Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

TBH revolvers are kind of underpowered atm and since I use them alot I'd like to see that change.

There are some points I'd like to discuss;

- Why did you guys make the reload delay so terribly slow? It's not like revs were overpowered in V7 or something.
    - The accuracy is garbage, even if you can aim well the chance of you missing is still pretty high.
    - In comparisation to the other weapons and the points mentioned above, the damage of revs is kind of low as well.

My idea is to buff at least one of the three points I stated. I think it would be the best to buff the accuracy, so revs could be used efficiently again.

~Bram

2. The following 10 users say thank you to Fay for this useful post:

Daniel (10-20-2017), Eddie (10-23-2017), Halcyon (10-22-2017), ijramist (10-22-2017), MorningStar (10-20-2017), Poppell (10-20-2017), Puma (10-21-2017), Sleepy (10-20-2017), TomasEdison (10-20-2017), Zaku (10-21-2017)

Banned

Thanks
    Agreed On this one - The accuracy is garbage, even if you can aim well the chance of you missing is still pretty high.

Thanks
    Well apparently McSic handled all of the balancing, so all blame can go to him.

v8 is a case of trying to "balance" a gun too many ways against all gun types, but also L and H versions and all of the x1 and x2 counterparts with nerfs all over, and it ends up being trash all together. Some of the weapon balancing decisions are just really poorly thought out.

At best revs have the accuracy of Phantoms (Garbage)
    At worst revs have the accuracy of Dynaxes (Total absolute garbage)

https://imgur.com/a/eagCW

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Can't say I have tried it, but I do trust McSic's balancing.
    Plus the item pages look amazing and are full of detail!

How about give some comparison against a different weapon class, preferably against multiple?
    This gives me no indication as for how it is skewed.

🏍️💨💨💨

Country
    Thanks
    I thought it was me, to aim quite well I have to approach me not to fail and if I hit the same fault does not sound hit .-.

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    I thought it was me, to aim quite well I have to approach me not to fail and if I hit the same fault does not sound hit .-.
    Maybe what is needed is a combination of long and close range fighting?
    I can't play the game atm so I do not fully understand how slow they are, but if you can RS you can probably hit both shots well placed?

What are the accuracy of some other guns, shotguns would be a striking example.

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post
    Can't say I have tried it, but I do trust McSic's balancing.
    Plus the item pages look amazing and are full of detail!

How about give some comparison against a different weapon class, preferably against multiple?
    This gives me no indication as for how it is skewed.
    Revolvers:
    - Reloaddelay of around 2.7 seconds.
    - Very inaccurate (absolute garbage from a far distance)
    - 41-53 damage.

Shotgun:
    - Reloaddelay of around 1.8 seconds.
    - Pretty accurate even from a decent distance
    - 9-10 damage, but close up around 90-100

So, to do damage to shotgun users you have to stand up close. However, shotguns will decimate you from close up. Also, they are very accurate from close up, so dodging will be hard. When you miss alot and have to reload, you have to wait longer and the shotgun user will most likely kill you.

Since ~85% of the people who play use shotguns, you're kind of fked if you wanna use revs.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post
    What are the accuracy of some other guns, shotguns would be a striking example.
    Shotguns do not have "accuracy" they are always a random spread all at once, The accuracy stat has always been hidden but always a part of GunZ. I don't know if you can adjust the spread of SGs outside of pellets but I already made a full accuracy comparison chart here.

v
    https://imgur.com/a/VS9UJ

Or you can just click the link in the post above and see that accuracy in v8 is the worst its ever been. In GunZ dual minic's were accurate and strong even at Lv1 and it was a goal to finally get to lv50 minic's and have the best accuracy and dmg for revs. Revs are sniping precision weapons, just because we have an actual Sniper doesnt mean revs should get the shaft. The lv99 revs are still trashy, and I highly doubt the upgrades will do much more for it since they only make extremely marginal difference in accuracy like 1% for an upgrade of a Heavy MG. Which is a joke.

Thus far McSic or other FG staff had good intentions but did a poor execution on balancing. Revs are only part of the problem, but that's what the thread is about. It's not like any other game has never gotten balancing tweaks after official launches so expect things to change in the future, but believing they got it perfect with no real playtesting outside of their own bubble is wishful thinking and really naive, we're more in v8's public beta launch.

It would be useful to know the accuracy stats of official GunZ weapons when comparing balance in v8.
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-20-2017 at 10:29 PM.

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Qwin for this useful post:

S1lent (10-21-2017), StephanM (10-23-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    holy shit

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    In GunZ dual minic's were accurate and strong even at Lv1 and it was a goal to finally get to lv50 minic's and have the best accuracy and dmg for revs.
    You have to keep in mind that in the original GunZ there was no Anti-Lead, you had to lead with revs which made using them extremely hard gainst mid-high pings, thus the balance on FG. Because once Anti-Lead was added and revs had their default stats (damage, accuracy) they turned out to be pretty OP.

Anyway, sure we could increase the accuracy, not a problem. And rebalance other weapons.
    Of course we couldn't test everything properly although we had staff and VIPs test it and give us feedback. Some stuff needs tweaking.

Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

13. The following 4 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amers (10-21-2017), Canpai (10-21-2017), ijramist (10-22-2017), manaog (10-21-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information