Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    ~~DENZIENS OF FGUNZ PLEASE READ AND PROCESS THIS POST AND THE REPLIES BEFORE COMMENTING!! PLEASE DON'T JUST READ THE TITLE!!~~

I've addressed many "issues" below in the replies. IF YOU NEED ANY CLARIFICATION FOR ANYTHING, PLEASE ASK ME!!! Sorry for the annoying formatting ahead of time, I feel it's important to make my main points very clear!!

Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description: Simply force all melee weps in rooms with [glad] tag, or alternatively and preferably, a new seperate roomtag (i.e. [1DO] = lvl 1 Dmg Only or [RDO] = rusty dmg only) to be 15 dmg or whatever the rusty equivalent is, doesn't really matter to me if daggers do 15. I don't see why this wasn't done in the first place since all of deviok's other arbitrary rules were put in (i.e. no flip) and for those of whom don't know, one of the lil rules is "Use a rusty sword". Everyone I've talked to likes the idea since no one likes getting 4 hit killed because massives do about a billion dmg with lvl 75+ swords, let alone VIP sword dmg and stuff...

I'm sure it's possible, and it'd make the game a lot more enjoyable rather than having to play completely differently cause some (probably 150 ping) lvl 90 moron with his "lvl 3,000 Mecha-giga Demon Slaying Super Hammer" is just spamming massives hoping to get lucky.

The whole point of the [glad] tag is to accommodate the arbitrary rules that competitive glad ppl follow. One of those is rusties only. There's a [dmg2] [dmg3] mod, [sgo] [sro] (shotguns only/revolvers only/some other one too) or whatever. Why can't we have the same sort of idea for gladiator?...

It's a change that WILL get older players playing again, at least from a gladiator sense. It was never a huge community, but the main reason (outside of growing up and being busy) that people quit was because of piss sword abusers and high ping ppl after Aeria went down. Solving one of those two issues would be great. Atm most glads when they wanna be competitive just make 5-6 man private rooms lol. It's suffocating what's left of the community.

Or maybe it could be a different tag like [v] so people could make their rooms with piss sword if they wanted? Similar to [sgo] or [dmg2]

Edit: JUST TO REITERATE!! NO GLADIATOR IS BUYING DONOR SWORDS BECAUSE OF THEIR DMG!! MOST GLADS DONT WANT A 32 DMG WEAPON!! They (me) would buy them for looks if they could have 15 dmg!! GUNNERS (AKA 90% OF THE COMMUNITY) WILL STILL BUY DONOR SWORD AND USE IT IN GUNNING GAMES/GAMES WITHOUT THE TAG!!! Also, people could just make rooms without the rusty damage tag if they wanted to piss sword. Thanks for reading!! (if you did)
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-16-2017 at 08:20 PM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Jianyu for this useful post:

ManEnough (01-18-2017), ohkage (01-16-2017)

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Personally I think the current dmg is fine. Makes it challenging for rusty users and I love challenges.

Regards

Adriana Jones.

Or's Avatar L m a o

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think this is going to happen because then what's the point for gladers to buy donator sword if it will do 15 dmg as any other sword...

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Or View Post
    I don't think this is going to happen because then what's the point for gladers to buy donator sword if it will do 15 dmg as any other sword...
    What a cop-out. No one who honestly plays glad is gonna use a donor sword; let alone buy it unless they wanna get yelled at by everyone lol. Even then, they can choose to buy it to support the server or because it looks cool. In fact, this mod opens up more weapon design choices in a competitive sense since they wouldn't strictly be forced (assuming they want to be competitive in whats left in the community) to use rusty. Only difference would be sword delay which is negligible in 2017.

The people who tend to use it in glad are gunners or people just dropping into glad servers. They still use donor sword in their gunning games, and they could still use it in my proposed modification. It just won't 4 shot ppl.

In other words people aren't, haven't and will never buy donor sword to be competitive in glad. If (a big IF) they are buying it for glad it's to make ppl mad (i.e. BForever/Clanleader)

Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Personally I think the current dmg is fine. Makes it challenging for rusty users and I love challenges.

Regards

Adriana Jones.
    I wouldn't personally say it's more of a challenge; I could see it, but people have generally (unanimously) disliked psword/shura users for... ever, because it's honestly just annoying. The people who tend to use these swords aren't glads, and if they are glads they use it to compensate for the fact that they suck or to piss ppl off. The whole psword thing revolves around tipslash+massives, hence why 95% of piss sword fights devolve into massive spamming and pedaling (talk about a fun challenge especially if they have 150+ ping or 1k+ fps ) There's a reason why dual swords had no block and high end katanas are very nearly hitting dual-sword status.

