Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thanks
    CQuest farming for BP is one of the main problems that people stopped playing the server for. The first days of v8 all I saw was half of the rooms CQ farming. Bounty needs a significant overhaul to compete with CQ farming and it cant just be all CW too, because that leaves everyone else out to dry.

To give you an example I can get 30k BP in 30seconds for a solo Act 1 and rinse repeat, easy gems. BUT no one wants to grind and farm, it's a boring af way to "play" the game. The shop has forced people to farm or quit, because the upgrade donor weps and donor gems on the horizon will make it more pay to win. But right now its cq2win with grinding the roll of the dice for the upgrades.

Ex: I was playing in a TDM the other night and wanted to switch gun sets, in v7 this was effortless but in v8 I didnt have enough bp so guess what I had to do? farm cw for bp wasting my time with quest when all i wanted to do was get back to the TDM. I also get my inventory full of trash drops like lv1 armor repeatedly, or armor for another sex, or "legendary" armor that has no actual benefit. It added nothing but an annoyance to the experience.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    All I can read is that you want to make it easier for yourself by earning 1.3M bounty of a CQ...
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that

I never argued about re-instating the same reward of 1.3 million. I have a problem with how we had to pay the price for it after having spent so much time, playing a game mode and earning rewards determined by you (the dev team). Besides, v8 has been out for around 2 weeks now (?), and looking at other posts, I'm sure at least one person on the dev team was aware of this imbalance. As a result, a heads up about bounty being reset would've saved us a lot of time and effort. We would've stopped playing it for the time being if we knew the bounty was going to be reset. It wouldn't have been hard to make a simple announcement to warn us about this.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    If you wanted 1.3 million bounty from 1 CQ so you can buy 26 gems every 5 minutes - Sorry, that's not how it was meant to be.
    Again, I'm not asking for the same kind of reward. But approximately 3000 to 5000 bounty per quest that takes around five and a half minutes if done the most efficient way with 4 players? Or Broken Golem offering 42 (yes, 42) bounty per round? Do you really think that's fair?

I'm not sure if you understand the purpose of bounty. You're not supposed to be able to buy the highest level dagger after doing one single CW. Bounty has to be earned. I understand you're not a fan of this bounty system but it was suggested by our players to give a meaning to this previously useless currency again.
    I understand its purpose and I'm also for the idea of it being useful in some manner, unlike in v7. But the point I'm making is that it is unnecessarily hard to earn enough bounty to be able to afford basic things from the bounty store. Heck, there aren't even enough players or variety of rooms for us to be able to earn some quick bounty. Looking at current trends, if there is no big room of a Mansion DM game, quest seems to be the only way—which it isn't anymore.

You don't have to earn 20 to 30 million bounty, why would you? 20 million bounty that's 400 gems. Why would you need 400 gems? Upgrading a gem from Lvl 5 to 6 is high risk and high reward for those that can afford it. If you don't want to risk losing your gems - just don't upgrade them to the max. Same goes for weapons.
    I've spent about 40-50 million on gems so far, and have managed only a few level 3 and 4 gems. Sure, bad luck. But you do see how it would be nearly impossible for someone to get decent gems, right? I'm not even talking about level 5s and 6s. After spending close to 50 million, I managed one gem of level 5. So with such bounty restrictions and on top of being able to afford weapons from the store, how do we really utilize the gems feature? What good is it if we can't even afford a decent set of level 3 gems? (Not to mention there are so many different types of them)

You didn't actually 'lose' bounty. 1 million bounty is still far more than you should've gotten from CQ. Also, you're still getting valuable PVE items as drops which you can either keep or sell for quick bounty.
    Yes, I did lose bounty. No, it isn't far more than I should've gotten, because I simply played the game and earned what it offered (regardless of you calling it a bug). I did not exploit any aspect of the game to earn that bounty. And again, selling those "valuable" PVE guns, which have an extremely low drop rate in CQs now (and pretty much only available via Golem), would fetch me somewhere between 6000 (common guns) to 40000 (for an epic gun). Not worth it, and it's still way, way, way too much effort to earn bounty.

