Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    FGunz

Heavy sword that does many times more damage in quest mode.

Swording down quest bosses has always been pretty fun, but it takes forever. Like chopping down a tree with a butter knife.

How about a questing sword that is very heavy (70-90 weight), but has massive (quest) damage. Basically so heavy that you have to commit heavily by sacrificing armor and guns. As far as damage I am not really sure. An LMG does around 200-500 damage per second, while a sword can get 30-120 with a lot of effort. Could be a large sword with a big movement and attack speed penalty. Making dodging more difficult and justifying an absurd damage.

I think it would make for a unique quest reward that allows a different approach to questing.
    Last edited by Searcher; 01-05-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    We have a very sophisticated program called lawnmower for that

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Mike for this useful post:

la flame (01-06-2017), Strain (01-06-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    there are the weight rings to mess things up here, but in any case if this sword would be the only thing allowed on (perhaps, 200 weight, so theres also the low hp) with like 100 dmg would be nice. but make it so its only equippable in quest

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    There is already a system that allows you to get a weapon that does more pve damage than pvp damage. You just need to kill the right quest bosses to get a melee item to drop.

Zeino's Avatar (◡‿◡✿)

Country
    Thanks
    To get melee weapons with PVE, you have to play School Quest, Zombie Queen/King.

Epic Lvl.15 Shura/Jedi Lightsaber has 43 PVE so you have go for Legendary ones to have 50+ PVE.
    Last edited by Zeino; 01-05-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    To get melee weapons with PVE, you have to play School Quest, Zombie Queen/King.

Epic Lvl.15 Shura/Jedi Lightsaber has 43 PVE so you have go for Legendary ones to have 50+ PVE.
    well its still kinda bad i would say in order to actually get an advantage from this in quest
    perhaps buff everything by like 20 damage

Zeino's Avatar (◡‿◡✿)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    well its still kinda bad i would say in order to actually get an advantage from this in quest
    perhaps buff everything by like 20 damage
    Even the best mg Ownage v11 has 68 PVE at highest so... idk.

Oh btw I forgot about Act. 4 (challenge quest) which gives melee (+ MG) PVE, too. Maybe it's given in other acts too but I forgot.

Country
    Thanks
    Lawnmower xD

I have not seen those bunny, the point is that even 50 damage is not that much versus bosses massive HP.

The point of this Quest Reward sword would be to specialize your main approach to quest, the sword. Instead of a sprayer.

Even if Ownage does 68, that is 68 * 10 per second. 680 damage per second if all hit. A sword can do around 4-6 slashes per second with a lot of effort. If we assume we have that very rare 50 damage sword then 50*5 = 250 per second. Still not that much when you are dealing with bosses. Not sure of their exact health pools but I would guess Fake Goblin King (one of the easier bosses) has around 8-12k . Lets say 10k. So that is still 200 hits.

An example of some rough stats.

Large Sword
    120 damage
    750 delay
    75 weight
    -10% movement speed
    -No wall running

Since it is a large sword, you will not be able to spam hits quickly. This weight ratio will still allow the user to equip one small gun with full armor with weight rings.

Donator

Thanks
    yes i am master quester and i want to challenge big boos with sword good idea implement

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    Even the best mg Ownage v11 has 68 PVE at highest so... idk.

Oh btw I forgot about Act. 4 (challenge quest) which gives melee (+ MG) PVE, too. Maybe it's given in other acts too but I forgot.
    point is, that the best mg ownage, does 68 dmg, per hit, and it does what, 4-5 hits per second? still kinda op compared to the swords

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information