Charm Hye's Avatar ☆The Three Koreateers

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    I don't know if this is already suggested.

Make email verification mandatory on fgunz.net site upon signing up.

When someone makes an account on fgunz.net needs to have an email-add that is really a site or an email-service.(eg. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com). Before they can login/play, they need a verification code that will be sent to their emails in order to play.

I've seen many players having email like @hello.com, @kappa.com , etc. And it's obviously an invalid/illegal email-service.

And of course, one email for one account only. Want to make a new account? Make a new email.

Basic Benefits:
    For users/players who got banned and they will use some private networks to make a new account. This will help, because they need a new email. (I bet, that he will not make tons of emails for that, or more like this can stall him from playing again.)
    Enhanced account security.
    Avoid bots.
    Admins will not have difficulties assisting the players, when a player have problems on their account.
    Last edited by Charm Hye; 06-23-2017 at 04:48 PM.

❤❤❤ Charm Hye ❤❤❤
    To be F E A R L E S S is to F E A R

The pen is my sword for I am the warrior of words.
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/noona_ssi

2. The following 5 users say thank you to Charm Hye for this useful post:

Eva (06-23-2017), Ricky (06-23-2017), Taint (06-23-2017), Zabu (06-23-2017), «Benjamin» (06-23-2017)

Jaay's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Charm Hye View Post
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    I don't know if this is already suggested.

Make email verification mandatory on fgunz.net site upon signing up.

When someone makes an account on fgunz.net needs to have an email-add that is really a site or an email-service.(eg. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com). Before they can login/play, they need a verification code that will be sent to their emails in order to play.

I've seen many players having email like @hello.com, @kappa.com , etc. And it's obviously an invalid/illegal email-service.

Basic Benefits:
    For users/players who got banned and they will use some private networks to make a new account. This will help, because they need a new email. (I bet, that he will not make tons of emails for that, or more like this can stall him from playing again.)
    Enhanced account security.
    Avoid bots.
    Admins will not have difficulties assisting the players, when a player have problems on their account.
    And how would that change anything on all the accounts (emails) that were made before your suggestion.

AKA 100% of ur playerbase

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jaay View Post
    And how would that change anything on all the accounts (emails) that were made before your suggestion.
    AKA 100% of ur playerbase
    My suggestion can be implemented even if the players doesn't have a legal email-address.

What's the use of the mail system, the admin-popup, the admin wall in-game commands to tell the players who doesn't have a forum account to change their emails, right? There's a lot of ways on how to notice the players about it.
    More importantly, it is also for the players, for their accounts to be secured. It's likely our benefit as a player.

But, if some players don't want to change their illegal emails to a legal one after they've been noticed, it's their loss when they will have/face any problems/difficulties in the future.
    Last edited by Charm Hye; 06-23-2017 at 05:02 PM.

❤❤❤ Charm Hye ❤❤❤

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I've considered this before but there's one really big downside of this: some players can't be bothered to do this and just look for a different server to play on. They don't want to wait 15 minutes for a verification email, they want to play.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Canpai (06-23-2017), yas6en (06-23-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I've considered this before but there's one really big downside of this: some players can't be bothered to do this and just look for a different server to play on. They don't want to wait 15 minutes for a verification email, they want to play.
    This happens, because some doesn't know the benefits of having this kind of feature. Also, for them to know the benefits— you can put a summary/subtext near the label or above the textbox.
    I don't think the email will arrive in 15 minutes all the time, it depends when there's a traffic. It arrives mostly 3-5 minutes.

❤❤❤ Charm Hye ❤❤❤

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Charm Hye View Post
    This happens, because some doesn't know the benefits of having this kind of feature. Also, for them to know the benefits— you can put a summary/subtext near the label or above the textbox.
    I don't think the email will arrive in 15 minutes all the time, it depends when there's a traffic. It arrives mostly 3-5 minutes.
    I see what you're aiming for, trying to improve the security but as Dave already stated, the majority of players hate to wait for verification and trust me, it's not always 3-5 minutes, sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes and there are possibilities that one would not arrive at all.
    There are huge cons about your suggestion, it would be a pain in the ass to make create a code which allows users to create an e-mail only if the e-mail is valid or ends with @yahoo/@gmail but you're missing the point that FG has players from a lot of countries and for instance @walla.com is being used by Israeli people, Dave wouldn't know which country has it's own e-mail domains to whitelist them, that being said, it would lead to difficulties for people who are mostly underage to verify or let alone understand how the system works.

Regarding bots, there are none as far as I'm concerned, as for account security, e-mail is not the only information needed to solve issues, payment transactions can be used, IP addresses and a lot more (which I won't state for security reasons).

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    perhaps i understood incorrectly, but i thought one of the reasons charm put to add the email verification is so that players will be able to recover their account incase of theft or lost username/password, which means, if they do end up entering an invalid email and not caring about verification (they should be able to verify whenever they want with the option of changing email, later), then if they lose their account, its their loss for not choosing to put a valid email address.

- - - Updated - - -

something like an option to select
    (checkbox) would rather not use email verification for now (can be changed later)
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-23-2017 at 11:07 PM.

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    why do we have to wait? make it insta ..

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    why do we have to wait? make it insta ..
    That's not up to Dave, it's up to the domain/email system..

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Thread Information