Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    How is it oc'ed? Is this just a feeling? Or do you have recordings or some other way to explain it?

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    Before i worked on those extra features i worked on "fixing" the anti lead. I already know the reasons shots wouldnt register in certain cases. Also i made modifications that allowed us to re-enable the cross hair pick. Then i worked on the other little things. I dont share all the details of what ive done in the vip thread, just a broad overview.
    Thats all i wanted to know. I hope these changed will come really soon.

Flora's Avatar LD King

Thanks
    How is it oc'ed? Is this just a feeling? Or do you have recordings or some other way to explain it?
    its always been oced rofl ask mcsic or dave im sure they would confirm it and ask anyone else the server just feels different to others like i often see people say it feels faster etc its less smooth in my opinion the only way i can explain it is when i played for example gunz fact it felt great it was smooth felt normal like the original server did but then when you came here you felt faster you felt like your not moving at the right speed i cant explain it any other way lol it is a feeling yeah but iv also had people confirm it to i always thought they would change it but they never did so im just curious if you have any plans this time to change it lol

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Flora View Post
    its always been oced rofl ask mcsic or dave im sure they would confirm
    Can't confirm.

I was about to find this line of code that would make gameplay 10% faster but... there is none.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    I actually did just ask him. Lol. That's why he responded.

Flora's Avatar LD King

Thanks
    I actually did just ask him. Lol. That's why he responded.
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Can't confirm.

I was about to find this line of code that would make gameplay 10% faster but... there is none.
    ermm ok lol
    Last edited by Flora; 03-12-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Well i did remove a portion of code which ive had my eye on since i got here that i know caused a large fps fluctuation in a common scenario.
    Last edited by S1lent; 03-10-2017 at 06:48 PM.

8. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

EASTVAN (03-10-2017)

Joobie's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post
    That's like, your opinion man

Anyway, I don't really know of any servers that followed that supposed paradigm, seems more so like something you created to give your argument a backbone.
    FG is a dedicated community, like I said, the competitive player base is small, yet, I will admit they have a proportionally important voice.
    I would be willing to bet a good majority play casually as well, so while improving both aspects of the game are nice, to discredit or put off one aspect because you don't appreciate its merit is not constructive.

What is 'wrong' with the anti-lead?
    Like I said, if YOU want a solution, YOU figure it out.
    The developers aren't here to be a slave to your desires, though they do take them into account, but, when you troll or get upset it just shows ignorance and that you are being unappreciative.

Not many people have the free time needed to develop games, let alone a game that returns little, if any, profit for them.
    You won't even take the time to research how protocols or network communications work for your own issues, yet you expect the developers to be at your beck and call..

I also find nothing wrong with the anti-lead, maybe it's something being exploited between two parties, whereby the responsibility falls on YOU, the player, to determine what that it is and take whichever path it is you feel is just.
    I'm pretty sure that's not how it works buddy. No idea if you don't play duel rooms or clan war much and is just one of those people who socialize a lot in Training Rooms or w/e. For myself, I barely come on and play nowadays, but when I do, it's usually Clan War, TDM or even Duels and shots are not registering. Obviously the community doesn't have the capability to fix the problem, but you can't just put the blame on the competitive side of the community to fix the problem like that. The community voices their opinion out to help answer the questions regarding how to improve the server. If the staff doesn't take into consideration on the suggestions being made and keep releasing patches that do not fix the current visible problems already causing such an issue to the community, then FG will drop more than 50% of the population in players I can guarantee that.

Let's put it this way.. like back in the day, Questing and Clan War were the two major servers that were big in player base population and you were one of the players who enjoyed questing more than the competitive scene. If the questing server had a major recurring issue and the devs did not have a solution to fix it. You're literally driving people into the corner and stating, "IF YOU WANT A SOLUTION, YOU FIGURE IT OUT". Is that how you would like to approach the situation with an argument like that?

In light of things, the community isn't bashing on the features they have provided and more to come, but the main issue that's recurring isn't being solved. But, the community accounts for keeping the population base up, and the Devs are supposed to be there to keep improving the features to keep improving the player experience for this game.

Just my two cents

10. The following 4 users say thank you to Joobie for this useful post:

EASTVAN (03-12-2017), Pigglet (03-11-2017), SlashShotRS (03-10-2017), Sunfire (03-10-2017)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Joobie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not how it works buddy. No idea if you don't play duel rooms or clan war much and is just one of those people who socialize a lot in Training Rooms or w/e. For myself, I barely come on and play nowadays, but when I do, it's usually Clan War, TDM or even Duels and shots are not registering. Obviously the community doesn't have the capability to fix the problem, but you can't just put the blame on the competitive side of the community to fix the problem like that. The community voices their opinion out to help answer the questions regarding how to improve the server. If the staff doesn't take into consideration on the suggestions being made and keep releasing patches that do not fix the current visible problems already causing such an issue to the community, then FG will drop more than 50% of the population in players I can guarantee that.

Let's put it this way.. like back in the day, Questing and Clan War were the two major servers that were big in player base population and you were one of the players who enjoyed questing more than the competitive scene. If the questing server had a major recurring issue and the devs did not have a solution to fix it. You're literally driving people into the corner and stating, "IF YOU WANT A SOLUTION, YOU FIGURE IT OUT". Is that how you would like to approach the situation with an argument like that?

In light of things, the community isn't bashing on the features they have provided and more to come, but the main issue that's recurring isn't being solved. But, the community accounts for keeping the population base up, and the Devs are supposed to be there to keep improving the features to keep improving the player experience for this game.

Just my two cents
    Could swear i read this post like 5 pages ago.

Before i worked on those extra features i worked on "fixing" the anti lead. I already know the reasons shots wouldnt register in certain cases. Also i made modifications that allowed us to re-enable the cross hair pick. Then i worked on the other little things. I dont share all the details of what ive done in the vip thread, just a broad overview.

Thanks
    how would the "pick up ammo" thing be implemented? walk over a player's corpse? or would it create an ammo spawn of sorts? this could be good or bad depending on how it's implemented. i wouldn't really advocate for this change in any team based game mode, although for DM it'd probably be good. i'd be more for removal of the [r] tag rather than the [ia] tag. infinite ammo is less of a problem than instant reloads, because people just like to spam their heads off mindlessly rather than actually proactively manage their ammo. especially so with shotguns, because of how much extra reserve ammo they have, it's really not a debatable factor.

as for the antilead, the majority are correct and i'd like to provide some insight as to what's happening. the antilead with shotguns in particular is the problem. i've used revolvers/sprays/whatever on pretty much every server/antilead there is, and it's pretty much always been flawless, but the instant i start using shotguns, a lot of the damage doesn't seem to work, and most shots only give me 1 pellet worth of damage. so it seems that "multi instance" sources of damage aren't working properly. which would explain why revs/sprays work fine, because each hit is only 1 instance of damage.

another point i'd like to bring up is that playing on worse internet seems to work with the antilead more consistently than playing on better internet. i used to play on better internet and i'd rarely get more than one pellet worth of damage from a shotgun. but now that i'm using a slower connection, i'm seeing my shots actually register most of the time.

thirdly, server routed antilead is significantly more accurate. i've never seen a peer to peer antilead work as well as a server routed one. i would use /forcenat religiously for this reason, but 8 times out of 10 you'll just end up getting AE to your opponents.
    pce out

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information