Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    μ

Country
    Thanks
    Hey, I need a new phone and I'm definitely not getting a new iphone. I currently have the 6 and it always crashes around 30-50% back home because of the cold weather. I've gone to apple but because my warranty expired they're refusing to send me a replacement. Plus iphones are garbage compared to android phones nowadays..

I'm deciding to go with android and I've been looking everywhere for advice so I'm gonna ask what you guys think.
    If you were to compare price against functionality which android phone would be ideal?

For example, is shelling out the extra £150 really worth it when buying the s7 compared to the s6?

What about models like the J7, A7? Are they worthwhile?

Also some models are listed as 32gb but I've been told that I can increase the memory for all of them as much as I want, do all models fall under this? I tend to take a lot of photos and my phone always ends up being filled up really quickly so this function is a real seller for me.

thanks so much I really hope I can get some help on the subject.

μ

Country
    Thanks
    bumblebump

Banned

Thanks
    If i were you , ill grab the s7edge/s7 not s6/s6edge/s6edge+

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by BeastBoy View Post
    If i were you , ill grab the s7edge/s7 not s6/s6edge/s6edge+
    But why? Just because its a newer model isn't a seller for me. I need to know if paying the extra money is worthwhile. Are the specs that much better than its predecessor? Are there other phones on the market with similar specs for a better price?

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    But why? Just because its a newer model isn't a seller for me. I need to know if paying the extra money is worthwhile. Are the specs that much better than its predecessor? Are there other phones on the market with similar specs for a better price?
    5.5-inches for the Galaxy S7 Edge and 5.1-inches for its predecessor
    I have S7 Edge (Onyx Black) 100% Waterproof *Did a video test underwater for like 2-3 hours* the sounds/speaker might be weird cuz there is still water inside but after awhile when the water is gone it will be back to normal.
    What kind of phone you want ? Good Camera? Waterproof?
    Last edited by Jikali; 02-13-2017 at 03:30 PM.

μ

Country
    Thanks
    I have S7 Edge (Onyx Black) 100% Waterproof *Did a video test underwater for like 2-3 hours* the sounds/speaker might be weird cuz there is still water inside but after awhile when the water is gone it will be back to normal.
    What kind of phone you want ? Good Camera? Waterproof?
    i think waterproofing is maybe one the last of my worries

I want a phone with good specs, a good camera, fast load time and a very good battery life. Having to charge my phone all the time is one of the reasons I'm not buying another iphone

I don't mind buying an s7 or an edge if it's worth paying the extra money. And only then would I invest more money. If there's no point and I can save myself a few hundred quid then I'll just stick with the previous model, right?

What about the note 5, a7, pixel? Are these viable candidates or not? pls do consider price too

Banned

Thanks

I want a phone with good specs, a good camera, fast load time and a very good battery life. Having to charge my phone all the time is one of the reasons I'm not buying another iphone

I don't mind buying an s7 or an edge if it's worth paying the extra money. And only then would I invest more money. If there's no point and I can save myself a few hundred quid then I'll just stick with the previous model, right?

What about the note 5, a7, pixel? Are these viable candidates or not? pls do consider price too
    Good Camera -> LG G5 (almost same as S7 , LG G5 has 4GB RAM , 32gb memory battery -> 2800mAh with quick charging via Type-C USB camera: Main cam: Standard lens 16MP with OIS, wide-angle 8MP Front cam: 8MP)
    Price: $600 to $700
    Note 5 is better than A7
    Note 5 VS Pixel (ill go for pixel)
    Reasons: Splash, Dust resistant,534 ppi, Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro,128 GB,3450 mAh like 36 hours talk time or 14 wifi/data access ,21.8 days
    the average is 16 days,Music playback 130.00 hours, Additional microphone(s) for Noise cancellation, http://prntscr.com/e86afn , *PIXEL PRICE $ 869*

- - - Updated - - -

But if i were you *ill go with s7 edge (Dust/Water resistant) 4 GB of Ram, 32 gb built in memory (2 sim card slot or 1 for simcard and 1 for memorycard) longer battery life.*

8. The following user said thank you to Jikali for this useful post:

Shino (02-13-2017)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Good Camera -> LG G5 (almost same as S7 , LG G5 has 4GB RAM , 32gb memory battery -> 2800mAh with quick charging via Type-C USB camera: Main cam: Standard lens 16MP with OIS, wide-angle 8MP Front cam: 8MP)
    Price: $600 to $700
    Note 5 is better than A7
    Note 5 VS Pixel (ill go for pixel)
    Reasons: Splash, Dust resistant,534 ppi, Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro,128 GB,3450 mAh like 36 hours talk time or 14 wifi/data access ,21.8 days
    the average is 16 days,Music playback 130.00 hours, Additional microphone(s) for Noise cancellation, http://prntscr.com/e86afn , *PIXEL PRICE $ 869*

- - - Updated - - -

But if i were you *ill go with s7 edge (Dust/Water resistant) 4 GB of Ram, 32 gb built in memory (2 sim card slot or 1 for simcard and 1 for memorycard) longer battery life.*
    wow thank you this is informative. What about one plus 3? Price wise this phone is pretty good and it has quite good specs for the market right?

Like i said im not looking for the best of the best I just need something to last me the next 2-3 years
    Last edited by Shino; 02-13-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks

if waterproof isnt a problem for you, id go with one of the LG generations. im not sure about waterproof on higher generations but either way, i would say the LG is a very fast phone with better camera than galaxy (L5 compared to S7), it has a naturally large screen and i would say it has a long battery life aswell as a good processor.

μ

Country
    Thanks
    also can anyone answer this?

Also some models are listed as 32gb but I've been told that I can increase the memory for all of them as much as I want, do all models fall under this? I tend to take a lot of photos and my phone always ends up being filled up really quickly so this function is a real seller for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information