Tell me how I can earn enough bounty to afford all weapons that match my level (99), and keep buying gems if the games like these are all we have. It gets better at times (one mansion DM room with 10-18 players), but it's more or less the same.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 10-25-2017 at 01:59 AM.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I see you're asking for a higher bounty rate (or dropped bounty prices). As Dave said we'll discuss this internally.

Right now it seems like some of you are trying to unlock everything within the first week. That's not how this gem, upgrade and bounty system was designed. This system adds long-term goals, quite different from what we had in V7. And there lies the rub.

The whole upgrade feature was added for players that have spent so much time on this game - they don't have anything else to do. Basically giving those that already have everything another reason to keep playing - another way to improve their character. You're not supposed to unlock everything within 1 week. Rather it should take a month or multiple months.
    - - -

Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Tell me how I can earn enough bounty to afford all weapons that match my level (99), and keep buying gems if the games like these are all we have. It gets better at times (one mansion DM room with 10-18 players), but it's more or less the same.
    That's a shame actually. We'll come up with a solution.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

EternalBeast (10-25-2017), StephanM (10-25-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if you understand the purpose of bounty. You're not supposed to be able to buy the highest level dagger after doing one single CW. Bounty has to be earned. I understand you're not a fan of this bounty system but it was suggested by our players to give a meaning to this previously useless currency again.
    Hello,

To gamers who are only able to play on the weekends, this is not a motivation nor feasible.

If you wanted to make Bounty meaningful, it should have been molded into a useful resource like donors/event coins.
    For example, 10MIL bounty = 5 donor coins.

Public shop items have no real reason for being bounty-driven in private servers.

/my two-cents

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Paragon for this useful post:

EternalBeast (10-25-2017), manaog (10-28-2017)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe give us back the amount of bounty we spent on avatars? They ain't cheap, with the update which makes us earn bp slowly. It's getting annoying

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    A patch will be applied now.

- Fix 2 server crashes
    - Another attempt at fixing the launcher update problem (system.fgz3)
    - Changed NAT code in an attempt to fix server lag
    - Fixed excessive BP in CQ (it was related to a bug in the code)
    - Increased accuracy of Light and Heavy Revolvers and Dual Revolvers
    - Increased accuracy of Light and Heavy SMGs and Dual SMGs
    - Slightly increased accuracy of Heavy Rifles
    - Fixed Superflip textures (thanks to StephanM)
    - Decreased delay of MagicFire launcher for events
    - Decreased damage of Admin Dualdagger for events (999 -> 50)
    - Re-added Delta and Nagrand-Underground for events (with new textures to greatly reduce file size)
    Thank you McDank

Thanks
    Right now it seems like some of you are trying to unlock everything within the first week. That's not how this gem, upgrade and bounty system was designed. This system adds long-term goals, quite different from what we had in V7. And there lies the rub.
    Again one of my main issues with the bounty system is how it's designed to waste bounty and waste time, and it reminds me of mobile games philosophy of whales, it rubs me in a bad way.

1. Gems cant fail on lv1 = 100k minimum bp wasted
    2. Bounty for clothes with no stat difference, 25k minimum wasted
    3. Gun upgrades are insignificant, 100-300k+ bounty wasted to buy each gun
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-25-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Again one of my main issues with the bounty system is how it's designed to waste bounty and waste time, and it reminds me of mobile games philosophy of whales, it rubs me in a bad way.

[/COLOR]
    3. Gun upgrades are insignificant, 100-200k+ bounty wasted
    den rips
    Last edited by Zabu; 10-25-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    den rips
    Wut. Level 1 gems literally have a 100% success rate to Lv2, they are only there as stopping gaps, time sinks and to throw away bounty. There's no reason for it not to just start on Lv2 gems, since there's no way for it to fail.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post

3. Gun upgrades are insignificant, 100-300k+ bounty wasted to buy each gun
    Clothing = cosmetics
    Stats = rings/gems

We needed a new gamble system so the fails on gems are actually good, you just need a small grind.
    Also there is a difference with having your focus on gem grind or just play and occasionally do a gem combine aka POV.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information