Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunz

Suggestion description: Various changes to the bounty shop to improve loadout choice and produce authentic vs private server feel.

This may be asking too much of a private server honestly, but I consider this the official NA gunz now and want to see it the best it can be. This is going to be a long post.

- - - - - - - -

Currently, even though this is the best private server, it says 'private server' very loud when you go to the shop.
    I would like to see harsher theme and balance across it, to bring back authentic game feel with improvements.

It is just my opinion. But there are a lot of trashy and ridiculous items in the shop. Exemplifies the saying, 'Just because you can, does not mean you should'.
    Item progression and choice has been too streamlined in my opinion.

2x Giant Sword - With void slash and higher damage, these completely trivialize 1x large swords. Which have more solid animation that carry the weight of the sword with it. Though they are a great novelty for something like Gun Game imo.
    2x Shotgun - Is one shotgun not enough? It creates a lot of redundancy with very poor animation. Save it for Gun Game imo.
    Hotshot - Could be a lot more interesting without so much emphasis on the speed gimmick.
    2x Riffle - What role do these fill?
    Ownage (2x LMG) - Again something that is really cool for style in Gun Game, but looks (and plays) dumb otherwise.
    2x Rocket Launcher - Oh...
    Insta Sword - Why not stick to just the training version? They are gaudy and make peddling even more annoying to deal with. Though a damage version is again excellent for Gun Game.

The sprayers break the tri-spray theme of LMG (sustained) -> Submachine (spam) -> Riffle (accurate).

Another thing is progression is very linear, stats and damage all scale in a formulated way compared to 2 shot shotguns with longer reloads and slower fire rates, fast and low recoil riffles, etc.

It feels like all the flavor from the original items has been removed. Not that I am much of a lore guy, but it was a lot better than 'Shotgun - A Shotgun'.

All in one rings trivialize weight balance of weapons and defeat the purpose of having all equipment with the same stats and weight. This is essentially the only way to differentiate your tankiness / utility and the balance is not tight enough on it imo. Completely separate weight from tank rings. Use some of those premium ring images for the shop?

Taking on the bosses has become a no stress event because quest items have lost all value.
    Lose? Well not really because you are back in a minute.
    This detracts from authentic game feel. Especially if a new player discovers Gunz.

Now I know we are dealing with a bunch of [IA][IR] Dojo players, but consider how many players stick around just for questing and form questing clans.
    The progression has been trivialized by no effort access. I am sure some of them even if they will not admit it, would prefer for bosses to be somewhat stressful (valuable).
    I miss the incentive of farming high level pages as well.

If possible for bosses to drop 2 items, they could have a 25-100% drop of one their rarer ingredients? This would allow good questers to keep questing, but still require a little farming.

Weight to Capacity ratio is off on many items.
    i.e. Magazine Pouches: weighs 3 if you have 4 or 7.

This ties back into rings and weight, and making loadout selection interesting with variety within the weapons, instead of gimmicky ones tacked on.

Can we fix the dumb weight:capacity ratio of the ijji grenades too? Holy cow they are bad, could use a buff in general IMO.

Weightamage ratio.

Adding back in the flavor text and the different art for each tier they had too?

I will also throw in that someone suggested that these be banned with [glad] roomtag.

Well I know this was a lot of complaining to read. I hope it came across as a suggestion.

I know I am coming out of nowhere on the forums, but I would be ecstatic to help with this. Especially weight logistics.
    Last edited by Searcher; 01-03-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    There is a soon to come completely different gamestyle and weapons in v8 (insert s1lent's blog link here), so even if these make a good point, there are already things taken into consideration and you should adjust your complaints/suggestions after the update comes out

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    New system inc. so a lot of stats will change, so balancing anything now in the current state seems a bit pointless if you want all these changes.
    Safe to say that the new system would be more balanced from what I have heard.

4. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Searcher (01-04-2017)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    We are already working on pretty much doing what your first 3 paragraphs said in the V8 test client.

I'll expand on this a little bit. I do agree there are some weapons that are added that, really there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason to have and other ones that kind of break the game and require you to use a tag to avoid it. But with all the extra parts being added in to the weapons plus the hitboxes changing its basically an entire makeover of the weapon system and balancing. There's 1 item in particular that's going to cause an issue that i'm going to have to figure out with Dave and McSic as far as weight goes.
    Last edited by S1lent; 01-04-2017 at 01:02 AM.

6. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Searcher (01-04-2017)

Thread Information