Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    A "new" game mode called Parkour.
    Basically means it would be a sort of training mode with only skill maps to be played (meaning the skill maps would be removed from any other mode).
    Currently only a few maps, but with this mode there could be more maps for that mode, I mean a lot of people practise skill maps so...

Other features in the mode would be no death by bullets, swords and such (only if you fall off the track) and no flip or massive (so build in instead of using tags).
    This way you can 'safely' practise your parkour skills.

A side idea for this mode could be a sort of how quests are currently work with multiple stages.
    If you start with V1, you spawn > get an arrow for direction (or none if that is annoying/makes it easy to find your way) > the goal is to reach the portal at the end of the map to go to the next version of the skill maps.

This could also be something for future events, the first to reach the end portal wins a point or something.

Note: I already dropped it at one of the coders to see if it is a lot of work.
    Probably edit it soon with a few possible screenshots as a preview of my idea.

Edit 1: Forgot to mention that you would earn exp for each map cleared in that mode (at least for the second idea aka side idea).
    Last edited by StephanM; 02-12-2017 at 04:23 AM.

2. The following 7 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

L A D E R (02-28-2017), mimo (02-12-2017), Rain (02-25-2017), TomasEdison (03-11-2017), Traumatiser (02-12-2017), Tzunami best0 (03-08-2017), yas6en (02-12-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    omg broo this seems so coool wowowowow cant wait ogggmgggmgmg

#Skull4Mod!

Country
    Thanks
    Don't like the idea. Rather them fix other issues.

5. The following user said thank you to Skull for this useful post:

Omesaa (03-08-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    The concept is good, however several problems occur when doing this; superflip is also a skillmap, you could even call it mother of skillmaps aswell as being the largest map in the game, and if youre gonna be removing skillmaps and superflip then not many people are going to support this, especially when skillmap1 is often used for infected, but at the same time you cant allow them to play it outside the mode because thenbthey could practice it and farm exp.
    We also have the fact that there are only 4 skillmaps, all of which i consider VERY easy to complete, so if youre going to want to make challenging levels after completing the first ones, youre gonna run into a problem (unless you come up with something creative like forcing largeswords which make u 10% slower or making a built in [j?] Tag to make it more difficult to make jumps), this will be just free exp for alot of people. But then again, so is quest so....
    Last edited by Bunny; 02-12-2017 at 01:49 PM.

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    Wasn't there a developer here which wanted to do the same?.
    I remember seeing videos of its work.
    With portals etc

sucked georges cock for it

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SkyWodka View Post
    Wasn't there a developer here which wanted to do the same?.
    I remember seeing videos of its work.
    With portals etc
    Yeah, "Race". It was full of bugs though.
    And the developer quit shortly after because he didn't get instant-access to the source.

9. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Bunny (02-12-2017)

mimo's Avatar sup =]

Country
    Thanks
    Sounds good, but I'd rather if you only added more skillmaps. I think it's better to change abit "Relay map" and add the portals there, would be cool if you could move from map to map, not necessarily skillmaps.

KujaWarrior's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by mimo View Post
    Sounds good, but I'd rather if you only added more skillmaps. I think it's better to change abit "Relay map" and add the portals there, would be cool if you could move from map to map, not necessarily skillmaps.
    That would ruin the purpose of the whole idea since the target of this mode is finishing skillmaps..

mimo's Avatar sup =]

Country
    Thanks
    what i mean is: using the portal idea in different maps and not only in skillmaps. dumb dog

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by mimo View Post
    what i mean is: using the portal idea in different maps and not only in skillmaps. dumb dog
    Originally Posted by KujaWarrior View Post
    That would ruin the purpose of the whole idea since the target of this mode is finishing skillmaps..
    (3 letters here)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information