Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

FORUM

Suggestion description:

Hi All,

I'd like to suggest to add a "Guides" section to our forums so newer players can find some reference materials to practice with or learn. Also gives a chance for some of the elder generation to pass on their wisdom, experience, and/or LEGACY?

Some examples of the possible guides to make would be:

Keyboard/Mouse Setup
    Movement Guides
    Gladiator Guides
    The numerous K-Style combination and practice techniques

Hopefully this can create some sort of learning environment to help players get better, and possibly attract newer players.

2. The following user said thank you to d0rito for this useful post:

ManEnough (01-10-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    All you need is boris

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    No, that would involve altering in game code to allow a feature like that. I propose a new forum section where players can upload guides. (Written or Youtube)

Also they do not specifically need to be about certain move sets, as I proposed above, you can also write guides about peripherals, keyboard, and mouse set ups.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by d0rito View Post
    No, that would involve altering in game code to allow a feature like that. I propose a new forum section where players can upload guides. (Written or Youtube)

Also they do not specifically need to be about certain move sets, as I proposed above, you can also write guides about peripherals, keyboard, and mouse set ups.
    maybe a thing on the fgunz website (which was suggested there), but not on this one as not every fgunz player has a forum account.
    we could have competitions on a forum section in this forum where the best one would be displayed in the fgunz page but its pretty much something u can add to the suggestion i linked above

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    There's lots of youtube videos out there already. I do understand what you are saying though, I've seen that sort of thing on other game forums before. Basically you have something like a Gunz Guides post that's stickied in the help section which then references all the possible guides for gameplay, mouse & keyboard setup ect. In this case sounds like youd want a section created just for making guides.

8. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

d0rito (01-06-2017)

#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    Pretty sure we won't get NEW players that have never played ijji. The ones who just suck and want to learn can use youtube.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    There's lots of youtube videos out there already. I do understand what you are saying though, I've seen that sort of thing on other game forums before. Basically you have something like a Gunz Guides post that's stickied in the help section which then references all the possible guides for gameplay, mouse & keyboard setup ect. In this case sounds like youd want a section created just for making guides.
    EXACTLY, its almost like you read my mind

Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Pretty sure we won't get NEW players that have never played ijji. The ones who just suck and want to learn can use youtube.
    Yes, but the ones that suck may not know why they suck and they may also suck at searching guides on youtube and they may actually be hopeless suckers, which we can turn into hopeful suckers.
    Last edited by d0rito; 01-06-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    I disagree that we cannot get new players. The server just has to be treated like an official. Right now it looks and plays like a private server. (Tacky UI, UI text clipping, Poorly modeled items, Poorly colored items, Boring upgrade progression). This is still the best server by far, but that does not mean there is no room for improvement.

Once that is done we can go for greenlight on steam haha.

I was thinking about making some gladiator youtube guides that get into the actual mechanics of the game rather than simple, " 'jump dash slash block', dis butterfly" stuff that is mostly on youtube now. Even the ones that offer some of the more obscure knowledge are lacking explanation and poor quality.
    Last edited by Searcher; 01-07-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Hangman's Avatar SuperDash™

Country
    Thanks
    Go youtube.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information