MeMyselfandI's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I'm re-purposing my previous suggestion because I feel like I might have worded it poorly and/or for some reason people don't understand the significance of how it would affect gameplay.

In the past few months I have encountered a lot of people (dozens, in a community that only has 1xx-2xx players) in the game who complain about either the anti-lead being terrible, or they assume that their opponents are using "Damage Reduce" hacks. It is definitely possible for the anti-lead to mess up if one of the two people has a terrible connection, and I don't rule out the potential for hacks ... but most of the time neither the case. I have personally witnessed people mixing up random spread and bad anti-lead.

I have seen people say that you need to "slightly lead" sometimes. That isn't even remotely how the hit detection is programmed on fgunz. The biggest issue is that your pellets don't come out with any consistency. Sometimes you'll get a centered shot, and be able to hit like a truck from across the map, sometimes you'll be pretty close and 90% of your pellets will come out to the side despite how well you aim, resulting in a weak shot with good aim. A lot of people don't pay attention to how many pellets are landing so they don't have a concept of why sometimes they get kills and why sometimes the enemy they fight is still nearly full HP.

Now I'm not saying that you have to make it the default to have no RNG spread, I'm just suggesting that you add a tag for people to try it. The community can speak for itself. Personally, I think it would make the game more competitive if it felt like your aim was being rewarded and the element of the RNG Luck based system was removed. Not to mention it would be even easier to detect hacks if the same amount of centered pellets kept landing over and over again from the same person.

2. The following user said thank you to MeMyselfandI for this useful post:

Shayla (10-03-2017)

ChloeOnFire's Avatar fierce ;)

Country
    Thanks
    while the pellet spread is random, the people who think they have skills and blame the anti-lead are also randoms.

yeah its a harsh reality btw..

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ChloeOnFire View Post
    while the pellet spread is random, the people who think they have skills and blame the anti-lead are also randoms.

yeah its a harsh reality btw..
    Yeah, I don't personally care about these people, but I know the hit detection system would feel better for everyone if the spread wasn't so random. Also, it's objectively making the the outcome of fights more correlated to skill & aim rather if you remove the factor of RNG luck.

Personally I'd prefer less shotgun pellets in general, with a tighter static spread, but that would probably change the dynamic too much and make it too hard for some people to consistently land shots. The super-wide spread right now is forgiving for people who don't have the greatest aim, which is still fine, but at least take out the lucky RNG aspect from the damage. Or at least make a room tag for people who don't want that RNG aspect to their fights.

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    They said they are gonna push some fixes on the antilead in V8.

I don't think this discussion will change anything since the "antilead" that we know will be very different once the V8 gets released. So i guess you have to wait and come back when V8 gets released with its new antilead and discuss its problems.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I could add a "no RNG spread" room modifier.
    I have created a fixed pattern for testing purposes, it'd be easy to add it as room tag.

But we do already have a high amount of room tags and we don't want to add more to it.

7. The following 3 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eagle (10-01-2017), Kaneki (10-02-2017), Zaku (10-01-2017)

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I have created a fixed pattern for testing purposes, it'd be easy to add it as room tag.

But we do already have a high amount of room tags and we don't want to add more to it.
    Why not just decrease the random spread generator to a point where it still generates a random spread pattern each shot, but it's less random, I hope that makes sense.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    Why not just decrease the random spread generator to a point where it still generates a random spread pattern each shot, but it's less random, I hope that makes sense.
    I agree, anything to make it less RNG and more skill is a positive in my opinion.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post

It definitely could change the dynamic of the game if shotguns were more consistent with damage output. Even I'm not sure if the community would be for or against something like that, but I don't think adding one more room tag would really frustrate anyone, at least it would give people a chance to see if they like it more/less when the random factor isn't so big in fights.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Hmm I dunno. They said Clan War was pretty fcked up. Sometimes shots would never hit ect. But they said it wasnt the anti lead itself but some weird custom code that got added a long time ago by previous developers that was messing up connections. They said its fixed now supposedly in V8. I guess we just have to keep waiting to find out.
    Last edited by S1lent; 10-02-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Natalie's Avatar Programmer

Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    Hmm I dunno. They said Clan War was pretty fcked up. Sometimes shots would never hit ect. But they said it wasnt the anti lead itself but some weird custom code that got added a long time ago by previous developers that was messing up connections. They said its fixed now supposedly in V8. I guess we just have to keep waiting to find out.
    "Keep waiting" I like it.

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Natalie for this useful post:

Amers (10-03-2017), MeMyselfandI (10-03-2017)

Thread Information