Thanks
    Now that the client doesn't crash after character select after one of the mini updates, I'm having other issues.

-Game Capture just doesn't work in OBS. It used to. It just gives a black screen.
    -FPS with obs open after attempting to capture (game/monitor/window) is ~34-40 for me with a gtx 1070 + i7 3770k, previously could stream locked at 333 fps or 250 fps with no inconsistencies
    -Monitor capture "works" but you have ~30 fps still
    -If you stop capturing after starting the fps in-game is ~34-50 until you close OBS entirely.

No idea why. It doesn't appear to be CPU related. I changed core affinities to check and it's the same deal, but cpu usage while this is going on is ~8% to OBS and ~6% to gunz.

Could be related to the change with mouse cursor escaping the window? Or I don't know, honestly. I can stream modern games in monitor capture at 120fps+, and I've never had an issue streaming gunz before.
    Last edited by kekeface; 10-29-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Yin's Avatar the one and only

Country
    Thanks
    Make sure you run obs as admin

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    If you're using Game Capture, are you sure that you're using Borderless window client option enabled?
    If so, and yet your FPS drops drastically, have you tried streaming other games than FG's to see if you also drop FPS as well?
    I'm just trying to make sure that you don't have messed up OBS settings, sometimes they can harm your CPU usage a lot..

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    I just tested and it worked perfectly fine for me. Run the 64 bit obs as administrator and game capture based on the executable.

Country
    Thanks
    Help i cant load my fgunz

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by xrestrained View Post
    Help i cant load my fgunz
    dude i just told you download teamviewer LOL

im going to help you out

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Tested it as well. Worked fine both with Multi platform & with regular win obs.

It's your issue. Not our's.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by George View Post
    If you're using Game Capture, are you sure that you're using Borderless window client option enabled?
    If so, and yet your FPS drops drastically, have you tried streaming other games than FG's to see if you also drop FPS as well?
    I'm just trying to make sure that you don't have messed up OBS settings, sometimes they can harm your CPU usage a lot..
    Borderless doesn't work. The client just closes when I set it. If I force it in config.xml it opens up a bordered window with a black screen inside then that just closes too. It hasn't worked since it was implemented for me. I streamed fine in full screen in the past. I have the latest nvidia drivers and all of that.

As soon as I saw borderless windowed I tried it because I play every game in borderless windowed when it's available.

CPU usage isn't the issue. My OBS settings are fine. I've used them to stream overwatch, csgo, sc2 (cpu intensive game), dota, and more recently. I already went through the settings to make sure nothing silly was changed. Encoding is still h264, bitrates, output resolution, and frame rates are all reasonable.
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    Tested it as well. Worked fine both with Multi platform & with regular win obs.

It's your issue. Not our's.
    I can stream any other game fine, including other gunz servers with the same config.xml (tested this morning), and it worked with fgunz prior to the recent updates. Not really seeing how it's "my issue" when any number of things could be different between our systems. It's generally on the vendor to ensure necessary versions of libraries are included or at least alluded to in documentation/support.

If it's on my end it's due to a specific library/api call/whatever that the fg client uses and other games/gunz servers do not. I'd be hesitant to call that "on my end". But it is why I posted here, in case I could download/change something at best or make the issue more publicly known at worst.

--

I reinstalled the client and it fixes some of the stuff (freezing after logging in for 10+ seconds when it's usually instant, freezing while loading into games), but the OBS issue and borderless windowed not working are still there.
    Last edited by kekeface; 10-30-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Thread Information