Country
    Thanks
    So here goes my brief introduction.

I use a VPN on my laptop, specifically Private Internet Access. I never browse the internet without it connected. I've played online games, played through Steam, Helbreath, etc. With no network/connection hiccups whatsoever.

Now I remember playing GunZ many years ago for many years, from official, to ijji, countless private servers, and I stopped for years again. I've decided to play again, because this game is dear to my heart, unlike the crappy GunZ 2 they have on Steam. So I decided to look for the best server I can find that's active. I found Freestyle GunZ. I went on the website, created an account, downloaded the launcher, allowed inbound and outbound traffic on firewall settings, excluded from Anti-virus, and launched the launcher. Couldn't see any servers. So what I did was, I tried DISABLING/DISCONNECTING my VPN and ran the launcher to see if it worked. After loading screen, I was able to see the servers listed. I chose FGunZ official server and logged in. While creating my character I get kicked back to login screen and no servers were showing again. I tried to go to the fgunz website, but I keep getting an error connection (I had internet as I was able to go to any website). Launching the launcher I couldn't even connect. Basically I've been cut off from FGunz. I then decided to turn on my VPN again. After connecting through the VPN, I was able to access the website and launcher again. There was a button "Refresh IP" at the top of the website. So I clicked, and tried logging in again. It told me "You are bannned." Basically that's my predicament. I cannot access FGunz website and launcher UNLESS I am connected to VPN and I can see servers, but if I disconnect, I can't access anything, and I can only see login servers when I'm disconnected. Above all else I have been banned. New account, didn't even create a character yet, and it's basically safe to guess that my VPN has caused all this. This is sad, I am stopped from playing the beautiful game. Hope a solution comes up.

Thanks! And sorry for the long read, lol.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    The system auto-banned you for security reasons.

Try again without VPN.
    (It might auto-ban you again if you switch back and forth from no VPN to VPN.)

3. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Canpai (06-04-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    The system auto-banned you for security reasons.

Try again without VPN.
    (It might auto-ban you again if you switch back and forth from no VPN to VPN.)
    Oh wow, thank you so much! It's working perfectly now with my VPN turned off, and I can login! I will note and remember to turn off my VPN every time I play FGunZ. Thanks McSic for the speedy response and instant solution!

Thread Information