User Not Found

Thanks
    Hello fellow FGunz players, long time no see, hope you all have been okay. Anyway, I'm looking to create a test server just to test maps out on but all the tutorials have broken links, I was wondering if somebody could point me in the direction of a tutorial with active download links or just how to setup a debug server as it's been forever and I forgot how.

If this is not allowed, or in the wrong section, please forgive me and do what is needed. Thanks.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Go on Ra**Z***.. get 1.5 source code and set it up, it's not too hard and I bet that nobody here is willing to help you create a server even if it's for testing purposes.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

User Not Found

Thanks
    I'm not looking for someone to spoonfeed me information I just need a tutorial that isn't full of dead 5 year old links.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    You can try and PM S1lent/Jetman (not saying they would help you but they might hook you up with working links), also if you don't want to be spoonfed, head to the website I told you and find a tutorial yourself

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    It doesn't matter how old the tutorials are. The most modern of stuff is set up the same way, just have to compile the source code.

I'm even looking at a tutorial right now that isn't even dead.

6. The following user said thank you to Paul for this useful post:

GeorgeGFX (05-17-2017)

User Not Found

Thanks
    I actually already posted a thread there a few days ago and pretty much got no responses, at least no helpful responses.

But thanks for the help I appreciate it.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Existence View Post
    I'm not looking for someone to spoonfeed me information I just need a tutorial that isn't full of dead 5 year old links.
    • RZ seems to be useless for files for a year or two now (dead links)
    • https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...up+gunz+server for a setup tutorial (the two top video's will help)
    • My advice is to contact Hellsniper or Jetman for old files (I honestly doubt they still have old clean clients/databases, or may not want to share it)
    • If else try to find someone that is still somewhat active on the RZ forum in the GunZ section (someone that posts in the development section) and see if they got files
    • I cannot help you with the needed files since I wiped my whole computer and have nothing of it

Best of luck with what ever you want to do with a test server.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    I believe you don't even need the source if you are going to just test maps alone. As long as you can edit the Mrs files. You should be able to start gunz with a command line switch that specifies the map. Of course i don't remember what it is, but i could swear ive seen it before. Good luck.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    I believe you don't even need the source if you are going to just test maps alone. As long as you can edit the Mrs files. You should be able to start gunz with a command line switch that specifies the map. Of course i don't remember what it is, but i could swear ive seen it before. Good luck.
    You are talking about the good old Debug Mode my friend.
    Command line on the .exe and you were good to go, skipping the whole lobby stuff straight into the new map with a character.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    come join my gunz server

Free donor
    Free coins
    Free mod rank or gm

Bumlifegunz everything 4 free

Thread Information