Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    For gaming, I would strongly recommend you to get a desktop PC cuz of what Dave said generally.
    Unless you have 3k usd to spend on a laptop so you can be sure nothing would fck up for at least the first 2-3 years.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    laptops - good if ur always on the go and want to play everywhere around the house or something

desktops - no matter how old it gets u can upgrade it along with the times u can do the same with a laptop but its much harder n expensive.

Cone's Avatar Connor. WHAM!

Thanks
    I had a desktop for years until I finally decided to buy a laptop, they're both good for different people, I personally prefer laptops since I can be mobile and it still does everything I need it to.

If you want a computer solely for gaming and that purpose only then I STRONGLY recommend a desktop, but otherwise, a laptop would be a good choice if you like a bit of freedom.

(Gaming in bed is amazeballs)

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Definitely a PC. In the longrun, if you're going for gaming and possibly triple A titles, a PC can do more for a similar/better price than a laptop. In addition, they are up-gradable for future installations JUST IN CASE you need that new part for whatever reason or another (new Processor, new GPU for SLI/crossfire, extra RAM etc.)

Myself, I like to have a laptop for my own personal reason; I consistently go to a friend's house where they occasionally play on their PCs/laptops or whatever. It's just nice to have something a bit strong if I'm using it both away and from my home.

But yea, stick with a desktop. It will become far less regretful overall.
    This post definitely helped me a lot. I mainly wanted to consider a laptop for mobile purposes and to play with my friends when we're not at my house. But now that I think about it, the games we play together aren't THAT intense when it comes to size, graphics and what not. I mostly play those type of games at home on a desktop computer anyway. This really helped me a lot.

A+ piff post mi frent

MAYBE if someone who prefers gaming laptops could convince me why they'd be better, I'd consider looking into them. Would be nice to play the games I play at home on a laptop if I'm at my dad's house or sleeping over a friend's house or something, but I honestly don't know too too much about what brands would be best for gaming laptops. What do you guys know ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Laptops are fine but be aware of cooling issues, no matter how expensive your laptop is.. they all have the heating problem in the end.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    i personally prefer laptop over desktop cause of its formfactor and mobility, but if youre aiming for sheer performance and bang for your buck, desktop is the way to go.

if you want some pros for laptops, heres some:

- laptops are a all-in-one package, unless youre not satisfied with some parts, you dont need any peripherals such as webcam and microphone. you dont need to worry about which monitor or keyboard to get etc.

- laptops are neater, there's no need for any cables unless youre charging, which is only 1 cable. in comparison to a desktop, which needs a powercable, cable for your monitor, speakers, possibly mouse/keyboard (which can also be wireless so its not a determining factor) and optionally a webcam.

- laptops are mobile, but dont limit this mobility just going on a trip or something. you can also be mobile in your own home, youre not stuck in one room as you are with a desktop. you can go from room to room, sit in your garden on a nice day, sit in the livingroom with your family so youre not considered an outcast stuck in his room etc. also, taking a shit with your laptop with you is pure bliss.

7. The following user said thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

Eddie (07-26-2014)

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    PC Pro: Better hardware, better game-running.

PC Con: Isn't mobile.

Laptop Pro: Is mobile.

Laptop Con: Not as powerful as a PC.

Good enough.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    PC Pro: Better hardware, better game-running.

PC Con: Isn't mobile.

Laptop Pro: Is mobile.

Laptop Con: Not as powerful as a PC.

Good enough.
    Laptop con: $$$$$

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Try playing planetside 2 on a laptop...

Also, desktop simply because you can get a good screen, keyboard, mouse and the such. Laptop you have to make it a pain in the ass if you want to take everything, and might as well carry your whole desktop.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

GhostFace's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    For me Laptop is better than pc !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information