Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Pigglet View Post
    any updates
    *Cricket noises*

OnTopic: Can we get some proper 128x128 .png emblems, the tiny blurry ones are pretty old hat. And what happened to the transparency of .pngs in old emblems that worked a year ago? I was pretty salty when I found some old transparent emblems for clans no longer worked and just looked like ass with nasty forced conversion to .jpg why would you remove variety like this.

2. The following user said thank you to Qwin for this useful post:

loneeagle (06-28-2017)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    *Cricket noises*

OnTopic: Can we get some proper 128x128 .png emblems, the tiny blurry ones are pretty old hat. And what happened to the transparency of .pngs in old emblems that worked a year ago? I was pretty salty when I found some old transparent emblems for clans no longer worked and just looked like ass with nasty forced conversion to .jpg why would you remove variety like this.
    Yes that's possible. Will add support for it (although I have no idea how GunZ will handle that).
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

4. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

loneeagle (06-28-2017)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yes that's possible. Will add support for it (although I have no idea how GunZ will handle that).
    GunZ should be able to handle it to my knowledge, well at least the PNG part.

6. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

loneeagle (06-28-2017)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    If you're referring to the 128x emblems if it's possible or not, I speak from experience that I made the clan page display 256x emblems, you just need to change the max size of the emblem in the xml via moving things around. And of course change the file uploading changes to reflect on the new max size.

I did that for Hymn's long dead server back in 2000s. 256x is pretty massive, so 128x is a nice medium so we dont have to see upscaled and nasty looking emblems but make sure to change the xml file or it won't do much good and if you dont, it will still upscale or downscale on the clan page.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Qwin; 06-28-2017 at 08:17 PM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    If you're referring to the 128x emblems if it's possible or not, I speak from experience that I made the clan page display 256x emblems, you just need to change the max size of the emblem in the xml via moving things around. And of course change the file uploading changes to reflect on the new max size.

I did that for Hymn's long dead server back in 2000s. 256x is pretty massive, so 128x is a nice medium so we dont have to see upscaled and nasty looking emblems but make sure to change the xml file or it won't do much good and if you dont, it will still upscale or downscale on the clan page.
    Spoiler!
    For some reason I believe we had 150x150, might be wrong here.
    Also game room as in the stage room (where you select the map, players and such), if so it is pretty easy to add a shop button in there.
    Just wondering with what the "completely different take on clan wars" is, cause I am all ears for that.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    For some reason I believe we had 150x150, might be wrong here.
    Also game room as in the stage room (where you select the map, players and such), if so it is pretty easy to add a shop button in there.
    FG might have 150x (havent measured it) but the file upload only supports 64x so everything is blurry and shitty when upscaled. If you're going to do any upscaling or downscaling make sure its an even ratio or it will look like ass, which is why I suggested 128x being double the size but still an even ratio. I know that from many years of working in photoshop.

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Just wondering with what the "completely different take on clan wars" is, cause I am all ears for that.
    The completely different take on clan wars was that we revolved things around entire factions so you would choose your side and have battles between warring factions and the total of everyone in that faction would be measured against everyone in the other faction. It's basically the same as MMOs do race wars, it was a lot of fun and very different for GunZ to have it. It also meant that we removed the limitation of a clan (which was now a faction) being full.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Qwin; 07-01-2017 at 07:48 PM.

10. The following 3 users say thank you to Qwin for this useful post:

#1Chef (07-01-2017), Canpai (07-02-2017), Prone (07-02-2017)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    FG might have 150x (havent measured it) but the file upload only supports 64x so everything is blurry and shitty when upscaled. If you're going to do any upscaling or downscaling make sure its an even ratio or it will look like ass, which is why I suggested 128x being double the size but still an even ratio. I know that from many years of working in photoshop.

The completely different take on clan wars was that we revolved things around entire factions so you would choose your side and have battles between warring factions and the total of everyone in that faction would be measured against everyone in the other faction. It's basically the same as MMOs do race wars, it was a lot of fun and very different for GunZ to have it. It also meant that we removed the limitation of a clan (which was now a faction) being full.

Spoiler!
    Sounds really great, but I do not know if people are waiting for it.
    I would use 3 factions in this case.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    *Cricket noises*

On Topic : v8 is a myth
    I played V8 once, then McSic used admin weapons on me. ; ^(

Thread Information