Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Yes I think the rule should stay but Connor made a good point there that Charm can attend the ET trial as if it were to be her own. But I don't like the idea of new gms just be able to jump into it without any experience.

Charm Hye's Avatar ☆The Three Koreateers

Country
    Thanks
    Since I'm like the most topic here. I'm going to share my thoughts or experience I guess?
    Note: No hard feelings, no bitterness. XD

I know that being an ET is not an easy job. Yes, I've tried hosting alone before,and I panicked at first, but I trained on my own, I host events for fun or help players who wants to do an event.
    Asked some of the ET's that time(Matt, Perfect, Adri, & Cid) what to do, and I'll type it on my notepad and understand it.
    When the ET's host and I'll be one of the helpers, I'll just watch what they are doing or what to do when this or that happens etc,. I'm a very observant person though I'm a silent type, but after I watch them I can easily understand and follow it or you can call it fast-learner *smirks*.

Hosting is nice and somewhat stressing, many players will spam you like 'blah is lagging, blah is spiking' and you can't reply to that player because there are tons of players whispering you, and for chocolate's sake that player has colors. Few minutes after, he will say 'why ignore my whisper? there's someone lagging dude, slap the guy'. And there's a lot of panic moments that ET's absolutely extremely definitely 100% without a doubt knows and feels about it.

So, in my opinion about this suggestion. About the new rule?
    Well, I don't have any problems about it. I know it's not really my responsibility to host events.
    It's not an easy task for me to host too, because I already have a responsibility.
    Being a GM makes my eyes hurt sometimes just by watching replays over and over again, tons of player whispers you in-game for help, etc.etc.. But I love my job. *pouts*

Though, I'm still willing to help ET's, 'cause I love 'em. *winks*

PS: Just gonna share my unforgettable moment when I hosted The Stalker. Click here.
    Last edited by Charm Hye; 06-08-2017 at 07:44 PM.

❤❤❤ Charm Hye ❤❤❤
    To be F E A R L E S S is to F E A R

The pen is my sword for I am the warrior of words.
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/noona_ssi

3. The following 7 users say thank you to Charm Hye for this useful post:

Canpai (06-08-2017), Cid (06-10-2017), Eagle (06-08-2017), Rain (06-08-2017), Rosalinda (06-09-2017), Shlefen (06-09-2017), Zabu (06-08-2017)

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Let's make something different here, and no one would 'qq' for saying thats unfair, lets get Charm 'into ET trial' for 1 week she can host only with an official ET, and after the week the OFFICIAL ETs decide if she can host or no.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    Let's make something different here, and no one would 'qq' for saying thats unfair, lets get Charm 'into ET trial' for 1 week she can host only with an official ET, and after the week the OFFICIAL ETs decide if she can host or no.
    Yeah we only just said that, do you even read?

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    if we give let's say the future GMs the ability to host events then we may aswell scrap the Event Team role and train everyone to be able to do both Moderate and Events, meaning we would have let's say 10 Game Moderators in total, so that way theres never any excuse for the Moderation and Hosting side of things to ever become slacking in activity because it'll be everyone's job to handle reports/unbans/host events/help players
    thats gonna be problematic considering if they do do such a thing that means hosting would be a requirement for game moderators which basically means youre even adding on top of all the responsibility you mentioned they already have earlier
    i dont think the rule should stay in place simply because if the GMs got time, as there are no reports or things they have to do which might be rare but is still a possibility, they should atleast be able to host if they want to make the community enjoy sum eventos

perhaps you can give any gm that wishes for it a 1 week trial that he could do every maybe 6 months (incase he fails, if he succeeds theres no point) if he's already a gm and wishes to gain the ability to host as an event moderator.
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-08-2017 at 08:17 PM.

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    well if the server lack events, then Dave or McSic can open et apps why do you put it on the gms bro.
    if they think what's going on is fine, then its fine.

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Sam for this useful post:

k1ng_musa (06-09-2017), Ricky (06-09-2017)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    Because everyone but Charm has basically done some sort of "training", the ones before 2013 are experienced and the others (like Leo and I for example) has been ET's. With newer GMs there has been alot of problems regarding events, not to mention how very unfair it is towards the ET's that has to undergo training for it while a GM gets it "for free" when training for something completely different.
    Let her co-host once in a while so she get's that training?

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    It isn't like hosting an event would be that much of a difficulty per se (speaking from experience, been developer at 2 servers, co-owner at 1 and GM at 1 in the past), I don't know why you would need such a special treatment to be able to host a private server event in such an old game. That being said the whole point of creating an Event Team in the past was that when GMs are busy or inactive at the time the playerbase doesn't feel left out and to take some weight off the GM's back. Yes, experience in hosting events is not a bad thing, but everyone gotta start somewhere, and it ain't like it couldn't be started without any experience, it's mostly a learn-to-go thing.
    Oh boy you haven't met people that are joining these events. Kids crying 24/7. You kinda need experience and alot of patience to deal with them or else you will black out from the shit that they gonna give you.

On Topic:

Event Team is there for a reason. Dunno why you guys need more events. There are plenty of events going on everyday in this server. Sure Charm can host but she is already doing another job for the server. If E.T apps open again she can make an application and I'm sure she will get the position.

Every Team has its role in this server and it should be this way.
    Last edited by Sunfire; 06-09-2017 at 09:50 AM.

11. The following user said thank you to Sunfire for this useful post:

Ricky (06-09-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Oh boy you haven't met people that are joining these events. Kids crying 24/7. You kinda need experience and alot of patience to deal with them or else you will black out from the shit that they gonna give you.

On Topic:

Event Team is there for a reason. Dunno why you guys need more events. There are plenty of events going on everyday in this server. Sure Charm can host but she is already doing another job for the server. If E.T apps open again she can make an application and I'm sure she will get the position.

Every Team has its role in this server and it should be this way.
    If youre think there are plenty of events right now then youre wrong, which makes sense, cause you wouldnt play them to know. If we have people willing and able to host events, why deny it from them?

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Stop making such a fuss over "events" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information