Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    hello. I've been told "newgen" GMs are not allowed to host events anymore with the addition of a rule made by miranda, who I might add has left the server.

I think its quite an odd rule to say that only if you've been a GM for longer than an arbitrary, non defined amount of time, then you're allowed to host. The description of the role game moderator in the stafflist clearly says "People who keep order in Freestyle GunZ. Enforcing rules, remove hackers, host events every now and then and solve your everyday GunZ problems.
    so how can you exclude certain game moderators from hosting and others not?
    the rule might have been removed already however charm told me she can't host because of it which is why I've suggested it in the first place.

2. The following 5 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Mario (06-10-2017), Rosalinda (06-09-2017), Shayla (06-08-2017), Zabu (06-08-2017), «Benjamin» (06-08-2017)

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    The rule is valid upon those who weren't event team members in the past or became gm after 2013, from what I see it's only 3 gms and two of them don't host anyway.
    Last edited by León; 06-08-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by León View Post
    The rule is valid upon those who weren't event team members in the past or became gm after 2013, from what I see it's only 3 gms and two of them don't host anyway.
    it could also be that they never host because of the rule, but its always nice to have the possibility for a GM to host if say, event moderators are sleeping or unavailable at the time.

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I agree, Charm Hye is more active than the OFFICIAL EM's, she was hosting in the past, she was as good as the current ETS, so I'd like to see her hosting again, cuz some days we dont play any event(s).

6. The following user said thank you to Zabu for this useful post:

Bunny (06-08-2017)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Because everyone but Charm has basically done some sort of "training", the ones before 2013 are experienced and the others (like Leo and I for example) has been ET's. With newer GMs there has been alot of problems regarding events, not to mention how very unfair it is towards the ET's that has to undergo training for it while a GM gets it "for free" when training for something completely different.

8. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Canpai (06-08-2017)

Thanks
    It isn't like hosting an event would be that much of a difficulty per se (speaking from experience, been developer at 2 servers, co-owner at 1 and GM at 1 in the past), I don't know why you would need such a special treatment to be able to host a private server event in such an old game. That being said the whole point of creating an Event Team in the past was that when GMs are busy or inactive at the time the playerbase doesn't feel left out and to take some weight off the GM's back. Yes, experience in hosting events is not a bad thing, but everyone gotta start somewhere, and it ain't like it couldn't be started without any experience, it's mostly a learn-to-go thing.

10. The following user said thank you to Banjee for this useful post:

Zabu (06-08-2017)

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    It isn't like hosting an event would be that much of a difficulty per se (speaking from experience, been developer at 2 servers, co-owner at 1 and GM at 1 in the past), I don't know why you would need such a special treatment to be able to host a private server event in such an old game. That being said the whole point of creating an Event Team in the past was that when GMs are busy or inactive at the time the playerbase doesn't feel left out and to take some weight off the GM's back. Yes, experience in hosting events is not a bad thing, but everyone gotta start somewhere, and it ain't like it couldn't be started without any experience, it's mostly a learn-to-go thing.
    You need experience, It's not that hosting a event is hard its that you guys make it hard.

Having experienced people host games is ideal since they know what to do in most situations, So logically we rather have people host event's that applied for ET then people who didn't.

I'm sure most of you think everything is done very easy, But honestly it's not there is a reason why there is some sort of training for it.

P.S i'm sure charm can host a event but it's no reason to remove a rule just for her.
    Last edited by Rain; 06-08-2017 at 03:42 PM.

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Rain for this useful post:

Canpai (06-08-2017), Linzor (06-08-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    so youre mentioning how the event team passed training and has experience with hosting events, and yet somehow we get to a situation theres 3 rerounds of dodgeball because the host which was an event moderator
    -accidentally left the room
    -suicided by his own rockets
    -left to get admin rings.
    my point is, everyone make mistakes, im not ranting about any specific event moderator or game moderator. they all started somewhere, and mistakes are part of the process of learning. i personally prefer any event than have none because there are no willing-to-host event moderators and some gms are not allowed to host, and by making those mistakes that might not happen in the first place, you train more people to host events and make the server more active.
    but if you wanna keep it at 1 set a day and at some days no sets at all, sure.

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    so youre mentioning how the event team passed training and has experience with hosting events, and yet somehow we get to a situation theres 3 rerounds of dodgeball because the host which was an event moderator
    -accidentally left the room
    -suicided by his own rockets
    -left to get admin rings.
    my point is, everyone make mistakes, im not ranting about any specific event moderator or game moderator. they all started somewhere, and mistakes are part of the process of learning. i personally prefer any event than have none because there are no willing-to-host event moderators and some gms are not allowed to host, and by making those mistakes that might not happen in the first place, you train more people to host events and make the server more active.
    but if you wanna keep it at 1 set a day and at some days no sets at all, sure.
    ET's aren't robots they are human so yes even ET's that have done training can make mistakes.

So it seems that the problem lays at the lack of event's being hosted.
    Maybe you should make a thread about that instead.

15. The following user said thank you to Rain for this useful post:

TomasEdison (06-08-2017)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Won't see me hosting an event ever, just throwing it out there...

Whatcha are all implying is that you would like to see 'Charmed' hosting since Linzor/Omma/Zone/Leo/Taint/Legancy are already pretty much qualified todo so due to past experience.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information