Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    here before starting a game
    if someone with terrible ping u can permanent kick him
    So, you're talking about perm. kick from gameroom? What about going to gameroom and perm. kicking someone? that's an even better idea imo.

i.e. high-ping player is in game, you leave gameroom and can kick him. Only problem is, that can be abused pretty heavily.

Striker's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jianyu View Post
    So, you're talking about perm. kick from gameroom? What about going to gameroom and perm. kicking someone? that's an even better idea imo.

i.e. high-ping player is in game, you leave gameroom and can kick him. Only problem is, that can be abused pretty heavily.
    Yes. ppl abusing it in team training rooms and infected rooms -.-
    not about perm kicking if you are the one who created the room you can check everyone ping before starting it
    you can use late join off so they cant use another characters and join again and again.
    Last edited by Striker; 09-01-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks
    Yes. ppl abusing it in team training rooms and infected rooms -.-
    not about perm kicking if you are the one who created the room you can check everyone ping before starting it
    you can use late join off so they cant use another characters and join again and again.
    But then if people leave, the slots can't be refilled unless the game ends or you remake the room, then you'd have 10 rooms just locked, in which case you might as well just use a password. Also, what if just one person joins? You're going to make them wait for more people instead of just starting and waiting for more people to join?

S4 it works because the games there are shorter, are more like a Call of Duty game where the rounds are short. GunZ games, most rooms are set to 500 rounds/wins and only end when everybody leaves the room.

Honestly ping limitation is a much more simple option, that's been used on other servers and other games. Most of Europe wouldn't be affected, as most ppl think up to 110 ping is tolerable and that stretches even to near turkey (for eastern/mid USA anyway.) It's mostly BR, Singapore/Philippines, Australia and Vietnam. Not to mention, not everybody cares about ping that much, so it wouldn't get used for EVERY room.

Country
    Thanks
    you can remake and wait for ppl to join

Thanks
    you can remake and wait for ppl to join
    That's so unnecessary though when you can just create a ping limitation tag that'll do the same exact job with a lot less effort and a lot more reliability.

Country
    Thanks
    what about if someone want to join the room and from the following countries BR, Singapore/Philippines, Australia and Vietnam and there is no place for him
    Last edited by Striker; 09-01-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks
    Well, their pings are usually high to NA players. So if an NA player creates a room with a limiting tag of 110, they can't join. If they create a room with the tag of ping limitation of 110, NA's can't join. It's not region-specific, it was just off the top of my head who'll be affected. NA's with shit pings are common too and just as much of a nuisance.
    Last edited by Jianyu; 09-01-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jianyu View Post
    Well, their pings are usually high to NA players. So if an NA player creates a room with a limiting tag of 110, they can't join. If they create a tag with ping limitation of 110, NA's can't join. It's not region-specific, it was just off the top of my head who's be affected. NA's with shit pings are common too and just as much of a nuisance.
    there is a small amount of ppl joining glad room from BR, Singapore/Philippines, Australia and Vietnam
    what if someone want to join and there is no rooms for him just NA/EU Rooms cuz most gladiators are from EU/NA if they limitation of 110 then he can't join any glad rooms

Thanks
    there is a small amount of ppl joining glad room from BR, Singapore/Philippines, Australia and Vietnam
    what if someone want to join and there is no rooms for him just NA Rooms cuz most gladiators are from EU/NA if they limitation of 110 then he can't join any glad rooms
    There's really not a small amount of people, it's a very large amount of people or I wouldn't make this thread and suggest it in the first place. It's not about location either, like I said there's a lot of western EU/Na players with very high pings as well, whom are honestly worse than foreigners (this isn't xenophobic or anything)

Then he can make a glad room without ping limitation. Like I said, not everybody will care, not every NA will make a room with the tag in it. I mean even in my glad rooms I make, the people with high ping will call ME the lagger of all people; so they probably feel relatively the same way about NA players (although, most of them gun admittedly)

Even me personally, I don't always care if they're high ping (unless they play like ******s and abuse it to hell) just when I DO care, when I do want to play competitively, you can't play competitively vs. high-ping players in gladiator. You always end up back pedalling waiting for them to walk into the slash because you can't recoil them, and you can't properly angle them (as it must register on their client as well)
    Last edited by Jianyu; 09-01-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks
    Added a tl;dr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information