Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Kelly's Avatar squad

Country
    Thanks
    Rather than reforming the ban/warning system, I think the bigger issue lies elsewhere. Each report seems to be reviewed on a case to case basis with no clear guideline on what is considered offensive vs. bullying. I understand it's hard to set actual boundaries on which phrases are out of line and whatnot, but the way that punishments are given out aren't consistent at all. People on this game get too butthurt and report others over silly trashtalk (i.e: being called ugly/stupid/bad etc). This leads to dumb reports and even more dumb infractions.

Also, I think that trash talking in other languages should be only handled by GM's/FM's who speak the language that the trash talk is happening in. Just because the person reporting is "translating" the offensive talk or whatever, it doesn't mean that it's an accurate translation. I don't think it's justified to ban someone based on poorly done translations by players who feel offended, because the translation will usually be biased and misleading.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    Rather than reforming the ban/warning system, I think the bigger issue lies elsewhere. Each report seems to be reviewed on a case to case basis with no clear guideline on what is considered offensive vs. bullying. I understand it's hard to set actual boundaries on which phrases are out of line and whatnot, but the way that punishments are given out aren't consistent at all. People on this game get too butthurt and report others over silly trashtalk (i.e: being called ugly/stupid/bad etc). This leads to dumb reports and even more dumb infractions.

Also, I think that trash talking in other languages should be only handled by GM's/FM's who speak the language that the trash talk is happening in. Just because the person reporting is "translating" the offensive talk or whatever, it doesn't mean that it's an accurate translation. I don't think it's justified to ban someone based on poorly done translations by players who feel offended, because the translation will usually be biased and misleading.
    That's why we Moderators decide what's "really offensive and not" and what punishement we think is deserved.

I agree on the translation part which is why I double check with someone else who speaks the language because I'm aware they might make it seem worse than what it really is.

Banned

Thanks
    Or stop whining over pixels?

Jaay's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Or stop whining over pixels?
    Point was to get few players back you spic.

I sure know a serv that did it when they were bout to die and peaked back to 100 if we can reach 300-400 with the email's saying everyone's got a second chance and shit (maybe not hackers but speakin warnings wise) then why not?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    We're probably going to reset/remove a bunch of warnings when we release V8, but don't expect any major changes when it comes to what is and what is not is punishable.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

6. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Jaay (05-16-2017)

Dante's Avatar Nephilim Son Of Sparda

Thanks
    I wanted to "thank" you until I saw this:

Originally Posted by Jaay View Post
    It's ****ing part of the game. From what I know of GunZ's a competitive game and then again Egoes takes a kick on their butt when-ever they get ridiculed of.
    I removed my thanks.

Kelly's Avatar squad

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We're probably going to reset/remove a bunch of warnings when we release V8, but don't expect any major changes when it comes to what is and what is not is punishable.
    What about current bans? Will anything be done about them? Perhaps a more generous look on appeals etc?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    What about current bans? Will anything be done about them? Perhaps a more generous look on appeals etc?
    We may lift some bans that were issued a long time ago.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We may lift some bans that were issued a long time ago.
    Clean sweep bans pre-2016 and get tons of donations (talking about ban for toxicity, harassment and such cause people "reform" *cough* Skull *cough*).

11. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Pigglet (05-16-2017)

Bakudo's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    instead of banning every bad player for hacking, why not just temporary ban the player until his hack is patched... whats the point of banning a player for 3/6 month appeal for a hack they can no longer use... easiest way to maintain your playerbase is to issue more consistant updates, considering you probably have more active banned players than users on your server (just saying)

people usually hack to gain an advantage in cw --> cw competition is what keeps gunz alive
    Last edited by Bakudo; 05-16-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information