Especially in modes like team glad where you beat one person, are maybe half hp then fight again, it's no fun to just get 1-2 shot because you lost the first 50/50 massive, which IS, yes, a dice roll in the most perfect of circumstances (even considering possibly missing your evade)

Maybe it could be a different tag like [v] is so people still have the choice to use piss swords if they wanted?
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-16-2017 at 09:16 AM.

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    i think there was a suggestion smiliar to this before it got declined.
    i doubt they gonna accept that.
    its ur own choice to use Rusty Sword.

sucked georges cock for it

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SkyWodka View Post
    i think there was a suggestion smiliar to this before it got declined.
    i doubt they gonna accept that.
    its ur own choice to use Rusty Sword.
    It's ones own choice to flip (yet [f] is implimented into [glad],) it's one own choice to use lightning ele (yet [ni] is implimented into [glad],) it's ones own choice to armor/hp tank (yet [v] is used in every glad room,) shoot I mean the whole [ng] thing counters that argument since it's ones own choice to use guns! It'd be ones own choice to enter a rusty-only room!! like I said, it can be an optional roomtag like [v].

Really not trying to be mean but is there a real counter-argument lol? It seems like people are just trying to bring this down for the sake of bringing it down without either having actual experience or actual points to make. Which is fine as it allows me to clarify my position but I don't see this as remotely controversial lol. It's a change (along with my ping limitation idea that'll never happen) that WILL get old gladiators playing again.

The whole point of the [glad] tag is to accommodate the arbitrary rules that competitive glad ppl follow. One of those is rusties only. There's a [dmg2] [dmg3] mod, [sgo] [sro] (shotguns only/revolvers only/some other one too) or whatever, so I don't really honestly see how this is something that isn't able to be done lol, especially from the stance of "it's your choice to use something".

^^^ gonna post that to my OP
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-16-2017 at 07:41 PM.

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jianyu View Post
    It's ones own choice to flip (yet [f] is implimented into [glad],) it's one own choice to use lightning ele (yet [ni] is implimented into [glad],) it's ones own choice to armor/hp tank (yet [v] is used in every glad room,) shoot I mean the whole [ng] thing counters that argument since it's ones own choice to use guns! It'd be ones own choice to enter a rusty-only room!! like I said, it can be an optional roomtag like [v].

Really not trying to be mean but is there a real counter-argument lol? It seems like people are just trying to bring this down for the sake of bringing it down without either having actual experience or actual points to make. Which is fine as it allows me to clarify my position but I don't see this as remotely controversial lol. It's a change (along with my ping limitation idea that'll never happen) that WILL get old gladiators playing again.

The whole point of the [glad] tag is to accommodate the arbitrary rules that competitive glad ppl follow. One of those is rusties only. There's a [dmg2] [dmg3] mod, [sgo] [sro] (shotguns only/revolvers only/some other one too) or whatever, so I don't really honestly see how this is something that isn't able to be done lol, especially from the stance of "it's your choice to use something".

^^^ gonna post that to my OP
    If there is a room tag like this then every glad room would have this tag. Then there wouldnt be a point on buying/using donator Sword.

sucked georges cock for it

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SkyWodka View Post
    If there is a room tag like this then every glad room would have this tag. Then there wouldnt be a point on buying/using donator Sword.
    That is definitely not true. A good portion of the glad rooms atm don't even use the [glad] tag, because gunners make them sometimes to have fun and do something different. Why would they choose to not use their donor sword? Gunners don't care about arbitrary glad rooms. There's even some glads (lightdark, bforever) who use piss tank ele flips to make up for how noob they are (and to piss people off)

Sure, in a competitive room they're gonna use the rusty tag. But atm they're already using rusty. No competitive glad that I know of has bought donor sword, and if they did they don't use them in the first place. At least with the [Rusty-Dmg Only] tag (setting melee dmg to 15, as opposed to apart of [glad] tag) they could put on whatever sword compliments their outfit, **so they'd have an actual reason to put on donor sword in the first place if they wanted to LOL.** This, if anything, generates more buys of donor weapons as competitive glads could use them without being piss-sword abusers. Personally, it's the main reason why I haven't donated for one either; that reason again being, as is, I'd never even use the thing since I don't abuse piss swords.

Even if this was the case, there's tons of other stuff to donate for; I assure you, the FIRST thing the glads who donated got was the VIP thing. I've seen no "actual glads" running around with donor sword in my entire years of playing here lol.

I really implore you to read my OP and the replies before you, as I've already addressed that THREE times now.

Again not really seeing any downsides to having an optional tag that limits sword damage and lets you keep your current sword model...

p.s. sorry for the annoying formatting but after some of these replies I really feel like I need to make sure my main points are seen very clearly lol.
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-16-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Good idea! Very smart words! 100% support from here.

11. The following user said thank you to Alexstrasza for this useful post:

SuperKekku (01-18-2017)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    im like one of the top sword hero and I disagree because with donor or high level sword I will always win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information