Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The concept is good, however several problems occur when doing this; superflip is also a skillmap, you could even call it mother of skillmaps aswell as being the largest map in the game, and if youre gonna be removing skillmaps and superflip then not many people are going to support this, especially when skillmap1 is often used for infected, but at the same time you cant allow them to play it outside the mode because thenbthey could practice it and farm exp.
    We also have the fact that there are only 4 skillmaps, all of which i consider VERY easy to complete, so if youre going to want to make challenging levels after completing the first ones, youre gonna run into a problem (unless you come up with something creative like forcing largeswords which make u 10% slower or making a built in [j?] Tag to make it more difficult to make jumps), this will be just free exp for alot of people. But then again, so is quest so....
    I would not add in superflip due being so large.
    Also I was thinking about difficulties where one version gives you a slow and the other a slow and less gravity (just an example).

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I would not add in superflip due being so large.
    Also I was thinking about difficulties where one version gives you a slow and the other a slow and less gravity (just an example).
    there are countless things you can add, perhaps a randomization between 1 and 300 values for the 3 tags, [g?][s?][j?], since everything that u change especially in [s?] can cause difficulty to finish the map, imagine pressing w for half a second and move across the entire map and probably die.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    there are countless things you can add, perhaps a randomization between 1 and 300 values for the 3 tags, [g?][s?][j?], since everything that u change especially in [s?] can cause difficulty to finish the map, imagine pressing w for half a second and move across the entire map and probably die.
    I would not randomise it.
    Rather do it as;
    • Easy: no modifications
    • Medium: (5% slower 5% less gravity)
    • Hard: (10% slower 10% less gravity)
    • Elite/Extreme: (15% slower 15% less gravity and bunny hop mode?)

Difficulty can always be changed after some testing, that is if they are going to look at it (well Jeff xoxo).

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I would not randomise it.
    Rather do it as;
    • Easy: no modifications
    • Medium: (5% slower 5% less gravity)
    • Hard: (10% slower 10% less gravity)
    • Elite/Extreme: (15% slower 15% less gravity and bunny hop mode?)

Difficulty can always be changed after some testing, that is if they are going to look at it (well Jeff xoxo).
    i support the bunny hop mode ( ) but i would say possibly also go for x% faster speed/more gravity, as faster=less control and more gravity is generally harder (both climbing walls and jumping in general), im willing to help with testing if necessary and that is all if any dev is going to even support this gamemode/suggestion entirely.
    for a start, from somewhat personal experience i would say 5-15% difference is really minor considering i could finish supermario3 with 50% less speed (to get a point of view try to use the double swords that make you 10% slower to see how minor the difference is)

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Still looking into this. Gotta find the best way of keeping track of the completed sectors. Probably add a new variable to mmatchobject

6. The following 3 users say thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Bunny (03-08-2017), Lenny (03-08-2017), StephanM (03-09-2017)

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Still looking into this. Gotta find the best way of keeping track of the completed sectors. Probably add a new variable to mmatchobject
    just create a new widget and make that new interface progressbar
    Last edited by Rain; 03-08-2017 at 07:47 PM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Give this man a MEDAL.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Accepted, on the to-do list.

10. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Bunny (01-06-2020)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    If you add this to race map, please make sure to not implement it how the current spawns in that map work. Some players spawn behind others giving them a natural disadvantage.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    If you add this to race map, please make sure to not implement it how the current spawns in that map work. Some players spawn behind others giving them a natural disadvantage.
    If i didn't get it wrong, you mean that when someone dies and spawn, he spawns randomly/spawns at the start. If it's that what u mean, a checkpoint for respawn shall solve it (as an option for that event ofc)
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information