Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hiko's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Not really too much to go on here, did you do a Clean install of 10 or upgrade?
    If you upgraded, I would probably do a clean install if possible, seems more like an OS issue.
    Then again, I could be completely wrong, but thats what it seems like.

Weird and random things can happen if your temp folders are full too, so I would probably empty those.
    Just bring up the run box (Windows + R) and type in temp and delete everything you can in that folder, then do it again but %temp% and delete everything in that folder.
    Restart, and see what happens then. Kinda out there, but weirder things can happen.

Other than that, I would use an uninstaller (I like Iobits Advanced SystemCares uninstaller).
    Uninstall it with that, then it should pop up with the registry items you can delete, and shred those as well. (will be an option in it)
    Then try reinstalling.
    Last edited by Hiko; 10-07-2015 at 08:15 PM.

God

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hiko View Post
    Not really too much to go on here, did you do a Clean install of 10 or upgrade?
    If you upgraded, I would probably do a clean install if possible, seems more like an OS issue.
    Then again, I could be completely wrong, but thats what it seems like.

Weird and random things can happen if your temp folders are full too, so I would probably empty those.
    Just bring up the run box (Windows + R) and type in temp and delete everything you can in that folder, then do it again but %temp% and delete everything in that folder.
    Restart, and see what happens then. Kinda out there, but weirder things can happen.

Other than that, I would use an uninstaller (I like Iobits Advanced SystemCares uninstaller).
    Uninstall it with that, then it should pop up with the registry items you can delete, and shred those as well. (will be an option in it)
    Then try reinstalling.
    A clean install including a partition wipe and installing W10 from the scratch will get your license deactivated. not the first thing you would want to do I suppose, why would you even suggest a clean install.

Thanks
    Sadly I cannot downgrade back to windows 7 as its been over a month since I upgraded. The thing is, I haven't had any problems with any other programs since the upgrade and it is just FGunZ thats causing me issues, the other servers work fine but I would rather play FGunZ than the others.

I tried cleaning my temp folders, but of course this doesn't solve the problem. I will try the advanced uninstaller and let you know how that goes.

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    http://puu.sh/kCMgo/ed2df683db.rar << replace it with the one in your folder.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I'll also ask one of the developers to take a look at this thread. Not entirely sure what's causing this.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Country
    Thanks
    It's probably because of a debugger (Visual Studio?) you have running on your PC.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sex View Post
    A clean install including a partition wipe and installing W10 from the scratch will get your license deactivated. not the first thing you would want to do I suppose, why would you even suggest a clean install.
    Your license will not get deactivated, and I have no idea where you are getting your information from.
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/
    Also, I've read a couple places once you upgrade, you can do a "manual clean install" with the product key you had.
    What I had in mind when typing, was him reinstalling what he had, and when doing the upgrade choosing a clean install from there, because it will give the option.
    Last edited by Hiko; 10-08-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Your license will not get deactivated, and I have no idea where you are getting your information from.
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/
    Also, I've read a couple places once you upgrade, you can do a "manual clean install" with the product key you had.
    What I had in mind when typing, was him reinstalling what he had, and when doing the upgrade choosing a clean install from there, because it will give the option.
    Changing partitions around should be fine, but once you change your actual hardware around, your Windows 10 version will probably be deactivated.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Changing partitions around should be fine, but once you change your actual hardware around, your Windows 10 version will probably be deactivated.
    I don't see where he is changing hardware on the comp, and honestly don't see how that would do anything to the license.
    I have to disagree with that, but its whatever lol

If you are really concerned with it, I would ask microsoft themselves

Country
    Thanks
    I don't see where he is changing hardware on the comp, and honestly don't see how that would do anything to the license.
    I have to disagree with that, but its whatever lol

If you are really concerned with it, I would ask microsoft themselves
    I was referring to Sex's quote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information