Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shank's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    You do realize that lagging/spiking provides somewhat of an advantage for players, right? My point is, if they're aware of it and unable to fix it, get better internet. Besides only a small minority of people actually bother to report laggers in deathmatches/team deathmatches. If you go into a deathmatch at this very moment, you're bound to find someone spiking/lagging.

Personally, after my ISP change around a year ago my internet became horrible. I lagged continuously so I stuck to training rooms instead. Sure it was pretty annoying getting reported for something which was out of my control but it's not hard to understand that you gain a quite a large advantage by lagging.
    not true, lots of players actually can't play at all with lag, i'd say in most instances it's a bigger disadvantage than advantage.

New internet? oh man thats so easy ya lets make everyone buy new internet .

And from the looks of it, a lot of reports actually consist of "force"-lagging and other tedious issues such as begging and flaming, this kind of stuff is ridiculous when you have the /ignore and /kick commands.

As staff, I assumed you would side with this since I wouldn't want to deal with those reports myself if I were in your position

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    steff say forcelagger should be banned for a day or two and not play if they spike just warning them wont want them even want to stop forcelagging

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    not true, lots of players actually can't play at all with lag, i'd say in most instances it's a bigger disadvantage than advantage.

New internet? oh man thats so easy ya lets make everyone buy new internet .

And from the looks of it, a lot of reports actually consist of "force"-lagging and other tedious issues such as begging and flaming, this kind of stuff is ridiculous when you have the /ignore and /kick commands.

As staff, I assumed you would side with this since I wouldn't want to deal with those reports myself if I were in your position
    You're basically saying that because it's a disadvantage for the lagger, it somehow voids the fact that other players are being disturbed by it.

Everyone? A bit extreme and like I said, not everyone lags and only a small minority of people actually report laggers outside of clan wars.

Now that you've brought it up, I can't say much about the flame reports myself. Sure, some of them are for highly minuscule reasons which is why I've independently started handling such reports in a different manner. Can't say much about the other game moderators as those reports usually come down to personal judgement. Although I guess it would be helpful if people would start acknowledging the /ignore function instead of resorting to reporting the other user straight away.

I'm not taking sides here. I'm not going to influence other people to stop reporting because I want less reports, pretty much makes my job here quite pointless if that were so.

Shank's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    You're basically saying that because it's a disadvantage for the lagger, it somehow voids the fact that other players are being disturbed by it.

Everyone? A bit extreme and like I said, not everyone lags and only a small minority of people actually report laggers outside of clan wars.

Now that you've brought it up, I can't say much about the flame reports myself. Sure, some of them are for highly minuscule reasons which is why I've independently started handling such reports in a different manner. Can't say much about the other game moderators as those reports usually come down to personal judgement. Although I guess it would be helpful if people would start acknowledging the /ignore function instead of resorting to reporting the other user straight away.

I'm not taking sides here. I'm not going to influence other people to stop reporting because I want less reports, pretty much makes my job here quite pointless if that were so.
    I'm too lazy to colour everything so I hope you can just tell what goes where lol
    1. it was just a statement to show you that most people aren't abusing the lag to gain an advantage, and if players are disturbed, just /kick the lagger.
    2. sarcasm, nobody is buying new internet for gunz
    3. the only way to get your point across is to make it non-warnable and tell the players who report to start using that command. Continuing to ban/warn people over silly things will only encourage players to keep doing so.
    4. Sounds like you're siding when you say you wanna keep silly reports to keep your job

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    ESC Leave to lobby avoid kick rejoin room.

aaaand vote wasted.

Dude has a couple of friends who don't y on his obvious lag

aaaand vote wasted.

You vote him out? Alt character

aaaand vote wasted.

I'd agree with this if the kick system wasn't so shit.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Freestyler

Thanks
    Can we make it un-reportable if someone is lagging in a public room such as tdm (everything except cw)
    The reason people report for forcelag in a cw is because you can't /kick a player, where as you can in a public room...
    put your /kick command to work instead of going through all the trouble of reporting someone in a public room.

Would also save gm's a lot of time because we all know they are extremely busy..
    I dont see the point of this suggestion. What is the ultimate goal besides just doing something. If t is to just save staff slight time every now and then, theres probably better suggestions that will do that.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Can we make it un-reportable if someone is lagging in a public room such as tdm (everything except cw)
    The reason people report for forcelag in a cw is because you can't /kick a player, where as you can in a public room...
    put your /kick command to work instead of going through all the trouble of reporting someone in a public room.

Would also save gm's a lot of time because we all know they are extremely busy..
    Dude, I only play gladiator either on Arena or Stairway, do you know how annoying it is to fight laggers in glad? Specially on Stairway where everyone is flipping each other constantly. You have to time it so badly to get them killed. And kicking them have never solved anything because of -->

Originally Posted by Mardilz View Post
    ESC Leave to lobby avoid kick rejoin room.

aaaand vote wasted.

Dude has a couple of friends who don't y on his obvious lag

aaaand vote wasted.

You vote him out? Alt character

aaaand vote wasted.

I'd agree with this if the kick system wasn't so shit.

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    Dude, I only play gladiator either on Arena or Stairway, do you know how annoying it is to fight laggers in glad? Specially on Stairway where everyone is flipping each other constantly. You have to time it so badly to get them killed. And kicking them have never solved anything because of -->
    Clearly you are inexperienced

"You have to time it so badly to get them killed."
    lelelelel

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ollypayy View Post
    Clearly you are inexperienced

"You have to time it so badly to get them killed."
    lelelelel
    Lol plz. I dare you to join glad stairway facing high pings. Good luck topping that list.

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    I agree on this. I feel that it would be equally selfish that you ban or warn someone who unintentionally lags and couldn't do anything about it.
    It may be at advantage but the " legit " lag-less players just to be more good in their skills.

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information