Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    Ingame event for say two weeks.
    Capture the Flag only.
    Most flags taken wins (overall).
    Rooms with passwords do not count (prevent swapping)
    The reward could be a new item or set in the teams colour.

I leave it to the players to think with me on this idea, I just wrote down the basics.

Edit: See it as the good old ijji event where you could get soccer items from questing.
    EXAMPLE: http://www.gamingangels.com/2007/12/...nt-on-ijjicom/

And any irrelevant post will be removed (just a head up, keep it on the suggestion and give feedback).
    Last edited by StephanM; 10-29-2016 at 05:49 AM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Eran (10-29-2016), Perfect (10-29-2016)

#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    I don't like this, I would say it would be better to focus on different events as we have too many already. Thanks for your brilliant suggestion though.

Banned

Thanks
    I like the suggestion, but what items are we talking about? A few day donation items or let's say one week tourny item, what are your plans on that?

Illegit's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Please stop deleting posts that directly deal with your suggestion.

My criticism of your suggestion:
    There's no point in having a Capture the Flag event. FGunZ should focus on the competitive modes keeping it (barely) afloat: CW and Duel Tournament -- not Capture the Flag. Any events like this should be centered on those two modes only.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Illegit for this useful post:

ImComming4U (10-30-2016), Skull (10-29-2016)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    If this is going to be a 'forum' event then prizes should be event points for the winners possibly depending on x captures=event point but it needs to be tested in the first place approx. How many flags people might capture in 2 weeks.

You can make the first event with rewards other than event points such as new clothing to convince many to play and see how many times might they capture. Then divide the winner's number into reasonable event point number he could win from that, and so get your capture:event points ratio.
    Last edited by Bunny; 10-29-2016 at 01:33 PM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I like the suggestion, but what items are we talking about? A few day donation items or let's say one week tourny item, what are your plans on that?
    A brand new item or set.

Originally Posted by Illegit View Post
    Please stop deleting posts that directly deal with your suggestion.

My criticism of your suggestion:
    There's no point in having a Capture the Flag event. FGunZ should focus on the competitive modes keeping it (barely) afloat: CW and Duel Tournament -- not Capture the Flag. Any events like this should be centered on those two modes only.
    Irrelevant posts without any feedback are removed obv.
    And Capture the Flag was just an example, like I said I left the idea open so we player can come up with a final idea.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    If this is going to be a 'forum' event then prizes should be event points for the winners possibly depending on x captures=event point but it needs to be tested in the first place approx. How many flags people might capture in 2 weeks.

You can make the first event with rewards other than event points such as new clothing to convince many to play and see how many times might they capture. Then divide the winner's number into reasonable event point number he could win from that, and so get your capture:event points ratio.
    No forum event.

Extra info: Basically the idea comes from http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/World_event where players had to choose a side and work for it to make that side win.
    Here we have red vs blue basically .

Already got a reward (set) in mind that I once made based on red/blue side.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    No forum event.
    then how are you going to inform the players of the '2 week event'? it has to be announced somewhere for players to see it in and considering its an EVENT the forum is the only place where it could be posted, its a forum event. the only difference is that you actually develop something to keep track of captures and potentially providing better prizes than the regular event points which are sometimes provided in the first place

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    then how are you going to inform the players of the '2 week event'? it has to be announced somewhere for players to see it in and considering its an EVENT the forum is the only place where it could be posted, its a forum event. the only difference is that you actually develop something to keep track of captures and potentially providing better prizes than the regular event points which are sometimes provided in the first place
    Forum events are hosted on the forum, I hope you know that by now.
    It would be announced on the forum, not hosted.

Announcement + maybe a small banner/text in the lobby or log in screen where it would say the event is currently in progress.

Thread Information