View Poll Results: Do you have a 32bit or 64bit windows operating system?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a 32bit operating system

5 18.52%
  • I have a 64bit operating system.

22 81.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    I've made gunz a 64bit application, the benefits of which include better mem usage, ability to use more memory (which means we can add more items, more complex maps, etc). However, I need to know how many of you still have 32bit systems, based on that i'll either do just a 64bit client, or i'll build a 32bit and a 64bit client (which is more complicated since i have to fix some errors that occur between the matchserver and client).

2. The following 6 users say thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Activa (06-17-2017), Canpai (06-17-2017), Pharaoh (06-17-2017), Pigglet (06-17-2017), Ranger (06-17-2017), Zabu (06-17-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Question; If you build a 64 bit system does that mean those who run at 32bit will not be able to play?

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by 1v1 View Post
    Question; If you build a 64 bit system does that mean those who run at 32bit will not be able to play?
    Yes, which is why I need a poll. If a fair amount of people still have a 32bit system, I'll make 2 clients, a 32bit and a 64bit.

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Yes, which is why I need a poll. If a fair amount of people still have a 32bit system, I'll make 2 clients, a 32bit and a 64bit.
    Just make two cause many people have 32bit and they dont have forum acc lol.

Country
    Thanks
    There should be no poll. You should do both providing you are serious enough about this. Why? Because we have many who do not come to the forums who play in-game, therefore they could be running 32 bit systems and then 1 day bang they can't play because you've only developed the 64 bit system. Same could be said if the server pulls in new players, designing a game to only run a 64 bit system without 32 bit capability is stupid and will kill FGunZ quicker.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    There should be no poll. You should do both providing you are serious enough about this. Why? Because we have many who do not come to the forums who play in-game, therefore they could be running 32 bit systems and then 1 day bang they can't play because you've only developed the 64 bit system. Same could be said if the server pulls in new players, designing a game to only run a 64 bit system without 32 bit capability is stupid and will kill FGunZ quicker.
    most new games are 64bit only now, how am I supposed to know how many people here still play on potatoes. I make the poll precisly b/c if 5 out of 250 players have 32bit, i'd sacrifice their playing to make gunz code more streamlined. It's a matter of code quality vs appeasing a potentially tiny amount of players. be happy i made a poll and didn't just say "**** everyone with 32bit systems"

8. The following 4 users say thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Bunny (06-17-2017), Charm Hye (06-17-2017), StephanM (06-17-2017), xPeace (06-17-2017)

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Ya kno 50/250 playing on cafes and the cafes pc's r potatoes as shet
    And you rarely find 64 on cafes so as 1v1 said you will kill the game faster.

Country
    Thanks
    most new games are 64bit only now, how am I supposed to know how many people here still play on potatoes. I make the poll precisly b/c if 5 out of 250 players have 32bit, i'd sacrifice their playing to make gunz code more streamlined. It's a matter of code quality vs appeasing a potentially tiny amount of players. be happy i made a poll and didn't just say "**** everyone with 32bit systems"
    Then i'd say **** you as a developer if that was your mind set. I'm not even here to argue with you. 5 players is still 5 players more. Those 5 players could be players who have donated tens/hundreds of dollars to the server and you are willing to just push them aside. Maybe people choose to play GunZ, play GunZ because they can't run upto date games. Many of players in India / Venezuela / Israel are Cafe users, you really think they are playing on high end CPUs?

11. The following 2 users say thank you to 1v1 for this useful post:

Camel (06-17-2017), loneeagle (06-17-2017)

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    What if those 5 players donated, you gonna forbid from playing lol.
    Will that be fair? Lol. If so, will u give them their money back?
    TBH this is a stupid idea.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Then i'd say **** you as a developer if that was your mind set. I'm not even here to argue with you. 5 players is still 5 players more. Those 5 players could be players who have donated tens/hundreds of dollars to the server and you are willing to just push them aside. Maybe people choose to play GunZ, play GunZ because they can't run upto date games. Many of players in India / Venezuela / Israel are Cafe users, you really think they are playing on high end CPUs?
    You do not need to have a high end pc for 64 bit OS, but basically Window 8 and up is 64 bit OS.. aka what most people should have by now.
    Example of how many people already moved onto windows 10 (https://news.microsoft.com/bythenumbers/windows-ten), so I understand his pov on going to 64 if he can get more out of it for GunZ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information