Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM

I propose there be tags for ping limitation based on the roommaster during room creation's ping, I'm pretty sure every other server has this already except this one.

"Why would you want this if there's antilead?" For gladiator, antilead doesn't help. Antilead ruins gladiator, as gladiator needs some lead just for the way the gameplay is in general. Without it, recoils become 100% luck, and angles become unblockable; not to mention, things like massives because a 50:50 gamble purely. I'm pretty sure antilead is disabled for swordplay anyway, no? That could be another server I'm thinking of l0l.

"but you can just kick them!" so they can come back on another character to spite everybody, because let's face it, people get upset when they're kicked from rooms. Not to mention, if you make a room with two 200 ping players in it, they won't kick each other for just having high ping; on top of the fact that you only get one kick.

"But that'd limit too many people!" no, the way I propose it is: [P ###], where # would be how much ping the person can be. If they are 120 to the first roommaster, they get kicked/can't join. So you can pick-and-choose what demographic gets in (I'm not sure if that's the same way for other servers as I didn't play much of them, though I'm pretty sure most just work by ping to server)

"Just name your room NA only!" http://imgur.com/a/bJxIq

The population is largely foreign, sure, but there are also a lot of NA/EU who only want to play with NA/EU. When you put "NA/EU" in your title, that pretty much translates to "BR/SG" because that's all that join, either out of ignorance or being le epik trollerz XDDD. There's really no reason NOT to do this, as I'm pretty sure the NA/EUW players to others ratio is relatively in the favor of the latter, and it's not like they'll quit the game because of it as there are some that won't care still.

Most players I've spoken to said they'd like it or not care, as there's no real drawbacks to doing something like this. I mean, even most other P2P/ping-reliant games have similar systems implemented. Halo CE, Halo 2 PC, CS 1.6-GO, Quake Live (ability to with premium), Dota 2 has server ping limitations, CoD 4 Promode, Urban Terror, etc.

TL;DR

There needs to be some sort of fix for, at least, competitive gladiator in terms of ping. Antilead was the fix for gunning, it doesn't work for gladiator as it needs to have at least SOME lag for sword mechanics to work properly. Just like antilead, this solution is OPTIONAL, it is also very flexible. It doesn't exclude any NATIONS, but high ping in general (including NA players with high ping) It has virtually no downside and is more practical than any other solutions proposed.
    Last edited by Jianyu; 09-01-2014 at 06:38 AM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Jianyu for this useful post:

Ao (09-01-2014), xfailure (09-01-2014)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Ping limit? That sounds pingcist. . The last paragraph yes, how will this benefit everyone?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Ping limit? That sounds pingcist. . The last paragraph yes, how will this benefit everyone?
    Because everybody will fully have the ability to play with their own locale? how would it negatively effect anybody? You should be able to play with people in your own ping-area on a game that relies so heavily on it.

Before anybody says "w-w-w-w-well the server is hosted in--" it's hosted in Virginia, so it's an NA server. Albeit not marketed as one.
    Last edited by Jianyu; 09-01-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Striker's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I don't like this.
    it's free for all but if you want to play with lower pings you can make room with password if it NA put in the room name NA only PW:NA and if EU room name EU only PW:EU if someone joined with high ping you can kick him.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I don't like this.
    it's free for all but if you want to play with lower pings you can make room with password if it NA put in the room name NA only PW:NA and if EU room name EU only PW:EU if someone joined with high ping you can kick him.
    What stops high ping players from typing in two letters? If you only have one person besides yourself, you can't kick. If you have two high ping players, you can't kick that person If you have two NA and two BR, you can't kick. It's just like the old singapore rooms from ijji with the pass of yiyier, and NA's would join it just to make the singapores upset. Not to mention, you only get one kick per room (currently supplemented by having 10 round rooms)

Passworded rooms do nothing, this literally has no downside. It's every other alternative but in a way that solidifies the region-lock, which despite being a "free" game, it's also a "Free" game that relies VERY heavily on ping, being P2P.

It's not a mandatory server-wide region-lock like KGunZ, it's just if somebody wants to play with people in their own region/area they can.
    Last edited by Jianyu; 09-01-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Country
    Thanks

we should have something like dis '-'
    Game room and ping review.
    Last edited by Striker; 09-01-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/mhmPYqp.jpg
    we should have something like dis '-'
    I have no idea what's goin on in that picture explain

Country
    Thanks

got it?

Thanks
    that's it? we can already visualize the pings in game, when I start a room for example I just put it in and start.

Country
    Thanks
    here before starting a game
    if someone with terrible ping u can permanent kick him

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information