Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    After talking with some of the players there are some ideas that would help in order to improve Gameplay because we believe u tried to change FG in an ordinary shooting game. We believe that didnt work at all since u changed the main gameplay (SGS) with the range dropoff.

We believe the hitboxes changes are fine and its not a big of an issue.

What should be changed or reverted is the range.

Changing the concept on a 14 years old game and simply saying "deal with it" aint gonna work.

Here an idea from Connor.

Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Hitboxes are fine, the hitboxes that are currently in use actually require precise aiming (in a sense). I don't feel a hitbox change would cause players to stop playing, it's new, unnatural so you have to adapt, like myself I always aimed for the knee/legs, now I aim chest instead.

Gems are fine, require a few tweaks however it's new and unique and honestly other than the movement gems I notice no difference. (Shotgun player only)

Range drop, now I use shotguns and I shoot from a close range therefore it's not something that bothers me enough to care.

Shotgunz.

Low level: 6 dmg, 1000 delay / 5 clip.
    Mid level stats: 7 dmg, 1000 delay / 5 clip.
    High level stats: 8 dmg, 1000 delay / 5 clip

Donation stats: 9 dmg, 950 delay / 5 clip
    Limit Breaker: 10 dmg, 1000 delay / 6 clip

https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...hotgun+balance
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    I already said this in the chat. and ive said it on other threads and il say it again.
    A realistic hitbox works for slow games like CS or COD. Twitch games like the new Quake and Unreal Tournament have tried more accurate to sight hitboxes and they always negatively impacted the players experience, so they both went back to the old standards. FG devs arent any smarter than the triple A companies who already tried it, it just makes the game more difficult and twitch shooters already have an extremely high learning curve.

S/O to Leon
    Qwin
    Connor
    Akimbo
    StephanM
    Last edited by Sunfire; 10-26-2017 at 12:05 PM.

2. The following 5 users say thank you to Sunfire for this useful post:

Canpai (10-26-2017), Daniel (10-27-2017), MorningStar (10-26-2017), StephanM (10-26-2017), Tzunami best0 (10-26-2017)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    TLDR; remove drop off & item ranges, keep the hitbox.
    Last edited by StephanM; 10-26-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks
    No mention of bounty needing to be changed? 2/10 thread

The bounty right now is one of the biggest, if not the biggest problems in v8.
    There's no way to buy anything, pirateaye wanted me to give him KatX Unlim because he's broke after buying some rings and he has to get buy on rolling the dice for donor swords on luckyboxes for 5days. What a joke FG has become because of shit like this, and so many players are seeing the writing on the wall and leaving. The rate we're earning bp is like ijji's aka barely any at all. This would be fine if everything wasnt so godamn expensive in the shop that we could actually afford anything, but clearly we cant.

Gems are not fine. Let's have a word from the 14+million bug exploit quester. I asked them for lv6 gem stats and expected them to have them all, this is the response...
    Originally Posted by ILoveQuests
    Sry, but you r wrong. I tried moretimes to lvl up the gems but stopped that tries because it ws too frustrating and only a waste of bounty and time.

That was the reason to ask for the premium gems. It is faster to earn coins with lvl up my alts and rb them to earn coins than to try to lvl up gems. I have only one lvl 5 gem so far and I am not willed to waste another time of buying, unpacking and combining two lvl 4 gems. At least it is an offense gem. Just compute how many gems (and bounty) you need to get a lvl 6 gem without loosing one of them.
    Originally Posted by ILoveQuests
    Nearly not noticeable.

Defense gems:
    AP lvl 4: +2.5 AP
    HP lvl 4: +2.5 HP
    MOV lvl 3: +1.5% Movement Speed
    DMG lvl 3: -0.8% Incoming Damage
    PRC lvl 4: -2.5% Incoming Piercing Damage

Offence gems:
    DLY lvl 5: -2.0% Delay
    PRC lvl 4: +2.5% Piercing Damage
    DMG lvl 4: +1.5% Damage
    RLD lvl 3: -4.0% Reload

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    No need to bring up the bounty discussion every time, both Dave and me already responded to it 2 days ago.

*Taking note*

"Gems too balanced... Should be OP."

Alright got it.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Canpai (10-26-2017), StephanM (10-26-2017)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    No need to bring up the bounty discussion every time, both Dave and me already responded to it 2 days ago.

*Taking note*

"Gems too balanced... Should be OP."

Alright got it.
    In regards to me mentioning the balance of them I meant more towards the movement ones which you are already aware of their increase in speed when stacked. Personally I can't say I feel the effects from dmg offense / defense ones however it probably is there just goes unoticied during shotgun use.

But StephanM said it, keep the V8 hitboxes, remove the range drop. Possibly a rebalance on shotguns but doesn't bother me as I'm running 2 limit breakers, just miss that 6th shot ...

In the following thread feedback was given in regards to potential rebalance
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...Balance+server

MeMyselfandI's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    The range just adds more RNG inconsistency to damage. Whereas before the damage already felt really inconsistent, it's now 10x worse. As I've been saying, the real fix would probably be to remove random spread, keep the tighter hitboxes, and lower the damage of shotguns across the board to make up for the increased reliability over distance. Make it reward aim over time rather than the bursty double-triple meatshot meta that just plays awful with high ping.

i.e., make it take 8-10 GOOD shots to kill someone. Also maybe increase the clip-size of weapons so people aren't fighting for 3 seconds and then reloading and hiding for 5 seconds. I'm all for the idea of shotguns with 7 clips but needing to land like 10-12 /14 shots midrange to get a kill.

Thread Information