Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
    For me Laptop is better than pc !
    Why do you think so ? Any specific reasons other than the obvious ones already stated, like that they're "mobile" and what not ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Eragon's Avatar No Fear

Country
    Thanks
    For me pc is better than laptop also good for game

allwayswin's Avatar no fera

Thanks
    For me laptop is good

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    This post definitely helped me a lot. I mainly wanted to consider a laptop for mobile purposes and to play with my friends when we're not at my house. But now that I think about it, the games we play together aren't THAT intense when it comes to size, graphics and what not. I mostly play those type of games at home on a desktop computer anyway. This really helped me a lot.

A+ piff post mi frent

http://i.imgur.com/Z1UmEcQ.gif

MAYBE if someone who prefers gaming laptops could convince me why they'd be better, I'd consider looking into them. Would be nice to play the games I play at home on a laptop if I'm at my dad's house or sleeping over a friend's house or something, but I honestly don't know too too much about what brands would be best for gaming laptops. What do you guys know ?
    Hunting down good laptops for "cheap" can be difficult. 80% of the time you'll find Laptop price:performance ratios (let's start calling this PPR for future reference) significantly lower than desktops. Main reason being is because desktops (at least if you are smart) are custom built. Individual pieces are occasionally sniped on sale, thus heightening the PPR just from one piece alone.

Does this mean laptops are bad when it comes to PPR? Well it depends. What's your expendable income? If you can manage shelling out UP TO 2k and PREFER portable gaming over desktop, it IS possible for something more than decent.

Regardless, if you were to choose a name brand (laptop, of course), I 110%, FULLY recommend Sager or Clevo as they have the BEST PPR out there for laptops. After this point, just find what specs you want for simply what you NEED. If you prefer Triple A titles on high-- go for no less than $1000 builds. But for anything else, you don't need an ultra powerhouse. I got a ~$600 laptop that can run decent games on high (Smite, PSO2 [noticeable frame drops, however], Tera and hell, even Minecraft on very high settings rarely drops me to less than 60fps with 128x128 textures).
    Last edited by Dualage; 07-28-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: small misword

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information