Sinbiosin's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Hey, you can call my Sin. I'm a gamer who loves everything anime and I have a fetish for greatswords (especially Dragonslayer from Berserk) I have made this sword two times in real life one being a cosplay sword and another being a LARP sword, I've also made a few other greatswords in real life, but I mostly make them in Blender.

56ccdfad31b26.jpg I didn't make these from scratch of course (though there are a few I have made from scratch)

I've played GunZ before in the past when ijji ran the servers and randomly this morning I thought I would see if GunZ 2 maybe had a greatsword weapon class. Well, they don't but I found that the old GunZ did and so I did a bit of research, learned they shut down their official servers (sad) but private servers were up and running and I found this server on reddit.
    So got everything setup and hopped in, played a few games and I'm loving everything so far and am happy to now be a part of this community.

I'd like to ask a few questions;
    1. What do I need to start model editing? I have Blender and am familiar with it but not sure what I need to do to unpack/extract and pack/inject
    2. Greatsword advice?
    3. Is there a resource somewhere where I can go to learn all the details of playing this game? (movement, etc) If I remember right there were always a lot
    4. How long has this server been up?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    server's been up since 2006-2007 if i recall correctly?
    not sure what you mean by greatsword advice, yet after talking to you ingame, i wanted to let you know the x1 greatsword is pretty much useless at this point, if you want, youre free to use the x2 one which gives a penalty of -10% speed.

welcome to our server!!

3. The following 3 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

EASTVAN (02-04-2017), Sinbiosin (02-04-2017), SuperKekku (02-04-2017)

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    1. What do I need to start model editing? I have Blender and am familiar with it but not sure what I need to do to unpack/extract and pack/inject
    - There are tons of tutorials when it comes to designing items, most of them are on ragezone.

2. Greatsword advice?
    - What does that even mean? I advise you not to design Greatsword as they are pretty much useless in the current fgunz meta unless they have some plans to make them valuable again.

3. Is there a resource somewhere where I can go to learn all the details of playing this game? (movement, etc) If I remember right there were always a lot
    - Youtube (some main moves you should learn are: slash shot, reload shot, dash break and wall climb)

Welcome! (:

5. The following 2 users say thank you to Camel for this useful post:

EASTVAN (02-04-2017), Sinbiosin (02-04-2017)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinbiosin View Post
    I'd like to ask a few questions;
    2. Greatsword advice?
    1. Photoshop, Blender (optional) & 3DS max (2010 or older)
    2. For greatsword I'd say you could Google a bit for their styles
    3. For movements and skills game wise you can look on Youtube for Freestyle GunZ tutorial videos for example
    4. So far to my knowledge we have been running since 2007 (under different name at first, Heaven Network if I am correct)

If you are in need of plugins for Blender and an original model of the game (where you can make your designs to the games length/size of weapons) you are free to PM me with your requests and I will try to give you a couple of things that will be useful if you want to jump into GunZ designing.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

EASTVAN (02-04-2017), Sinbiosin (02-04-2017)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by P1rate View Post
    1. Photoshop, Blender (optional) & 3DS max (2010 or older)
    2. For greatsword I'd say you could Google a bit for their styles
    3. For movements and skills game wise you can look on Youtube for Freestyle GunZ tutorial videos for example
    4. So far to my knowledge we have been running since 2007 (under different name at first, Heaven Network if I am correct)

If you are in need of plugins for Blender and an original model of the game (where you can make your designs to the games length/size of weapons) you are free to PM me with your requests and I will try to give you a couple of things that will be useful if you want to jump into GunZ designing.
    yes u are correct

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zéxi View Post

2. Greatsword advice?
    - What does that even mean? I advise you not to design Greatsword as they are pretty much useless in the current fgunz meta unless they have some plans to make them valuable again.
    maybe once they see what kind of models I can pump out they will make them valuable but I plan to stick to the class either way like I said I am obsessed haha

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Sinbiosin for this useful post:

Camel (02-04-2017), EASTVAN (02-04-2017)

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinbiosin View Post
    maybe once they see what kind of models I can pump out they will make them valuable but I plan to stick to the class either way like I said I am obsessed haha
    Do it up man, I love to see people's work
    I think there are ways to get pre-existing models to work with too, like was said, check RageZone.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by P1rate View Post

pm'd

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Welcome.

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Welcum!

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Thread Information