Say hello to minimum damage and effective range. I made a poll on this quite some time ago. I've added a minimum damage stat to every gun and each weapon type will have an effective range. So the damage will scale based on the guns range, its minimum and maximum damage.

The guns are going to get a re-balance of their overall stats because of all these other changes. We've have taken into account the feedback from the community last year we received. I have shotguns and revolvers finished. These don't really take a lot of time to figure out. To go into a little detail there will be 3 different types of shotgun classifications (not counting hotshots). You will have to wait to see the stats on those since they may go through revisions depending on testing. One type will be somewhat similar to the classic breaker 8/9, the next will be similar to the avenger, but the third ill keep as a surprise for release and no its not like a hotshot.
I don't know how to feel about this you are kind of messing with the only guns that a large portion of old school players use, whom make up most of the gunz community that is left.

More accurate hit boxes however will be interesting to see in action, probably make the game a lot more reactive and fun. Just try not to neuter the shotguns and all the old gunz fans with them.