Thanks
    This server continues to get worse every update.

First I had no issues playing a few years ago on Win 7.
    Then I updated to Win 8.1 and was still able to play normally for a bit.

Years ago, eventually a genius came along and updated FG, which in turn wrecked FG's Win 8.1 native compatibility.
    After jumping through hoops and finding my own solution (which wasnt in the completely useless FAQ) I was able to get FG to run on compatibility mode for XP SP3.

And now here we are in 2017, there isnt a single thing I can do to get FG running for more than 5 minutes without it crashing IF im lucky, 99.9% of the time it just crashes right on the character select, which is happens to be the most common report on the help section right now.

FG is AIDS.PNG
    ^ You see this? ^
    ^ This is the problem ^

Another one of your "developers" decided to **** up the very thing that is meant to solve these crashes, that comes with windows, that Microsoft designed as a back up plan for ass-backward code like FG has had for a while now. It's the very solution I had previously used with complete success. FGs newest updates wont even load in compatibility mode without giving me that error in the picture, and without trying compatibility mode the game wont even get past the char select, many times it crashes just by switching what character is selected.
    Thanks again, Jetman! (I know its probably actually Silent)

This exact sort of problem was broken the moment you rolled out the last patch, as evident by this post, which was completely ignored
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...l=1#post958177
    And now the help section is full of "character select crashing" "hacking detected crash" yadayada, its all the same shit.

I'm livid, I've given this server money before but it clearly isnt worth anyones time if the only thing "developers" continue to do is **** up the game to the point where it is literally unplayable like right now, while the admins shrug their shoulders at all of the mountain of problems that the coders continue to cause with each new stupid feature and gimick they add.

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    If none of the suggestions work then I'm afraid you may have to wait until v8.
    The only thing I can think of is to close all programs running on the background, but you probably already did that.
    ^ This is not acceptable ^

Freestyle Gunz better get it's act together, and it's priorities straight. Telling all of your players who have problems thanks to your "developers" to just "Wait until v8" is horse shit. Why should anyone put up with this? Hotfixes like this should be priority #1, because the players make the server worthwhile not your gimmicks, without the players the server is dead. Do you think it's a coincidence that FG lost hundreds of users, while people continuously can not actually load the game because of this crap?

Compatibility mode was working fine last year, fix. this. shit.
    Last edited by Linzor; 05-18-2017 at 10:35 AM.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Actually we've been so busy working on V8; we haven't thought about pushing a hotfix for this bug, neither did we expect it'd take this long to get V8 out there.

Anyhow, we'll push a quick fix for this issue in a few hours from now.

3. The following 6 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Colour (06-05-2017), Eagle (05-18-2017), Rami (05-18-2017), Ricky (05-18-2017), Shay (05-18-2017), TomasEdison (05-18-2017)

Thread Information