Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks
    Dave, just cuz i'm curious... can u check the date I started this game? so I mean the regristration?

Also to Mex and the others: That's why I made it 2010 its a nice year and I thought it would be more rare. if you make it 2012 then like 50% more people will have it.

Actually the idea about a coat for every year would be awesome too, then u start with coats from 2008 u the ones in the year u regristed. So when a player started in October 2009 he can buy the coats from 2009- 2017 and then the items gets more rare the lower it goes and the the lower the year the more spectacular the coat has to be. So the 2017 just simply a white coat with 2017 on and the one with 2009 a very flashy one, idk :p

Rain, a symbol on the website is also ok for me, but I really meant something iG xD nonetheless ig would be fun too, and nice ur going to add it in v8... (pro-alert )

Also Dave, we can always do it form 2009 or even earlier hahaha ^^
    The JJang u mean Rain, is it the one from previous in the game then or an interily new one like: Vet 2009 above the name (with vet above the 2009 in like a nice letter/color style, or background...)

I appreciate that this suggestion is being take this serious so far and i'd love that something would realy come for players older then 2010..and those year coats, nice suggestion too Lenny!!

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by stefaan_2af View Post
    Dave, just cuz i'm curious... can u check the date I started this game? so I mean the regristration?

Also to Mex and the others: That's why I made it 2010 its a nice year and I thought it would be more rare. if you make it 2012 then like 50% more people will have it.

Actually the idea about a coat for every year would be awesome too, then u start with coats from 2008 u the ones in the year u regristed. So when a player started in October 2009 he can buy the coats from 2009- 2017 and then the items gets more rare the lower it goes and the the lower the year the more spectacular the coat has to be. So the 2017 just simply a white coat with 2017 on and the one with 2009 a very flashy one, idk :p

Rain, a symbol on the website is also ok for me, but I really meant something iG xD nonetheless ig would be fun too, and nice ur going to add it in v8... (pro-alert )

The JJang u mean Rain, is it the one from previous in the game then or an interily new one like: Vet 2009 above the name (with vet above the 2009 in like a nice letter/color style, or background...)

I appreciate that this suggestion is being take this serious so far and i'd love that something would realy come for players older then 2010..and those year coats, nice suggestion too Lenny!!
    We had a database wipe back in November 2009 so that's our first recorded FGunZ account. That means we can't really do it of any earlier date without having to do tons of manual checks whether someone actually played before November 2009.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks

i would personally prefer if the thing that would determine whether players deserve the different jjangs or coats or whatever they decide to add is by actual playtime in hours rather than your registration date. it was discussed here before but even people like you who have registered december 2010 and only have 8 posts on the forum, it doesnt really show youre active on the game because the forums are a part of it too if theyre going to consider adding a rank/whatever for players on the forum that are considered 'veterans'.

you could easily have registered back in 2009 and quit for 8 years and decide to come back, that doesnt make you special though.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

stefaan_2af (06-15-2017)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We had a database wipe back in November 2009 so that's our first recorded FGunZ account. That means we can't really do it of any earlier date without having to do tons of manual checks whether someone actually played before November 2009.
    Now that's a disappointment indeed. But then you can still see the persons who regristed later and the ones who aren't regristed anymore due the database wipe are considered older then? That way you can still find out pretty quick. The leftovers are older then November 2009

A more practical question: Should my suggestion make it in a way (like (year) 'veteran' coat or veteran tag or a JJANG), What would be the estimated time to have it realized in the actual game? Would it be with the V8 update or something (no clue when that is tho)?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i would personally prefer if the thing that would determine whether players deserve the different jjangs or coats or whatever they decide to add is by actual playtime in hours rather than your registration date. it was discussed here before but even people like you who have registered december 2010 and only have 8 posts on the forum, it doesnt really show youre active on the game because the forums are a part of it too if theyre going to consider adding a rank/whatever for players on the forum that are considered 'veterans'.

you could easily have registered back in 2009 and quit for 8 years and decide to come back, that doesnt make you special though.
    Yes on the forum that's true.. that's why there are separate 'decorations' such as ELITE etc on the Forum and not in the Actual game. And its true I don't deserve anything for my participation in post on the forum. But I have been active at least 1-2 days/week (minimum) on the game this past years. And there isn't a special recognition for it on the game itself. That's actually the point of this suggestion. Ofcourse it can grow bigger such as Lenny said about the year coats, which is in my opinion, also a great idea. As as I said before: I said to give it to old account so that it would we a rare item for people who contributed their half life in it (like me). If everyone has it you can also make everyone an ELITE member on the Forum. And your thing about hours is also nice.. but then I think its better that player who play everyday 1hour for 8years are better then someone who plays 10hours a day for 1 year and then quits. And he'll have as much (actually more) hours then the old player who is dedicated to it for a way longer time. Many people are like with toys...they like it for 2 weeks and then they want an other.

But that's my opinion about it. I respect everyone opinion ofcourse.. that's why I suggested it to see how other people think about this issue

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Now that's a disappointment indeed. But then you can still see the persons who regristed later and the ones who aren't regristed anymore due the database wipe are considered older then? That way you can still find out pretty quick. The leftovers are older then November 2009

A more practical question: Should my suggestion make it in a way (like (year) 'veteran' coat or veteran tag or a JJANG), What would be the estimated time to have it realized in the actual game? Would it be with the V8 update or something (no clue when that is tho)?
    It's unlikely that an actual item for such thing will come with v8 in its initial release. As a feature on the website will be fairly easy to implement.

Even if the item stuff were to be added, we want to avoid having to do any manual checks as it can be very time consuming to do it for tens or even hundreds of people.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

8. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

stefaan_2af (06-15-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information