Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Zeus's Avatar Avalanche Gaming

Country
    Thanks
    Recently download Freestyle GunZ after feeling nostalgic and wanting to play, a friend chucked me some donation items for X amount of days to help in transitioning from what used to be Pioneers and Breaker 9se to what would appear to be customised shotguns such as Genesis Revenge / Duelisto (My current set-up for next 5 days).

My first thought on this server are generally good, I like how ping doesn't play a part in aiming anymore, features such as built in Archtype this means I can change configs without having to redo config file and white maps (Always used to be a Map Pack download), the server it self seems very fluent and not to heavy on my CPU/GPU even my old Windows XP rig doesn't have issues with keeping up with this game. Haven't come across any issues with a language barrier either which is always good, it means there's some form of community reciting here which makes it easier to familirise myself with players on who's good / who's bad and so on. Premium items available at all levels and are FREE, man what I would have done back in 2007 for all the set items at my disposal right now. Avatars these are new right? I don't remember such things being around however they seem cool enough, the mummy is a little aggy for me it seem like a "cheat set" visually hard to see and very slender making aiming a little bit hit or miss time to time.

However there are some bad points, shotgun delays feel overclocked, I have the ability to Reload Shot expecially as a scroll user at a very fast pace encouraging myself to becoming almost spamming rather that actually aiming, this also brings me to the issue with "Room Tags", personally I would restrict the use of [IR] [IA] on Duel Rooms / Team Deathmatches as these game modes it where it takes a player of some skill level to actually play, these room tags for me take the skill away causing the game modes mentioned above to become a rushed spam room of who can let off the most amount of shots quick enough, I cannot comment if this is the same in Clan Wars as I'm yet to step into the scene.

Players appear to be of a decent skill set aswell, well from what I've seen anyways there's combinations of moves being thrown together which was never really used back on ijji, LD/RHS/RSS/RS were the primary moves back then, also everyone has generally good aim however I do have suspicions on some players underclocking as they appear to hit me for phenomenal damage at ranges where I'd expect only 30-50 damage but yet being hit for 80-100 damage.

Overall a good server, could do with a few tweaks to keep that nostlagic GunZ feeling but can't complain as it's a 2017 and games move on.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-17-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Zeus for this useful post:

Canpai (07-18-2017), Notorious (07-15-2017), Stuwadie (07-15-2017)

Thread Information