Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Hello Freestylers, I have some information to share with you on what I have had planned and been working towards for a while. Now that I am close to completing the final piece it's time to share.

This is something I've felt gunz has needed for a long time. New hit boxes. Currently the old ones are essentially just a couple giant cylinders and a circle(in laymans terms).
    I've redone the entire hit box system to work more like what you are used to seeing in other games like CS:GO and Call of Duty.

Here's a video showing the new ones.

You will also notice in the top right an ACC indicator. As well as characters dropping an ammo pack on death.

There are a lot of other features in our development build that I have implemented in anticipation of V8.

The ACC indicator tells you the percentage of pellets you have hit per life.

I also adjusted the weapon spawns so that when you die you regain your original weapon.

Regarding IA and R tags...

What I've discussed with McSic and Dave(McSic always shares ) is making it so that instead of IA giving you truly infinite ammo, it will enable the dropping of these ammo packs. The way these work specifically is when someone dies they will drop the remaining ammo from the weapon which they have the most clips left in.

The R tag I have less issues with however the plan for that, as I'm sure a lot of you may have noticed we implemented reload speed into the weapons, you can currently see it in the shop. That is meant to replace the R tag since we can make a gun that reloads in half a second now or we can make a rocket that reloads in 6 seconds as to where before we couldn't. ect ect.

Neither of those two are set in stone for V8, but that is the idea we like to entertain.

Now on to the balancing. I've added the ability for weapon types to have their spreads cool down at different rates than they build up at. This gives us better control to balance any automatic weapon. So recovery time will no longer be linked to the rate the spread increases. We can have rifles that become inaccurate slowly and recover quickly, something that wasn't really possible before.

Say hello to minimum damage and effective range. I made a poll on this quite some time ago. I've added a minimum damage stat to every gun and each weapon type will have an effective range. So the damage will scale based on the guns range, its minimum and maximum damage.

The guns are going to get a re-balance of their overall stats because of all these other changes. We've have taken into account the feedback from the community last year we received. I have shotguns and revolvers finished. These don't really take a lot of time to figure out. To go into a little detail there will be 3 different types of shotgun classifications (not counting hotshots). You will have to wait to see the stats on those since they may go through revisions depending on testing. One type will be somewhat similar to the classic breaker 8/9, the next will be similar to the avenger, but the third ill keep as a surprise for release and no its not like a hotshot.

As a side note with the new hit boxes it is possible for us to change the hp/ap or damage ratio based on where a player is hit and opens up some other weird possibilities(dynamic armor type systems), but I think that is much farther in the future if we ever decide to do that.

You're welcome to share your opinions (mostly because I know you all would share them regardless), but it's somewhat unlikely we will deviate from this overall plan.

Look forward to the update in the future and everything the team has been working on.

Edit: Added comparison screenshots from old to new.

Old Hit Boxes: (the red parts)

New Hit Boxes:
    Last edited by S1lent; 11-06-2016 at 07:58 PM.

2. The following 26 users say thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Azula (11-07-2016), Charm Hye (11-06-2016), Cid (11-09-2016), Daniel (11-07-2016), Fay (11-06-2016), Historia (11-07-2016), Hulk (11-06-2016), ijramist (11-06-2016), k1ng_musa (11-06-2016), KiritoOnline (11-13-2016), ManEnough (11-07-2016), McSic (11-07-2016), monkeyman (11-09-2016), Natto (11-07-2016), Nogamenolife (11-06-2016), Oink (11-07-2016), Ommadawn (11-09-2016), Rain (11-07-2016), Ricky (11-06-2016), SecretsOTheP (11-06-2016), StephanM (11-08-2016), Stuwadie (11-06-2016), TomasEdison (11-06-2016), venkysuresh (11-09-2016), Wonderboy (11-06-2016), «Benjamin» (11-07-2016)

Yin's Avatar the one and only

Country
    Thanks
    so pretty much you're taking away what makes gunz gunz...

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Yin for this useful post:

Azula (11-07-2016), Saiyan (11-06-2016)

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yin View Post
    No, they're taking away bad mechanics that have been present in every gunz server since the beginning of gunz private server history.

Say goodbye to shotgun/sniper fest.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yin View Post
    What makes GunZ GunZ?
    We're only (attempting to) making things better and more accurate.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

7. The following 4 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

BARBARR (11-06-2016), Saiyan (11-06-2016), Stuwadie (11-06-2016), Wonderboy (11-06-2016)

Real Girl

Thanks
    The hitbox changes remind me of what APB should've done to hitboxes (but instead dropped crouch height lol)

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2...new-stuff.html

Banned

Thanks
    Awesome! Nice work man.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Any chance of showing the solid form of the hitbox (where we can visually see it), I am just curious into what it actually has become from a cylinder aka cheap ass hitbox.

Country
    Thanks
    i dont think people will like the changes to hitbox, someone blocks, u can barely get any hits on the legs now, also, I think the changes to R and IA are pretty bad, it does look pretty good though, but I dont think it will work

Raphačl's Avatar abuser

Country
    Thanks
    Nice work Dustin

Credits to GeorgčGFX for this beautiful signature

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    another attempt to kill gunz even more

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information