#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

both
    Suggestion description:

I believe moderators/admins who mute/ban you or give you infractions should not handle your appeal. Clearly there mind is already set on the subject of you being banned/muted/infracted so them viewing your appeal will 100% of the time be an appeal decline.

Therefore I think it would be better to have another mod, admin handle an appeal.

thank you ma'ams

i will not crack ur jaws.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Skull for this useful post:

Illegit (11-01-2016), ImComming4U (11-01-2016), Kelly (11-01-2016), Seb (11-02-2016)

Illegit's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    This is a great suggestion; frankly, it is long overdue. If a moderator or a group of moderators hold a personal vendetta against an individual, then it is virtually impossible for that individual to have their appeal fairly considered (I believe players should at the very least expect their appeals to be considered without any bias).

Otherwise, it's just a kangaroo court.

Edit: Unless this is Nazi Germany. In which case, please disregard this suggestion.
    Last edited by Illegit; 11-01-2016 at 04:57 AM.

#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Illegit View Post
    This is a great suggestion; frankly, it is long overdue. If a moderator or a group of moderators hold a personal vendetta against an individual, then it is virtually impossible for that individual to have their appeal fairly considered (I believe players should at the very least expect their appeals to be considered without any bias).

You hit the spot! Thanks pal.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks

Edit: Unless this is Nazi Germany. In which case, please disregard this suggestion.
    You have to keep in mind that even the moderators are just humans that also can make mistakes.
    Though I agree on that we moderators should keep our personal issues with players away from punishments like infractions, bans or mutes.

In some cases the moderator that gave out the infraction, mute or ban is allowed (or must be allowed) to handle the appeal in cases where it is obviously justified and where the user keeps thinking that they were correct where in a case they were incorrect.

I do not think the suggestion will help at all but it could make it so we actually get a manager that stands between the staff and our players.

But I will leave it open for our lovely administrators Dave & McSic to give their final opinion on this suggestion.

#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    You have to keep in mind that even the moderators are just humans that also can make mistakes.
    Though I agree on that we moderators should keep our personal issues with players away from punishments like infractions, bans or mutes.

In some cases the moderator that gave out the infraction, mute or ban is allowed (or must be allowed) to handle the appeal in cases where it is obviously justified and where the user keeps thinking that they were correct where in a case they were incorrect.

I do not think the suggestion will help at all but it could make it so we actually get a manager that stands between the staff and our players.

But I will leave it open for our lovely administrators Dave & McSic to give their final opinion on this suggestion.
    no, my suggestion was better. thanks doe.

Illegit's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post

The suggestion is that the moderator who originally punished the player should not be the one judging their appeal. If you continue to make irrelevant posts, I will ask someone to delete them.

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Illegit for this useful post:

ImComming4U (11-01-2016), Skull (11-01-2016)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    The suggestion is that the moderator who originally punished the player should not be the one judging their appeal. If you continue to make irrelevant posts, I will ask someone to delete them.
    My post is actually relevant cause what I posted is how it goes now.
    Sometimes it is hard for an outside moderator (outside as in the one that is not there at that moment) to judge an appeal if they cannot get all the proof they need.

Just wanted to add my two cents into the suggestion, like I said I am not down vote the suggestion at all..

Banned

Thanks
    A perfect example of the staff is Linzor, not just that he likes handling my appeals/reports but he also hates me

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    unless the decision made by the staff member infracting muting or banning you was flawed with you having evidence, having other staff handle your appeal means nothing.

#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    unless the decision made by the staff member infracting muting or banning you was flawed with you having evidence, having other staff handle your appeal means nothing.
    Actually does. I'm everything in life you need to see it from multiple sides.

Thread Information