Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bakudo's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Dumbest shit I ever read.
    yes it might sound dumb to someone with half a brain

this isn't my idea, it's just a factor that separates fg from the current most popular gunz server (considering they do exactly this)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We're probably going to reset/remove a bunch of warnings when we release V8, but don't expect any major changes when it comes to what is and what is not is punishable.
    Sounds not really important question but is the "proof" something should still remain after removing warnings ?

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Sounds not really important question but is the "proof" something should still remain after removing warnings ?
    All evidence from your previous warnings/bans will be visible for us gms if that's what you're asking.

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    the funny thing is most of flaming reports go like this
    player 1 : fuc k you cu nt you piece of shit
    player 2 : fucc your mother retard go suck a dicc
    *player 1 waits his message to disappear*
    5 mins later: player 1 has posted a thread OMG DUDE HE INSULTED ME FOR NO REASON FFS I HATE THIS KIND OF PEOPLE IWANNA QUIT in player reports
    not gna bother reading older replies in this thread cause i dont really care if someone posted that already
    Last edited by braazts; 05-16-2017 at 10:24 PM.

5. The following user said thank you to braazts for this useful post:

Kelly (05-16-2017)

Jaay's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bakudo View Post
    yes it might sound dumb to someone with half a brain

this isn't my idea, it's just a factor that separates fg from the current most popular gunz server (considering they do exactly this)
    Thing is that server actually does not patch any single of their hacks Lo.

They got even dumbers gm's than here that can't spot shit.

Also the owner itself codes hacks (apparently to sell em to the brs/koreans)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jaay View Post
    Thing is that server actually does not patch any single of their hacks Lo.

They got even dumbers gm's than here that can't spot shit.

Also the owner itself codes hacks (apparently to sell em to the brs/koreans)
    Actually none of that is true lol

The reason gms don't 'spot' shit is because they're mainly working for player support and reports on spamming/ swapping etc.. The owner knows every single player that is hacking (there's a difference between detecting and patching a hack) .. theres no point giving gms power to ban when they can abuse it like on this server and they're half retarded when it comes to actually spotting a hack.

He patches hacks without banning players, I guess that's what Dave does in a sense when he chooses not to ban all you idiots using a detected hack...except fgunz is less consistent when it comes to patching hacks and pushing updates
    Last edited by Bakudo; 05-17-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    instead of banning every bad player for hacking, why not just temporary ban the player until his hack is patched... whats the point of banning a player for 3/6 month appeal for a hack they can no longer use... easiest way to maintain your playerbase is to issue more consistant updates, considering you probably have more active banned players than users on your server (just saying)

people usually hack to gain an advantage in cw --> cw competition is what keeps gunz alive
    If they did it once, there's a chance they will do it again. That's what the extended ban time is for. Just because hack A was patched, what's stopping them from using the revolutionary new hack B just days later?

The times may be a bit exaggerated, but it remains a fact that most users will just do it again. Unfortunately it's a case of a few people ruining it for the rest. But that's just how it is, and that fact will not change. There's only hope that by the time they can come back maybe they've learned their lesson, but again-- not always the case.

As for the whole flaming thing. I'm on the gray area here. As much as I don't support the idea of being manchildren and yelling such words at each other-- what is considered mutable should be toned down a bit. I mean once we hit racist and homophobic territory, that's understandable-- we're not fourchan or reddit, and I would presume everyone here would like to keep it this way, aye? But in any case, anything beyond derogatory shouldn't be punishable because for one, this server has a fully functioning ignore system and for the love of ****, none of you are special snowflakes.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    All evidence from your previous warnings/bans will be visible for us gms if that's what you're asking.
    I mean is the proof gonna be still visble for the players in their accs in website ? I don't think it should remain if some warnings gonna get removed, don't you think like that ? it would be useless

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Actually none of that is true lol

The reason gms don't 'spot' shit is because they're mainly working for player support and reports on spamming/ swapping etc.. The owner knows every single player that is hacking (there's a difference between detecting and patching a hack) .. theres no point giving gms power to ban when they can abuse it like on this server and they're half retarded when it comes to actually spotting a hack.

He patches hacks without banning players, I guess that's what Dave does in a sense when he chooses not to ban all you idiots using a detected hack...except fgunz is less consistent when it comes to patching hacks and pushing updates
    The problem with hacks is that it will always be a cat and mouse game (so long there is someone who keeps making hacks). It's easy to say "just patch it", but in reality it's hard to actually permanently patch a hack.

Whoever has a bit of coding experience should know that this will always be a problem.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The problem with hacks is that it will always be a cat and mouse game (so long there is someone who keeps making hacks). It's easy to say "just patch it", but in reality it's hard to actually permanently patch a hack.

Whoever has a bit of coding experience should know that this will always be a problem.
    It's true there's a million ways to bypass a patch for hacks, but who said playing the cat and mouse game is a bad thing? There's no real profit or motivation for people to constantly update hacks. It just seems like devs are more focused on irrelevant things to make the server look 'pretty' . Looks like you need more creative people to work on preventing solvable problems(sad that people are still ucing through programs)

It's pretty hard to admit but even tho hexpresso is a ****** he was actually motivated in preventing hacks rather than relying on gms to ban players based on their opinionated judgement
    (Banning players from a report just makes them bypass and continue using/sharing their hack... It doesn't contribute to the issue)

even announcing publicly on the forum that a hack is detected will stop people from using it and save you more players (if you get what I mean)
    Last edited by Bakudo; 05-17-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information