If you stand on the highest point of map, I can guarantee that you can spot two places where people are standing at.

yeah perhaps some of us lack the knowledge in predicting Med style spots in the first place, We could do something about that, but it's not a big issue atm
    I would however be very grateful if the hosts took some time learning before getting themselves into this. It takes basically one hour to learn basic medstyle, its not that much time to sacrifise if it can give the huge group of medstylers in FGunZ a little bit more of enjoyment when it comes to mstyle events.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Hosting a medstyle event could be a pain in the ass sometimes, I remember when StephanM literally rage quitted from that event XD, so yeah, that could be the reason. But as a suggestion from me whoever is hosting this event type you only have to consider two things: Ping and to predict where the player is going.
    and he left me to host it alone
    OT:i always asked staff members to host with me, only one who seems to agree with me from time to time is sonji, eden sometimes and thats it
    hunting alone is mucho headache Oo
    Last edited by Taint; 05-21-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    and he left me to host it alone
    OT:i always asked staff members to host with me, only one who seems to agree with me from time to time is shino, eden sometimes and thats it
    hunting alone is mucho headache Oo
    Well I've been asking like 392840242948 times now if you guys are allowed to ask for help and it is okay for you guys to ask for help from non-admin players.

Mazi's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Here's a suggestion Linz.

Why not do a Med style 101 for the event team members? That way you can ensure they know how to chase efficiently as you can show them what to expect from med stylers both inexperienced and experienced.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Well I've been asking like 392840242948 times now if you guys are allowed to ask for help and it is okay for you guys to ask for help from non-admin players.
    asking for help will lead you to get sword
    you getting sword will get everyone sword
    everyone getting sword = medstyle ruined g_G?
    but srs, i can stand hosting it alone, no big deal, im a mstyler myself and i know almost every trick there is so yeah i can expect where the players are or where they'd go, i enjoy playing it more than hosting it but sure ill host it in 2 days since i finish on the 23rd

EDIT ON PREVIOUS POST: i meant sonji in my last post, not shino

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    asking for help will lead you to get sword
    you getting sword will get everyone sword
    everyone getting sword = medstyle ruined g_G?
    but srs, i can stand hosting it alone, no big deal, im a mstyler myself and i know almost every trick there is so yeah i can expect where the players are or where they'd go, i enjoy playing it more than hosting it but sure ill host it in 2 days since i finish on the 23rd
    Asking for help would lead to give them dagger*, and no not everyone would complain, because you choose someone from start to help you out. It has been done before without problem so I'm sure it can be done again.
    Last edited by Linzor; 05-21-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information