Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ohkage's Avatar The Shadow Lord

Country
    Thanks
    Part of the honor of bowing and being a glad is the unsaid but mutually agreed rule that you're not going to use any unfair or cheesy means of getting a win. I think this idea solidifies that rule. It is not like donor weapons will completely disappear. If you were to make a team glad room without the [GLAD] tag, both flipping and donor weapons would still be allowed and that's not considering just making a completely new tag altogether. I think the [GLAD] tag as it is now makes a nod towards the fact that flipping is not the "glad way" but neither are donor weapons that do 28 damage and massive for most of the opponent's health. This extra step is, in my opinion, a step in the right direction. Honor has ALWAYS been a central part of glad skill and that should not be forgotten. I know I've reiterated a lot of what was already said but this is simply my raw, honest view on the topic. (Same deal with elements btw)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I can tell you that once the glad tag is altered to force a certain type of weapon (rusty) the donor swords would become useless as everyone's glad rooms would have it, considering you can't choose between what you want to include in your [glad] tag, and 99% of people can agree on no flips, but for damage, the story is different. they make an even lower difference in gun games which means the only place theyd be used is in gladiator rooms without [glad] (aka stairway), which is almost never.

Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I can tell you that once the glad tag is altered to force a certain type of weapon (rusty) the donor swords would become useless as everyone's glad rooms would have it, considering you can't choose between what you want to include in your [glad] tag, and 99% of people can agree on no flips, but for damage, the story is different. they make an even lower difference in gun games which means the only place theyd be used is in gladiator rooms without [glad] (aka stairway), which is almost never.
    Sigh, look I'm really not trying to be mean but it's painfully obvious you didn't read the main post, let alone the replies. I mean even in the first line I say I'd rather prefer an optional tag and for it not to be included in the [glad] tag. I then go on and say how no competitive glads use donor swords in the first place, how 99% of the ppl who use donor swords don't use the [glad] tag for their team glads, etc.

Not to mention I'm not saying it should force the weapon itself, just the damage. The look of the weapon would still remain whatever model you want it to be, which is what GunZ prems has been about in the first place since the game started lmao. Really struggling to see the downside of having an extra modifier...

Cmon dude, like seriously? Please re-read the whole post and replies before generating your opinion! Thanks
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-16-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jianyu View Post
    Sigh, look I'm really not trying to be mean but it's painfully obvious you didn't read the main post, let alone the replies. I mean even in the first line I say I'd rather prefer an optional tag and for it not to be included in the [glad] tag. I then go on and say how no competitive glads use donor swords in the first place, how 99% of the ppl who use donor swords don't use the [glad] tag for their team glads, etc.

Not to mention I'm not saying it should force the weapon itself, just the damage. The look of the weapon would still remain whatever model you want it to be, which is what GunZ prems has been about in the first place since the game started lmao. Really struggling to see the downside of having an extra modifier...

Cmon dude, like seriously? Please re-read the whole post and replies before generating your opinion! Thanks
    i replied to the specific reply, which was above me (forgot to use the quote tag, maybe you were confused), which pretty much suggested it'd be added to the [glad] tag. even if not, as some people stated in a different suggestion which said that they want a no donor tag in gun games, no new tags are going to be added.
    frankly i dont really care about the model of the sword, there are 2 swords which deal 28 damage, that is the only scenario id prefer one over the other.
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-16-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    This isn't about what you prefer, to be frank. This tag and suggestion as a whole is for people who play glad and pretty much grew up playing glad; it's for the people whom the [glad] tag was originally added for in the first place.

I don't see why they shouldn't add new tags, maybe it's not my place to say, there's really no reason not to that I can tell. It doesn't really divide the playerbase, the glad playerbase as a whole is pretty fuking tiny. I can't say how much work it takes, but still. The whole point of glad is to use a sword and not have to use a gun. It's different mechanics to fight. If people would seriously not join glad rooms because their sword dmg will be lowered, then they didn't really wanna play glad in the first place.... again let me reiterate, people aren't buying donor sword for glad. maybe there's a reason why all the higher lvl gunners use donor swords in their DM's+CW's... :thinking:

I mean to your point, did [glad] and [ni] stop the purchase of donor eles/meds? It's literally, and I mean literally, the same exact thing lmao.........

Maybe I'll just talk to jetman about it, because it's really dumbfounding to me that so many people have to use such little cop-outs to try to justify nixing a modification which not only will make gladiator OBJECTIVELY better, but will guaranteed bring old players back; or at least be a stepping stone in the right direction.
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-17-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks
    I can see where you are going and ive been gladding for almost 7 years. Piss/high damage swords can be tilting at times and it sure can help to add another room tag in. People that use these swords are 99% trash and wont ever improve cus they win through stats and not skill. Real gladding is all about fighting on the same level and only using skill to win

Thanks
    Concise informative post, good shit. Shame (as always) any glad post is immediately full of gunners talking about things they dont understand.
    Mex you're a gunner, stay that way.
    Adding it as a separate room tag is the best way to do it, no reason to not implement this. Gives more options for cosmetics, I'm never going to use another sword other than standard because they're all higher damage. If donor did same damage as rusty, then id get one for sure. To make this extra clear for staff:

GLADS DON'T WANT EXTRA ADVANTAGES OVER OPPONENTS. TOURNAMENT SWORDS LOOK SICK BUT ARE IMPRACTICAL FOR ANY GLAD.

If people don't want to use the tag, then don't. Same for [glad], same for any room tag.
    Good post, needs more attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information