Thanks
    Oh why hello there. I was trying to get staff's attention and I suppose this thread will do it.

I was a dev here at fgunz 2 years ago and I honestly don't remember what happened back then.
    There's my old application: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...nicius-M-Horta
    And I was developing some team run mode: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...velopment-Blog

Well, things surely have changed quite a lot now. I'm 26 and graduating in information systems at a federal university and by chance I remembered this game (was browsing youtube videos). When I watched some video there I remembered this game's potential compared to nowadays games and I decided to upgrade this game graphics (when I say graphics I most likely mean models and textures and some directx new stuff). Quite quickly I set up a local server and with a bit of research used the .elu and .ani importer/exporter from blender and started working and the gunz file read system. I'm currently looking into it (because gunz source is a great mess and I think drawing some flowcharts will greatly help). Well, as of this moment I'm not really interested in some position but more in bringing this game back into full life and attracting new players.

I was really well received in this server in the past and I think it's a shame that *** gunz has more players. There'll be quite a lot of work to be done towards what I have in mind. My objective is to contact staff again and if possible work with the active programmers to do this.

Even tho most player play on archetype config, UE4 has some very 'clean' graphics, something like COD BO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsp89c_XKkg would be quite clean for gunz players.

In case fgunz staff gets interested, please contact me.
    [18:22:28] Vini: yo surfen
    [18:223] Vini: you know how to extract things from .rar right?
    [18:22:59] Surfen 555: idk coding so idk wat u said

2. The following 11 users say thank you to Vini for this useful post:

BoboGr1nd (10-03-2017), Canpai (10-20-2017), Daniel (09-30-2017), Eagle (09-30-2017), Eran (09-30-2017), Jonathan pls (09-30-2017), Justice (09-30-2017), MorningStar (10-18-2017), Polar (09-30-2017), TomasEdison (09-30-2017), «Benjamin» (09-30-2017)

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure that you wanted the full source code of FGunZ but that wasn't granted to you so you quited.
    To make it worse i even think it was on the first day you got accepted or something.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Rain for this useful post:

S1lent (09-30-2017), StephanM (09-30-2017)

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Do you have anything you can show that would indicate great strides in programming skill improvements? From what i remember of your run mode, it was heavily client sided, with a ton of global variables being unnecessarily used. I'd like to see something new before deciding yes or no.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Eagle (09-30-2017), S1lent (09-30-2017)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Do you have anything you can show that would indicate great strides in programming skill improvements? From what i remember of your run mode, it was heavily client sided, with a ton of global variables being unnecessarily used. I'd like to see something new before deciding yes or no.
    Wow, that just couldn't be true. Hopefully I had the teamrun project uploaded on my mediafire account and I've sent to you as a PM here on forums, you can re-view it if you would like to. I just saw that the system is all on pre-processors which means I never had fgunz source and if I asked for it I don't remember and can't think of any reason to it, but I apologize if I did so. I'll be online later on today (gotta do some stuff during the day), when I come back I'll load some models from UE4 into gunz and I'll post it here.
    [18:22:28] Vini: yo surfen
    [18:223] Vini: you know how to extract things from .rar right?
    [18:22:59] Surfen 555: idk coding so idk wat u said

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    What is the real reason that made you apply for the position again as last time you didn't last long and resigned yourself as the latest version 8 is almost finished and there isn't much to be contributed, do you have any motives at all because if I recall correctly as Rain stated, you asked for the full source code and I assumed you resigned as the admins refused to provide you with the source.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Wow, that just couldn't be true. Hopefully I had the teamrun project uploaded on my mediafire account and I've sent to you as a PM here on forums, you can re-view it if you would like to. I just saw that the system is all on pre-processors which means I never had fgunz source and if I asked for it I don't remember and can't think of any reason to it, but I apologize if I did so. I'll be online later on today (gotta do some stuff during the day), when I come back I'll load some models from UE4 into gunz and I'll post it here.
    The original runmode is still in the fg source (although disabled), and it was very client sided with a lot of global variables, but ill check out your revised one when i get the chance.

10. The following user said thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Canpai (10-20-2017)

Thread Information