Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tenax's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    ET's aren't robots they are human so yes even ET's that have done training can make mistakes.

So it seems that the problem lays at the lack of event's being hosted.
    Maybe you should make a thread about that instead.
    I completely agree with everything he just said - But I see your point about the events not being hosted as frequently as you all wish it to be; but you know, even ets can get busy, but I am sure someday we'll of course add new ETs, I personally try to host as much as I can, still, it's normal to **** up even when it is me, heh. So yeh, I do believe Charm is an amazing helper, but it is not in my hands or the ET to decide on such rules AFTER all.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Tenax for this useful post:

k1ng_musa (06-08-2017), Ricky (06-08-2017), Sam (06-09-2017)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    You need experience, It's not that hosting a event is hard its that you guys make it hard.

Having experienced people host games is ideal since they know what to do in most situations, So logically we rather have people host event's that applied for ET then people who didn't.

I'm sure most of you think everything is done very easy, But honestly it's not there is a reason why there is some sort of training for it.

P.S i'm sure charm can host a event but it's no reason to remove a rule just for her.
    This^

Another thing is that being an ET or a GM is two completely different things, I'd hire someone specific for ET and another specific for GM because they're two different people, good at two different things. Many past GM's who's been hosting events and failed miserably just didn't connect with the players the same way the ET's do (that you know got that kind of reputation with the players), not all GM's are as patient as the ET's when it comes to hosting events or care as much about the rules and that's something that you'll find out if the ET's is or isn't during their trial.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    This^

Another thing is that being an ET or a GM is two completely different things, I'd hire someone specific for ET and another specific for GM because they're two different people, good at two different things. Many past GM's who's been hosting events and failed miserably just didn't connect with the players the same way the ET's do (that you know got that kind of reputation with the players), not all GM's are as patient as the ET's when it comes to hosting events or care as much about the rules and that's something that you'll find out if the ET's is or isn't during their trial.
    i agree, GMs are different from EMs in many aspects. however the rule is very generalized considering, some GMs can be "oldgens" and lack that connection with players and ability to host like event moderators do, and some "newgens" do have that connection and are able to host just fine, which means the rule should be altered/not be in place. if a game moderator thinks he cant host because he disagrees with things or lacks the connection and ability, i'm sure he can decide for himself if he should be hosting or not just as much as he's deciding if someone's a hacker or not.

5. The following 2 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Zabu (06-08-2017)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i agree, GMs are different from EMs in many aspects. however the rule is very generalized considering, some GMs can be "oldgens" and lack that connection with players and ability to host like event moderators do, and some "newgens" do have that connection and are able to host just fine, which means the rule should be altered/not be in place. if a game moderator thinks he cant host because he disagrees with things or lacks the connection and ability, i'm sure he can decide for himself if he should be hosting or not just as much as he's deciding if someone's a hacker or not.
    Then I refer to my first post and you'll get my answer for what you just wrote.

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Won't see me hosting an event ever, just throwing it out there...

Whatcha are all implying is that you would like to see 'Charmed' hosting since Linzor/Omma/Zone/Leo/Taint/Legancy are already pretty much qualified todo so due to past experience.
    TBH, our 'oldgen' GMs aren't active in-game that much, but there are some who plays on alt accounts and they resigned from the EM rank for a reason, but our point is that Charm has the experience to host a whole set without any problems even tot she didn't pass 'et trial', Charm is very active plus there are like 5~6 hours in her timezone the EMs dont host at all cuz they cant play in that time, and people QQ n spam her to host, but sadly she cant, even tot Charm is a GM but still she has to enjoy the events as much as we enjoy it but, for her timezone that will be hard for her.

and i agree with Rain that the ET's aren't robots, about the dodgeball event today there were 34 players and they all were fokn spamming the chat, and i bet the host LOGGED IN just to host, so i think you cant blame him / her if he/she forgot the weapons/admin rig after he/she was playing TDM / GLAD again mistakes happens.
    and the host didn't he did re the 3 rounds lol so idk what is ur point.

I never said ET's dont do their job, THEY DO IT very well, but the problem still here the delay between the sets(they usually host 3 sets a day), and yes more events more fun.
    Last edited by Zabu; 06-08-2017 at 05:31 PM.

8. The following user said thank you to Zabu for this useful post:

Cid (06-10-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    and i agree with Rain that the ET's aren't robots, about the dodgeball event today there were 34 players and they all were fokn spamming the chat, and i bet the host LOGGED IN just to host, so i think you cant blame him / her if he/she forgot the weapons/admin rig after he/she was playing TDM / GLAD again mistakes happens.
    and the host didn't he did re the 3 rounds lol so idk what is ur point.[/B][/U]
    my point by mentioning it is that game moderators can do these mistakes just as event moderators can, and therefore it is unjustified to deny their ability to host based on join date and the fact they havent underwent "special training", because you mostly learn as u go.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Request title to be changed to 'Let Charm host events' since all other are already qualified to do so.

Anyways I'm happy for Charm to host events providing there was never any issues when she did host.

Or

Give Charm a trial basis with hosting alongside other event team members for 2 weeks, who can then take a vote to see if she's qualified to handle events alone. (Providing whiney players don't start with 'ET apps never opened why does she get this chance)

Such a suggestion will have to pass through Dave/McSic though first, you never know they may decide to open apps altogether come V8 to increase not just Event Team activity at all times but also Game Moderation activity aswell.. (New staff outside of the current time zones)

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Canpai (06-08-2017), Paris (06-08-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Request title to be changed to 'Let Charm host events' since all other are already qualified to do so.

Anyways I'm happy for Charm to host events providing there was never any issues when she did host.

Or

Give Charm a trial basis with hosting alongside other event team members for 2 weeks, who can then take a vote to see if she's qualified to handle events alone. (Providing whiney players don't start with 'ET apps never opened why does she get this chance)

Such a suggestion will have to pass through Dave/McSic though first, you never know they may decide to open apps altogether come V8 to increase not just Event Team activity at all times but also Game Moderation activity aswell.. (New staff outside of the current time zones)
    and keep the rule in place? maybe, but consider the potential new-to-come game moderators aswell, like i said in my most recent post, if a game moderator, just like your for example, cannot or does not want to host, then he simply wont, you dont have to make a rule for them not to.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    and keep the rule in place? maybe, but consider the potential new-to-come game moderators aswell, like i said in my most recent post, if a game moderator, just like your for example, cannot or does not want to host, then he simply wont, you dont have to make a rule for them not to.
    Yes keep the rule in place, this entire thread is aimed towards Charm, the point of Event Team is host events and the point of Game Moderators is to Moderate, if we give let's say the future GMs the ability to host events then we may aswell scrap the Event Team role and train everyone to be able to do both Moderate and Events, meaning we would have let's say 10 Game Moderators in total, so that way theres never any excuse for the Moderation and Hosting side of things to ever become slacking in activity because it'll be everyone's job to handle reports/unbans/host events/help players

- - - Updated - - -

Yes keep the rule in place, this entire thread is aimed towards Charm, the point of Event Team is host events and the point of Game Moderators is to Moderate, if we give let's say the future GMs the ability to host events then we may aswell scrap the Event Team role and train everyone to be able to do both Moderate and Events, meaning we would have let's say 10 Game Moderators in total, so that way theres never any excuse for the Moderation and Hosting side of things to ever become slacking in activity because it'll be everyone's job to handle reports/unbans/host events/help players

14. The following user said thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Canpai (06-08-2017)

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    that reminded me of zexi for some reason

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information