View Poll Results: Do you have a 32bit or 64bit windows operating system?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a 32bit operating system

5 18.52%
  • I have a 64bit operating system.

22 81.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    You do not need to have a high end pc for 64 bit OS, but basically Window 8 and up is 64 bit OS.. aka what most people should have by now.
    Example of how many people already moved onto windows 10 (https://news.microsoft.com/bythenumbers/windows-ten), so I understand his pov on going to 64 if he can get more out of it for GunZ.
    I've played in Cafe's they run XP and W7 if you are lucky, I'd like to hear from a Administrator perspective on how many players amongst the database are playing in Cafe's and don't hold a forum account. My reasoning for the high end CPU side of things isn't more for the OS side of things but more for that fact he mentioned other games, other games require a decent CPU to play them at a good amount of FPS, something which GunZ does not to some extent, so if GunZ is the only game they play people aren't botherd about having a high end CPU and will stick to there potatoes they have ran since IGunZ / IJJI.

What FGunZ lacks isn't more items or more maps it's player base and he's willing to give up players so he can add those new things? Other servers allow players to play with all operating systems, but Jetman want's to make FGunZ only compatible for 64bit users potentially making the playerbase less. It doesn't make sense to me. Why? Because I'm not a coder, I'm a player, I don't come on GunZ to look at how poorly optimised it is or poorly coded things are, I come online to play against vast amount of players, like allot of other players do, this update he's wanting to do will lower that.

Make both or don't do any it's that simple to me.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by 1v1 View Post
    I've played in Cafe's they run XP and W7 if you are lucky, I'd like to hear from a Administrator perspective on how many players amongst the database are playing in Cafe's and don't hold a forum account. My reasoning for the high end CPU side of things isn't more for the OS side of things but more for that fact he mentioned other games, other games require a decent CPU to play them at a good amount of FPS, something which GunZ does not to some extent, so if GunZ is the only game they play people aren't botherd about having a high end CPU and will stick to there potatoes they have ran since IGunZ / IJJI.

What FGunZ lacks isn't more items or more maps it's player base and he's willing to give up players so he can add those new things? Other servers allow players to play with all operating systems, but Jetman want's to make FGunZ only compatible for 64bit users potentially making the playerbase less. It doesn't make sense to me. Why? Because I'm not a coder, I'm a player, I don't come on GunZ to look at how poorly optimised it is or poorly coded things are, I come online to play against vast amount of players, like allot of other players do, this update he's wanting to do will lower that.

Make both or don't do any it's that simple to me.
    You need to understand that were living in 2017. Barely anyone has 32bit systems left and if they do--they probably cant run many other games or even barely run chrome for that matter. Why do you wish to force upon developers a hard life living in the past allowing gunz to stay that "old game" that new people never come to? They are NOT going to come to the game if they keep the game old, unoptimized and lacking things other games have developed years ago.
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-17-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    You need to understand that were living in 2017. Barely anyone has 32bit systems left and if they do--they probably cant run many other games or even barely run chrome for that matter. Why do you wish to force upon developers a hard life living in the past allowing gunz to stay that "old game" that new people never come to? They are NOT going to come to the game if they keep the game old, unoptimized and lacking things ither games have developed years ago.
    Not sure if you even read what I said, but let me break it down to you is the simple form.

Cafe users windows xp
    Many users on windows xp use 32bit
    Many users on w7 still 32 bit
    I bet many users on FgunZ play in cafes (Admins/Gm's can confirm)
    They can't run many games therefore they play GunZ cause they can run it and enjoy it
    There's another server in competition with this server in terms player base still allow 32bit & 64bit
    New players don't come because of optimisation and lacking things, they don't come because there's 0 advertisement for the game anymore, because when new players do come they are facing players who have played for years.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Then i'd say **** you as a developer if that was your mind set. I'm not even here to argue with you. 5 players is still 5 players more. Those 5 players could be players who have donated tens/hundreds of dollars to the server and you are willing to just push them aside. Maybe people choose to play GunZ, play GunZ because they can't run upto date games. Many of players in India / Venezuela / Israel are Cafe users, you really think they are playing on high end CPUs?
    With that mindset you wouldnt last as a developer, on the long run it wouldnt be profitable. I get what you're saying though, it would be nice to support those little people but in reality you most likely wouldn't succeed.

Want to remind you that Jetman is also doing all of this for free as a hobby. I also think he's doing right in thinking of the majority instead of the minority as it would be more benificial.

