Zeus's Avatar Avalanche Gaming

Country
    Thanks
    Recently download Freestyle GunZ after feeling nostalgic and wanting to play, a friend chucked me some donation items for X amount of days to help in transitioning from what used to be Pioneers and Breaker 9se to what would appear to be customised shotguns such as Genesis Revenge / Duelisto (My current set-up for next 5 days).

My first thought on this server are generally good, I like how ping doesn't play a part in aiming anymore, features such as built in Archtype this means I can change configs without having to redo config file and white maps (Always used to be a Map Pack download), the server it self seems very fluent and not to heavy on my CPU/GPU even my old Windows XP rig doesn't have issues with keeping up with this game. Haven't come across any issues with a language barrier either which is always good, it means there's some form of community reciting here which makes it easier to familirise myself with players on who's good / who's bad and so on. Premium items available at all levels and are FREE, man what I would have done back in 2007 for all the set items at my disposal right now. Avatars these are new right? I don't remember such things being around however they seem cool enough, the mummy is a little aggy for me it seem like a "cheat set" visually hard to see and very slender making aiming a little bit hit or miss time to time.

However there are some bad points, shotgun delays feel overclocked, I have the ability to Reload Shot expecially as a scroll user at a very fast pace encouraging myself to becoming almost spamming rather that actually aiming, this also brings me to the issue with "Room Tags", personally I would restrict the use of [IR] [IA] on Duel Rooms / Team Deathmatches as these game modes it where it takes a player of some skill level to actually play, these room tags for me take the skill away causing the game modes mentioned above to become a rushed spam room of who can let off the most amount of shots quick enough, I cannot comment if this is the same in Clan Wars as I'm yet to step into the scene.

Players appear to be of a decent skill set aswell, well from what I've seen anyways there's combinations of moves being thrown together which was never really used back on ijji, LD/RHS/RSS/RS were the primary moves back then, also everyone has generally good aim however I do have suspicions on some players underclocking as they appear to hit me for phenomenal damage at ranges where I'd expect only 30-50 damage but yet being hit for 80-100 damage.

Overall a good server, could do with a few tweaks to keep that nostlagic GunZ feeling but can't complain as it's a 2017 and games move on.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-17-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Zeus for this useful post:

Canpai (07-18-2017), Notorious (07-15-2017), Stuwadie (07-15-2017)

Flora's Avatar LD King

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
    Recently download Freestyle GunZ after feeling nostalgic and wanting to play, a friend chucked me some donation items for X amount of days to help in transitioning from what used to be Pioneers and Breaker 9se to what would appear to be customised shotguns such as Genesis Revenge / Duelisto (My current set-up for next 5 days).

My first thought on this server are generally good, I like how ping doesn't play a part in aiming anymore, features such as built in Archtype this means I can change configs without having to redo config file and white maps (Always used to be a Map Pack download), the server it self seems very fluent and not to heavy on my CPU/GPU even my old Windows XP rig doesn't have issues with keeping up with this game. Haven't come across any issues with a language barrier either which is always good, it means there's some form of community reciting here which makes it easier to familirise myself with players on who's good / who's bad and so on. Premium items available at all levels and are FREE, man what I would have done back in 2007 for all the set items at my disposal right now. Avatars these are new right? I don't remember such things being around however they seem cool enough, the mummy is a little aggy for me it seem like a "cheat set" visually hard to see and very slender making aiming a little bit hit or miss time to time.

However there are some bad points, shotgun delays feel overclocked, I have the ability to Reload Shot expecially as a scroll user at a very fast pace encouraging myself to becoming almost spamming rather that actually aiming, this also brings me to the issue with "Room Tags", personally I would restrict the use of [IR] [IA] on Duel Rooms / Team Deathmatches as these game modes it where it takes a player of some skill level to actually play, these room tags for me take the skill away causing the game modes mentioned above to become a rushed spam room of who can let off the most amount of shots qucik enough, I cannot comment if this is the same in Clan Wars as I'm yet to step into the scene.

Players appear to be of a decent skill set aswell, well from what I've seen anyways there's combinations of moves being thrown together which was never really used back on ijji, LD/RHS/RSS/RS were the primoary moves back then, also everyone has generally good aim however I do have suspensions on some players underclocking as they appear to hit me for phenomenal damage at ranges where I'd expect only 30-50 damage but yet being hit for 80-100 damage.

Overall a good server, could do with a few tweaks to keep that nostlagic GunZ feeling but can't complain as it's a 2017 and games move on.
    oooooo shit i remember u from a while ago rofl but yeah alot of ucers hitboxers many unlegits on this server
    Last edited by GeorgeGFX; 07-15-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Good to see you Knick, been a long time.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Do another review when V8 will be released some day, thanks kind k1d.

Zeus's Avatar Avalanche Gaming

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Do another review when V8 will be released some day, thanks kind k1d.
    Will do, hopefully they'll be changes to weapons, these current delays are strange having the ability to perform 3 Reload Shots in the time frame of which only 2 should be able to be performed is not normal, I'm able to walk into a duel and instantly start spamming since every room holds the auto reload tag without even having to concentrate on aiming

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

Thread Information