Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description: Clan war improvements

Over the past few days of lurking on the forums, reading blog threads and so on it's come to my attention that developers wish to change/improve GunZ with various updates, but I'm seeing nothing that improves the clan warring system mentioned in any of the V8 blogs (they are mentioned in comments but not in the main posts)

Clan war for me is one the main aspects of GunZ, followed by Team Death Match, Duels , Questing and then Training (That order), many others may have this same opinion as me, therefore I would like to see with V8 some improvements done to help improve Clan War.

Clan Map voting - This was already discussed and self explanatory.

Clan capacity restrictions with opportunity to increase that restriction via points - Many clans amongst the FGunZ are set up not to serve the purpose which is for Clan Warring, they've been created to horde players/friends, by putting a restriction on the amount of players that can be apart of clan this will force players into participating in Clan Wars so they are able to gain points which will then be used to increase their clans capacity. (Additionally as a 'cash builder' member slots could be purchased via donations instead, donations help keep the server going right?)

Future TDM style tournaments - In order for players to participate in future TDM style tournaments they must be ranking within the Clan War page, players who want 'unique items' should be willing to put in more work than just registering for a tournament via a thread on the forums, a tournament is to be hosted 1 month in advance of a particular month and then the top contending clans then have the opportunity to be apart of the tournament.

Clan War prizes - I'm not aware of the financial state of FGunZ therefore I can't comment on what should be done here, maybe someone else can suggest something that will help improve this? Donation coins are fine however since many items are the same and are possible to get everything needed with around $50/60 it's safe to say many players don't need coins. Cash rewards are always nice however encourage allot of extremes in order for players to win that cash. Possibly a 'clan war shop' can be introduced where top 3 clans earn a different form of 'coins' which can be spent to purchase unique items.

Different Game Modes - Currently Clan Warring is of TDM first to 4 wins, how about adding other game modes to 'spice' things up a little? How this would work is at random selection, if/when Clan Map voting is added it will also display the type of 'game mode' that will be played on that map.

Capture The Flag, throughout the lobby page I see players enjoy playing CTF, with adding CTF to the Clan War mode line-up it opens up the Clan War scene to players of that particular game mode, new strategy's to be formed since it's all about 'capturing', rather than killing.

Assassination, this game mode requires the core aspect of Clan Warring which involves eliminating the enemy team however it requires to eliminate 1 player from either team in particular, meaning it gives chance for enemies/team mates to respawn till the opposing teams random selected player is killed, same as above this opens up new strategic plays to be made.

Gladiator, this is a 'grey area', I know allot of players on FGunZ are gladiator players and people will argue that this is a shooting game and not a swording game, however those players still help build the FGunZ player base so rightfully they deserve an opportunity as much as other players to win clan war prizes and so on.
    Last edited by 1v1; 06-18-2017 at 09:06 PM.

2. The following 5 users say thank you to 1v1 for this useful post:

Canpai (06-19-2017), Paris (06-18-2017), TomasEdison (06-20-2017), Tzunami best0 (06-18-2017), Zabu (06-18-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    none of the things mentioned are new concepts and some were suggested with thousands of views and tens of replies on them, besides this one;

Originally Posted by 1v1 View Post
    Future TDM style tournaments - In order for players to participate in future TDM style tournaments they must be ranking within the Clan War page, players who want 'unique items' should be willing to put in more work than just registering for a tournament via a thread on the forums, a tournament is to be hosted 1 month in advance of a particular month and then the top contending clans then have the opportunity to be apart of the tournament.
    which i actually think might be a nice addition.

keep in mind a few of the things youve mentioned require a large amount of coding, map creation, weapon creation, additions to websites, etc. some of these require a large amount of time to do which might delay the upcoming v8 even further, allowing the playerbase to decay further.
    i was actually going to make a suggestion myself about clan wars but nothing alike was mentioned here so im still not sure if i should suggest it or not....

anyways, since some of these were already suggested before ill just keep the retarded responses away for now,

for things like different game modes in clan wars; it wont hurt anyone, especially gladiator clanwars. players who play tdm rarely also play gladiator which means adding such a thing would only contribute to the playerbase playing clan wars.
    i doubt the cash prizes are going to come back, as dave and few other people have said, theyre never coming back. people cannot appreciate it enough and will in turn start ddosing and hacking to get the cash prizes.
    i dont think its fair to restrict clan size and only allowing it to expand further by playing clan wars. not every clan has players willing to cw, some just need a chat where they can all communicate together, etc. i do however think a donation-based expansion would be good. same goes to friendlist expansion
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-18-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Freestyler

Thanks
    The different types of clan wars is a very bad idea cause that stuff isnt meant to be serious

Tzunami best0's Avatar help page 65 pls

Country
    Thanks
    cw map vote forever man

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    The only thing you will probably get from this list is the map voting. That may or may not be in time for V8. Remember they only have one coder left (Jeff), Dave is busy working away on website stuff and then McSic is also busy working on his own set of tasks for V8. Then if I'm being honest I don't expect Jeff will add that feature. So you might get lucky and Mcsic will add it. Cash reward isn't coming back, Dave has said that numerous times. So really you are looking at a man power issue and i don't think any of the others will ever happen. Good ideas none the less though.
    Last edited by S1lent; 06-19-2017 at 05:02 AM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Some of these suggestions have already been implemented.

Thread Information