Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    If u team up randomly there might be a chance that the ''bad'' players get kicked out very fast, which isn't really that fun for them either.
    I believe the same can be said for tournaments where the drafting is random or even circle of mines aswell, players are picked at random by the system (since you usually call them in order of the tab player list), and they may die on the first circle and end up kicked. Overall i think that players might find some enjoyment even if they lose on the first round (even if by spectating other players fighting) and eventually git gud to win more, or alternatively, make it so every player has 2 chances to lose before getting kicked, which can be tracked by slapping the losing player, making his score 0-1, and players with 0-2 get kicked. The only thing you have to make sure you do differently is not accidentally let both players die in whatever circumstance.

This could be fun, but I don't like the idea of the whole team winning a point. You cant check who helped the most either, since u dont actually kill your opponents. Could you state the ways to check the contribution you mentioned, please?
    you could;
    • after a team won best of 11, the losing team gets kicked (since latejoin is off), and the winning team now splits randomly into the team that now has 0 players, and another best of 11 (or best of [3, 5, 7, 9, 13...] depending on if it takes too long or too short to end) will commence, until you have enough players in 1 team to satisfy not wanting to send everyone a point (maybe 4-5 players in each team, maybe send more than 1 point to the winners, its all very flexible)
    • I'm not 100% on how godmode works yet, but if it does register damage in tab, you could add godmode and force players to wear specifically a rusty sword/rusty kodachi/rusty dagger and the top 5 players with most damage win. Players wont die to slashes, and damage can be tracked.
    • As stated in the first post, top 5 players with least amount of deaths can also be the winners, though that might encourage afking and avoiding fighting altogether (even though thats actually a valid strategy current in DFD), which is why i'm less of a fan of it, unless you can enforce players to not camp and fight.
    • Activating friendly fire from the start of the event: not only does it make it a bigger challenge to have 1 team win, because they might kill their own teammates too, but after the best of 11, starting the game again with either 1 round and 3 winners (last 3 alive, same as COM point distribution), or 5 rounds and 5 winners from the team that won which is essentially a combination of the original deathmatch idea and team deathmatch.
    • Activating friendly fire after the best of 11 ends: allows the teams to better co-operate and re-starting the game with friendly fire as stated in the previous bullet point.

• A combination of 2 or more points can also be used together, for example both allowing friendly fire from the start and also splitting the winning team randomly as stated in the first point.

Sounds like a good idea, but I think it's too hard for the regular player. Most people will fk up and land on the ground before the fight is over. Especially the GLAD version. Also, it might take a long time to finish the events, since every player will have to fight twice. I don't see it working myself, but I see my fellow ET's quite like the idea, so we might try it out.
    just want to add a small thing here -- there are other maps that can be used for this (superflip, when you spawn you go right and climb up the thing, head more right and you end up in this basically battle_arena mid area but alot bigger with more poles that players can climb on and a better chance to get up again if you fall alittle.
    Last edited by Bunny; 10-26-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Thread Information