Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
Nice to see someone who remembers him.

In game, that sword would be indistinguishable from a 100-200 vert version. Yes, the model would look worse, or low defined, in blender. But that's kind of the point. This game doesn't handle small details well at all. The extra verts, the extra small detail, on the model just gets wasted in inflated file sizes and unnoticeable differences.

I've been out of the modeling game for a long time. Any of Maiet's models that I have seen have always been extremely-low poly. They let the texture do the work. IF they did in fact make a sword with that many verts, I very much doubt they added the verts in such a way that the details are lost in game. I would be interested in a link, or the name of the sword if possible. Maybe they finally realized that people's computers can handle it.

As for additional criticism, it would appear that your texture is stretched along the sides of your hilt. (the thing between the blade and handle). Either that, or you've placed the mappings for those parts in rather color-diffuse places. Which is acceptable.

There is a single face on the hilt that does not appear to join with the rest of the cylinder. Could be the website's fault.

The texture mapping on the handle isn't quite uniform. The patterns on the faces of the handle do not match up. Each appears to be stretched in a different way. This is something that would likely be simpler to manage if you did not split the handle in so many places to attempt to add the curvature, which will go unnoticed ingame.

&you are correct, the cylinder on the handle contains 80% of the verts in this model. It could be a 5 or 6 vert cylinder and it would look the same ingame.

It's cool to see people are still learning this stuff though. Keep on going.
Cant link it to you since I'm on phone right now. As for the cylinder,if it's ever going to be added in game I would do so but I don't think it's necessary for now since there is no "go" sign for me that they would. Either way,like I said earlier I might tweak the texture since i made that for fun and didn't care about the texture a lot and I got no photoshop in my cousin's computer lol ��. Anyways thanks for the reply,I love it when people reply like this it's more intellectual that sound's like Wucas lol