Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MeMyselfandI's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I'm re-purposing my previous suggestion because I feel like I might have worded it poorly and/or for some reason people don't understand the significance of how it would affect gameplay.

In the past few months I have encountered a lot of people (dozens, in a community that only has 1xx-2xx players) in the game who complain about either the anti-lead being terrible, or they assume that their opponents are using "Damage Reduce" hacks. It is definitely possible for the anti-lead to mess up if one of the two people has a terrible connection, and I don't rule out the potential for hacks ... but most of the time neither the case. I have personally witnessed people mixing up random spread and bad anti-lead.

I have seen people say that you need to "slightly lead" sometimes. That isn't even remotely how the hit detection is programmed on fgunz. The biggest issue is that your pellets don't come out with any consistency. Sometimes you'll get a centered shot, and be able to hit like a truck from across the map, sometimes you'll be pretty close and 90% of your pellets will come out to the side despite how well you aim, resulting in a weak shot with good aim. A lot of people don't pay attention to how many pellets are landing so they don't have a concept of why sometimes they get kills and why sometimes the enemy they fight is still nearly full HP.

Now I'm not saying that you have to make it the default to have no RNG spread, I'm just suggesting that you add a tag for people to try it. The community can speak for itself. Personally, I think it would make the game more competitive if it felt like your aim was being rewarded and the element of the RNG Luck based system was removed. Not to mention it would be even easier to detect hacks if the same amount of centered pellets kept landing over and over again from the same person.

2. The following user said thank you to MeMyselfandI for this useful post:

Shayla (10-03-2017)

Thread Information