Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    Massives and rockets always made the screen shake even on ijji. Guns however did not.
    Then it the shaking value must have been ramped up in v8 because it was never this bad. people immediately noticed once the new version of the server dropped. it was night and day. I would put money down on the shake being no where near as bad or barely noticable on a nother server if i compare it right now.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Lots of games do have screenshake as an option. Not that gunz is like most other games. It was there before V8 on massives and explosions, so it's not something to "fix" and instead is actually a request for a new feature to disable what has always been there. Nothing wrong with that though.

Thanks
    Lots of games do have screenshake as an option. Not that gunz is like most other games. It was there before V8 on massives and explosions, so it's not something to "fix" and instead is actually a request for a new feature to disable what has always been there. Nothing wrong with that though.
    Just tested on another server. Absolutely no shake on firing autos or when throwing a massive. The screen camera "wobbles" because the character moves around but the actual massive has no shake. Easily seen when just throwing an air massive, no shake and no wobble. It's as clear as night and day.

This is some added on rendering spaghetti code for FG and it's never been a part of gunz.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    I repeat...

Massives and rockets always made the screen shake even on ijji. Guns however did not.
    Also go look at the 1.5 gunz source. You will find shake on massives as well as explosions.
    Last edited by S1lent; 10-27-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks
    And I played it on servers that only use 1.5 source with no additions. You can say it exists in the code, but it doesnt happen in game. You're probably conflating the wobble with the actual massive fx.

Testing more on FG shows that rockets are unaffected so so much for the 1.5 code. Every time I fire a gun on FG like pistols, sgms, rifles or hmg's it shakes the screen.

Upon further testing now that I'm really paying attention to it, on FG it actually causes my crosshair to drift when just holding the guns for a while. Yet every other server besides FG has always been rock solid with no aim "recoil" realistic crap. Maiet had recoil that would make your accuracy bad, but never actually moved the crosshair like some CoD game.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    it actually causes my crosshair to drift when just holding the guns for a while. Yet every other server besides FG has always been rock solid with no aim "recoil" realistic crap. Maiet had recoil that would make your accuracy bad, but never actually moved the crosshair like some CoD game.
    Correct we added that. Recoil is unrelated to shake though, they're two seperate things.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Correct we added that. Recoil is unrelated to shake though, they're two seperate things.
    >We Added more shit to make your player experience suffer
    >We added more shit to make gunz an arcade game, realistic like a sim game.
    Stop. Do I have make another thread to remove that too?

Also. I think they are more closely tied together than you think, since it only effects guns with control. both rockets and sgs have control ignored, and no shake happens.
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-27-2017 at 04:10 AM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    >We Added more shit to make your player experience suffer
    >We added more shit to make gunz an arcade game, realistic like a sim game.
    Stop. Do I have make another thread to remove that too?

Also. I think they are more closely tied together than you think, since it only effects guns with control. both rockets and sgs have control ignored, and no shake happens.
    Do you read?
    They will add an option to disable/enable it.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Do you read?
    They will add an option to disable/enable it.
    Did you read?
    McSic is only talking about the option to disable/enable shake and he thinks that's a separate code than the drifting crosshair.. Oh and by the way, I was wrong it effects all guns. Most obvious on sniper, but even the SG has it. This is such an asinine change now that I notice it, I cant even begin to grasp how it was approved over 2 years of coding.

According to McSic the drifting crosshair or jerking crosshair every time you fire, is " by design " for the game balance, it's not something that will be looked at to be enabled/disabled. I'm sorry but this is more 3rd rate game design decisions, programmers clearly cant design.

The visible rippling shake is caused by the jerking offset of the crosshair every time you fire. This needs to be removed as soon as possible, not "an option to disable/enable. Removed.
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-27-2017 at 05:52 AM.

🏍️💨💨💨

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    We could turn it into an option and disable it per default.
    pz do it is very annoying when I shoot and the screen shakes, I would appreciate it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information