Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Hmmm, While I don't really have anything to add to any of these subjects as an American, it was still very cool to be able to perceive things that are going on, like the drama involving the next French election. What exactly could a candidate do to NOT have an approval rating of 10% right now. Are you saying it is the presidents policies that is causing such disfavor or does it really all boil down to terrorist attacks and events such as. If that's the case, you'd think that the most important topic for the next election would be their policy regarding terrorist attacks and like prevention of them as well. It's sad to me that people are mostly thinking of their protection and well being instead of focusing on which candidate is best for the economy or social issues.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    What exactly could a candidate do to NOT have an approval rating of 10% right now. Are you saying it is the presidents policies that is causing such disfavor or does it really all boil down to terrorist attacks and events such as. If that's the case, you'd think that the most important topic for the next election would be their policy regarding terrorist attacks and like prevention of them as well. It's sad to me that people are mostly thinking of their protection and well being instead of focusing on which candidate is best for the economy or social issues.
    There are many things going on Europe all at the same time such as dealing with Trump and his NATO plans, Brexit, Russia, Migrant Crisis, etc…

“What exactly could a candidate do to NOT have an approval rating of 10% right now.”

For François Hollande, I believe it is too late. In fact, the BBC released an article today where French MPs are seeking to impeach Hollande due to his ever so decreasing popularity rate.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37954629
    Now, I am not from France nor am I French, but from what I gathered it was his policies, broken promises, failed to fix France stagnant economy and the way the French Government not only reacted to the Charlie Hebdo incident, but failed to prevent another two from happening.

The recent terrorist attacks were done by ethnic minorities. This will of course increase the already heighten tension even more when it comes down to immigration. One of the main factors why the United Kingdom voted to leave the EU was because of immigration. People wanted to control our borders with Europe.

“It's sad to me that people are mostly thinking of their protection and well being instead of focusing on which candidate is best for the economy or social issues.”

Wouldn’t you want your Government to protect you from terrorist threats such as ISIS especially after opening your doors to 1 million + refugees? Europe experienced more than 10 if not more terrorist attacks in a span of 2 years already… I sometimes wonder if I’m going to get caught up in one some days when I'm out.

You can almost guarantee that within those 1 million refugee there could be hundreds if not thousands of ISIS fighters sent to Europe to carry out to plan terrorists plan. ISIS are now changing tactics because they know that are losing the battle. Instead they are now focusing on promoting lone terrorist attacks just like the one in Nice, France.

Germany recently uncovered that one of his ‘refugees’ was in fact a ISIS fighter he had bombing making equipment in his flat.

Just two weeks the Metropolitan Police here in the London discovered a failed lone terrorist plot on the tube (Subway). Some guy left his bag in the train with wires sticking out (What an Idiot. He wasn't a very smart ISIS agent.). Passengers grew suspicious and contacted the police which in turn discovered it was a bomb. Police arrested the guy a few days later, raided his home to once find he had bomb making equipment in his house.

Here's what the police here in the UK said about the threat of ISIS terrorist attacks.

Jihadis planning Paris-style gun attacks on British streets, police say
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ets-police-say
    Last edited by MrIndeed; 11-12-2016 at 04:26 AM.

3. The following user said thank you to MrIndeed for this useful post:

Cid (11-12-2016)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    It's sad to me that people are mostly thinking of their protection and well being instead of focusing on which candidate is best for the economy or social issues.
    The interesting thing about France was that back in 2005 it had to declare a state of emergency because police lost controls in areas with high ethnic minorities and immigrates population. Riots broke in all across France because immigrates had enough of being treated poorly by the Government.

Of course, we can't always blame the fault and issues on the immigrants. The Government must help immigrants integrate into society however the French are not very good at that judging from what I read on the news.

Here's one example.
    Pork or nothing: how school dinners are dividing France
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-intolerance

Thread Information