Thanks
    v8 has done some things right, but I think it's a case of trying to reinvent too much at once.

Vanilla has gotten a little extra addition with the no gems rule but I don't really think that's enough. For it to really be called "Vanilla" it should be as close to GunZ's official code as possible. I'm sure there's a lot of people who wanted to try v8's new balancing without dropoff and the hitbox changes so I would highly suggest adding in the option to do so, or the only choice people have is to leave the server if they want to play classic gunz.

If having optional hitbox changes isnt possible, I'm sure mod-coding out the drop-off damage is, and people would probably be more open to v8 if we had a way to play what was the standard before. Dropoff is a case of adding something no one ever asked for, and a 10 reply poll buried in the debates section out of 100s of players doesnt count.

Maybe the hitbox and dropoff will become the new hot thing in the future like how anti-lead took over servers and lead is mostly a thing of the past, but right now I think people (like me) would rather like being able to pick whether they want to play on v8's code changes or not, not being forced into it or packing up and leaving. I know the response will already be "but the balance is with the code changes in mind" and maybe it will be broken if we use the standard GunZ code but I would rather see it for myself. I havent found a single person who likes the dropoff damage change yet.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Removing dropoff with the vanilla tag would be easy. If they wanted to. They probably just need to extend the range though and then lower the damage, or something like that. But I can understand it not feeling quite right, I played on opening weekend and it wasn't terrible but I wouldn't say it felt good either, just felt kind of in the middle. It could also be the case that I'm just tired of a 15 year old game though, along with many others and no matter what is done it won't ever be as fun to play again.
    Last edited by S1lent; 10-18-2017 at 09:29 PM.

3. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Rain (10-18-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    could also possibly include in the mod the no recoil from guns which makes them unreliable in a sense

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    May you please explain what these mods mean?
    I don't have access to a computer on which I can test the new patch.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post
    May you please explain what these mods mean?
    I don't have access to a computer on which I can test the new patch.
    Dropoff means that there's a limit to how far you can be to get maximum damage on your guns, or they are weaker outside of their range. The new hitbox means you can miss your shots by firing past the shoulder or inbetween the legs, its more accurate to what you see. Gems are small perks you can stack in GunZ.

That should clear it up.
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-19-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Thread Information