Not too many new people showing up is because of alot more reasons than that they're getting beaten ingame. Imo I think we'd gain more people if we focused on what people care about these days. An old outdated looking game is just going to die if there's nothing new/attractive elements coming to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, fyi everyone, there's a shitton playing from internet cafés
    Last edited by Linzor; 06-17-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    With that mindset you wouldnt last as a developer, on the long run it wouldnt be profitable. I get what you're saying though, it would be nice to support those little people but in reality you most likely wouldn't succeed.

Want to remind you that Jetman is also doing all of this for free as a hobby. I also think he's doing right in thinking of the majority instead of the minority as it would be more benificial.

Not too many new people showing up is because of alot more reasons than that they're getting beaten ingame. Imo I think we'd gain more people if we focused on what people care about these days. An old outdated looking game is just going to die if there's nothing new/attractive elements coming to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, fyi everyone, there's a shitton playing from internet cafés
    I'm not a developer. GunZ has supported the 'the little people' for the best part of 14 years why change it now? They did that with GunZ 2 and it failed drastically.

I understand he's doing it all as a hobby, so why do it atall? Why do something that doesn't need to be done? Thinking of what majority though? The main concern is player base for a game like GunZ and this update he wants to do will lower the player count.

Imo we wouldn't gain new players unless they change the whole mechanics of GunZ and even then it'd need to be advertised ALLOT across multiple platforms etc which will never happen, this is a Private Server. A server I will not mention already pulls in more players that FGunZ currently does and has no issues with there players, how will this update he wants to do benefit FGunZ exactly? What will his update do for the 1 thing we lack most? Players, as someone mentioned is he willing to pay back players who may have donated who are running 32 bit systems so they can goto the server that allows them to run on 32 bit and donate there instead?

Exactly FGunZ has a shitton and a shitton who are most likely running 32bit systems and don't even come to the forums to have a say in this vote.

Again if he's going to do anything then create both not just 64 bit.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    For your information; gunz 2 has failed for MANY reasons, a 64bit based game was not one of them.

Country
    Thanks
    For your information; gunz 2 has failed for MANY reasons, a 64bit based game was not one of them.
    Will you stop commenting? I've been over your other responses in other threads, when it comes to debating you half ass read comments. OFC 64 bit wasn't the reason, the reason what they tried to modernise the game to keep up to date with newer games resulting in a fail.

8. The following 4 users say thank you to 1v1 for this useful post:

Aredus (06-17-2017), Mex (06-17-2017), Ricky (06-17-2017), Shlefen (06-17-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Will you stop commenting? I've been over your other responses in other threads, when it comes to debating you half ass read comments. OFC 64 bit wasn't the reason, the reason what they tried to modernise the game to keep up to date with newer games resulting in a fail.
    Yes, so the solution is to kill the game in its unoptimized state, over time, instead of doing what they can to try and revive it. Seems like a solid solution.
    Ginz 2 was almost nothing like gunz1, it had nothing to do with trying to improve gunz 1, it was just an entire new game if you would.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    He doesnt know how to stop, trust me we've all tried.

I agree with almost everything you wrote as a response to my post. I forgot to say though that in this case I think we shouldn't add this simply because there are alot of people that play from café's, more than most people would think. The only time they come to this forum is to get unbanned basically lol (many of them tries a hack and gets 5+ other people banned in the process)

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

1v1 (06-17-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Yes, so the solution is to kill the game in its unoptimized state, over time, instead of doing what they can to try and revive it. Seems like a solid solution.
    Let me guess you like to quest, sit in training rooms, play events and lurk on the forums to try and make smart ass comments? Am I right? Because literally you don't understand the concept of what GunZ is, GunZ is enjoyable because of what the game is, changing to much about GunZ may pull NEW NEVER PLAYED players in, however you will also lose the older players who play GunZ because of the way the game is, those players will then go to the contending server making that player base even larger, then it's a case of how long will those NEW NEVER PLAYED players will stick around, eventually resulting in the a bigger loss than gain to the player base.

Let me ask what advertisement can be done to FGunZ with the optimisation to pull in new players? Because this a Private Server I'm sure there's only so much on the legality wise than can be done?

Let me ask what other developers does FGunZ have to carry out the further development if this went ahead and were to be done? Because the way I currently see it is they've just lost one of there best developers S1lent. Secrets and Linear are both gone so even with this optimisation does FGunZ actually hold the developing powers to even improve enough to make the game appeal to a new player base.
    Last edited by 1v1; 06-17-2017 at 03:07 AM.

13. The following 2 users say thank you to 1v1 for this useful post:

Ricky (06-17-2017), rise (06-17-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information